Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  13    15
Author: Subject: General Born-Kite discussion.
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 5-12-2018 at 04:10 AM

Hey, I'm patented!

That's just what I'm doin'.

Improving safety, controlling (influencing) kite behavior, meaningfully changing Kite behavior,
I was worried Steffan might own me, turns out I'm okay, Germans aren't allowed to patent humans, their parts, or performance.
---
Usually the knock off is the cheaper almost as good copy of the original. (See China), in this case though the Dutch control system moves and reefs the sail along its centerline perpendicular to the leading edge. The German system is a fixed and well placed bridle that puckers the kite slightly behind the leading edge. Are they different? What is the difference between a bridle and control system?
When you turn a kite the left and right side the associated bridling becomes the control for the kite on one side temporarily. Does that make my bridles control systems?
----
Well time to go get ready for some control systeming
No wind, time to dance with the fat ladies today.

Rage 1.8. Born Stars 2.5,4,5.5,10.,12.5. DFO 7m. Peak2 6,9. Peak3 4,12. Charger 10. Charger2 8,12. PL Rally bug.
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 5-12-2018 at 04:54 AM

Looking through the older vids. Came across Born's loveliest control system.
Second or third time I watched I noticed it was about a kite.
Brilliant. I know the LS1 was just a step toward perfect, but somehow I want one?

https://youtu.be/xh8LS0QcHKk

Rage 1.8. Born Stars 2.5,4,5.5,10.,12.5. DFO 7m. Peak2 6,9. Peak3 4,12. Charger 10. Charger2 8,12. PL Rally bug.
Randy

[*] posted on 5-12-2018 at 01:25 PM

I would love to see how the DFO system works. They don't seem to do youtube videos like Stefan so it is all a bit of a mystery.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 5-12-2018 at 08:17 PM

]

6 rings drawn by 3 loops = a reef.

eh3an2010

[*] posted on 5-15-2018 at 08:36 AM

Works fine on handles with and without the Z bridle but no center line. And the other way I've tried it that was really good - use Z bridles and run power lines and brake lines to the ends of the bar (yep, both of 'em with trapeze in usual spot) Hook a safety leash to the brake strap between the two brake lines.
my blog:طراحی سایت
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 5-15-2018 at 01:41 PM

Here's my rig

Windstruck

Mood: Holding out for a 3.5m LS3!

[*] posted on 10-20-2018 at 06:31 AM

Steffen just let me know that Born-Kite is coming out with V-4 of his venerable NASA kites, the NS4. The NS4s will feature better BODAPRE bridle lines. These bridle lines are the same material he introduced with the RaceStars. I really like this new bridle material and find it a vast improvement over his legacy bridle line material. More expensive per meter, and worth every Euro IMHO.

According to Steffen, the NS4s will have a new profile, less bridling, new bridle material as mentioned above, and a new color scheme as you can see below. I haven't seen it, but he told me that the new NS4 bar will have a "depower bungee" allowing the NS4s to be flown with a harness or by hand. I suspect he is working in some design features as a type of cross over from his StreetStars. The NS4s are said to work on 20m lines (standard configuration), on shorter lines, or directly from the bar, so they should work well for all of our various styles of kiting.

The NS3s were my original SSs and sort of a "first love" for me. Nowadays I mostly use DP SS in the buggy and reserve my NS3 flying for nice static sessions when my family takes beach vacations. My plan out of the gate is to get hold of a 2.5m NS4 when available but hold onto my custom 1.5m NS3 and my custom 3.2m NS3 that I won in a lottery on XK (doh!).

You will need to come to IBX2019 for a chance to own my 2.5 or 4.0m NS3s; I plan to donate them into an enhanced raffle my good friend iPaul (JeepersJoey) is spearheading. :saint:

I know I gush on and on about Born-Kites and likely seem like some sort of pimp for them. In fact, I have honestly greatly enjoyed getting to know Steffen over recent years via email and greatly admire his spirit of innovation and willingness to forge a place in the market with so many "big boys" taking most of the spotlight. I root for the underdog consistently in sports too. The world has too few Steffens IMO, and I appreciate his spirit and support it. The fact that he makes darn good products that fit my needs makes it all come together. Nuff said. :karate:

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Kites:
Born-Kite RaceStar (5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 11.0m)
Born-Kite LongStar-3 (3.5m)
Born-Kite NasaStar-3 (1.5m, 3.2m)
Born-Kite NasaStar-4 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Hybrid - nose & tail PL BF+ with wide rear axle; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; two sets of Sysmic rims (BigFoots and 6-ply trailer tires); BigKid's AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
 Pages:  1  ..  13    15

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio