Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Official Info from BLM
van

Mood: ride ! ride ! ride !

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 09:22 AM

Wait ... so I can get cited just for being on the lake on that day even if I have my own permit??? If that is the case, I might just as well stay at Red Lake for the entire event. Not really worth the hassle. I hope it all gets sorted out before I leave for Ivanpah. There's always El Mirage dry lake.

US-00 ( That\'s right baby .. double O!!)
Engines:
8m charger, 10m Scorpion, 15m phantom, 19m venom, 5m npw9, 8m npw-ha, 9m switchblade , 14m Ozone Catalyst

Rides:
VTT Black Widow, VTT Stinger Race, Flexboardz Haize, Trampa , Spleene HT Door 59, MTH custom twin tip

713-499-0100
http://www.shopvtt.com
http://www.vantantech.com
geokite

Mood: name is mud...

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 09:42 AM

Did Elaine specify how one would "support" the event or "club gathering"? Is that just by our attendance? Oh, right, I should call her...

Steve Bateman
Arcs: P:6,9,12m; Syn:8,10,12 V2:8m
PL Monster Buggy, 1994 Flexi buggy (original owner)
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 09:44 AM

this will so mess up a lot of vacation plans and stuff for so many, how sad.

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
Wolfpaklv

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 09:46 AM

Good News!!! Just got off the phone with Elaine. Since most or some of you guys had already made plans and spent a lot of $$$ she has changed her mind and will begin issueing the casual use permits again for you guys. We can all gather and camp next to each other as we normally would. But we are being asked not to have any organized races or activities. And NO selling of goods, so make sure you get your NABX shirts and swag while your in Primm.

My intentions are not/nor have they been to destroy NABX. I love my kiter family. Although We may not all get a long kiting is my life. Ever since I bought my 1st kite from Corey 6 years ago my life was changed. All that matters to me know is going to work so I can make enough money to come out and play with you guys. Its either work or kites for me. There is not much in between....except for taking a photo here and there.

See you guys soon.

Brian Holgate
Craig Sparkes

Mood: Stoked!

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 11:09 AM

Brian, you've saved day by just speaking to Elaine to sort permits although BLM emailed confirmation yesterday to dean to 100% confirm :s

Really confused as to what you have done to be honest? Apart from add more admin for BLM.

Would it not have been easier to email dean and ask before posting and contacting BLM?

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Wolfpaklv

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 11:14 AM

Hey Craig, just getting the info out in the open. I have not claimed to do anything. But as a local Elaine keeps in touch with us all. And when she gives me info that is opposite of what it being told to the public, I just forward it so people are informed.

Brian Holgate
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 11:20 AM

If email was sent to dean yesterday, why haven't we heard that? Information flowing quickly and accurately stops speculation and misinformation. I see all of Brian's activities in this to have been helpful and necessary. Ivanpah is even more of a treasure to some of us than nabx is to all of us.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Wolfpaklv

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 11:39 AM

Elaine has just asked me to share her email address with you guys. If you already registered with NABX, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS!

In order to have a FREE casual use permit, send her the following: Name, address, phone #, and email address. Her email is edowning@blm.gov. She really wants to help. She will be out of the office next week so please try to submit your info to her ASAP!

Brian Holgate
nudge

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 12:09 PM

As there seem to be 2 topics about the same thing, Ill post this here as well

I might be a bit confused here but on the 16th Feb I received an email from the NABX team I quote

Dear NABX participants,

I dean jordan have failed to file the BLM paperwork in a timely fashion.
Life intruded, I was late. The BLM is inflexible on this, and are not going
to issue us a permit. They have agreed to issue you, individual use permitswhich we are obtaining for you.

Read that again. Which we will get for you!!!!!

You just show up.

I apologize. This will never ever happen again.

We will do everything we can to take care of you. Those who are already
registered are now members of the NABX ‘Club’ and will have a permit.
We are trying to fix the web site to reflect all of this, and we are.
Anyone who supports us, can register to join the club, but this site will be
redirected to another site, ASAP.

This CLEARLY states that the team will be getting permits for you and that you do not need to get one yourself and will be done for all those that registered.........puzzled why all the panic about not hearing anything when 10 days ago a message was sent to everyone?!.....or is that just me?

van

Mood: ride ! ride ! ride !

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 12:21 PM

I don't see any thing wrong in what Brian is trying to do which is pass information out to the public. This is valuable information for people that are "NOT" in the NABX club since they are not privilege to Dean's info. Everyone is making it sound like NABX is the only thing going on at Ivanpah. This affects everyone that uses Ivanpah, especially the locals that use it weekly or more often. We are all members of this forum to help and share what we know.

On the subject of whether you can sell or not, the BLM does provide permit for vendors so yes, you can sell. It just wasn't sanctioned by NABX from my understanding. This can be solved easily, get a vendor permit and do your sells away from the event grounds.

US-00 ( That\'s right baby .. double O!!)
Engines:
8m charger, 10m Scorpion, 15m phantom, 19m venom, 5m npw9, 8m npw-ha, 9m switchblade , 14m Ozone Catalyst

Rides:
VTT Black Widow, VTT Stinger Race, Flexboardz Haize, Trampa , Spleene HT Door 59, MTH custom twin tip

713-499-0100
http://www.shopvtt.com
http://www.vantantech.com
Wolfpaklv

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 12:22 PM

Hey Nudge, yes your right. The confusion was last week Elaine informed me that they would not issue any more permits...through Dean or otherwise. I was asked to share this info. However she is not a malicious person. She is actually really kind. Since most people had already bought plane tickets and invested money before they knew the permit was not in hand for the event. The BLM decided they would allow people there own permits so they can still show up on the lake and not be hassled by the Ranger.

Brian Holgate
xtemekiter

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 12:24 PM

Wait did BLM change its mind over nite? hallelujah!!! never seen that happen before! maybe it was the 300 phone calls they got this morning? or maybe there never was an issue and things were taken care of initially and only blown out of proportion? either way I'm coming for the first time to see whats the fuss is all about, cant help but to feel the drama in the air, hope it's not like that on the lake bed, otherwise I'm taking my toys and going home. http://www.powerkiteforum.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

:lol:

Matt.
deanaoxo

Mood: seeking aoxo~

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 12:32 PM

Thanks, and see you in Primm!

Quote:
Originally posted by xtemekiter
or maybe there never was an issue and things were taken care of initially and only blown out of proportion? either way I'm coming for the first time to see whats the fuss is all about, cant help but to feel the drama in the air, hope it's not like that on the lake bed, otherwise I'm taking my toys and going home. http://www.powerkiteforum.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

:lol:

Matt.
awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 01:10 PM

As for Brian and contact with the BLM, Elaine has been in contact with many of us locals on the issues surrounding this event. To help minimize the confusion Brian has unofficially volunteered to bring the discussions and information we have been having with the BLM regarding these issues to the group, the BLM in turn is in full contact with Dean. This has been a work between many people to get things sorted out. The discussions have been ongoing with the BLM, most behind the scenes, on access to the lake bed. Brian has put in a lot of work in smoothing things out and working out a solution so that we can continue to enjoy the best buggy spot in the world. As the old proverb goes, don't shoot the messenger.

I sincerely ask is that everyone please be as kind, courteous and respectful to the BLM as possible. They hold the keys to our fun and are in full control. They will not tolerate or respond to threats or ignorance nor should they. They enjoy us being there, they want us to be there but like anyone else, they will only tolerate so much before they get to the point of just banning it all and not having to deal with it. Elaine is a wonderful person who is willing to work with us, as are the rangers who patrol the area. Please treat all of them with respect and we will continue to have an awesome time on the playa for many years to come.

Thanks.

MDK

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 05:25 PM

I spoke with Elaine at BLM, she wants us all to know that she was not bothered by all our inquiries at all. also just in case to clear up the guest issue, the permits are per vehicle drove on to the playa not per person visiting and or buggying. anyone can bug without a permit as long as you drove on with someone with a permit or hoofed it on. so if you are in a RV pulling a car you will need two permits if you disconnect your car on the playa. I hope this helps.
I wont be expressing anymore opinions here but I would like to wish everyone on both sides of this issue well and I would like to thank Brian for bringing this up it was very helpful. now lets go buggy and forget all this nonsense! :)

http://www.facebook.com/mike.kenley
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdkenley1
Peter Lynn Viper S 2.6, 3.9, 5.3, 6.8 For Sale
PKD Buster Soulfly 2.2, 3.3
PKD Buster Soulfly Pro 3.3
PKD Century II 2.8, 3.5, 4.5, 6.7, 10.0
PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
nocando

Mood: Mad As

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 05:41 PM

Well done Dean, BriaN AND OTHERS FOR KEEPING US ALL INFORMED :bigok::bigok::bigok:

Experience is something you get, just after you need it!

Kites I own

PKD Century 1.8
PL ViperS 2.6
PL Reactorl ll 2.2
PL Vapor 2.7m
PL Reactor 4.9m
PL Vibe 1.6
HQ Apex 3m
HQ Apex 5m
Ozone Cult 3.5
Flexifoil Rage 2.5

PL bug
Proletariat

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 08:20 PM

Someone needs to buy Elaine a nice cake or something and "anonymously" leave it on the BLM doorstep. That's good to know about the permit / car correlation. Thanks!

I find its pretty damn easy to follow (or break, if you feel like it)the rules when you know what they are. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Nevadans and Californians.
MDK

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 08:34 PM

below are some posts between me and dean from the NABX Facebook page, could someone please translate this for me? I don't understand what he is trying to tell me.

dean jordan "As stated many times to folks registered, if you are, you are fine. I really would like to say more, but can't. Please trust and support us, i personally pledge to not do us wrong.
9 hours ago · Like · 4

Mike Kenley "I would like to say more, but can't" puzzled by this statement.....may I ask why you cant? I don't get the secrecy, could you maybe just give us some type reason why you can't say? I have promoted some events in the past and I know what you guys are going through, but when in salvage mode surprises and secrecy may not be the best tactic, just say'en. I will look forward to the "site" going live and hope to see my name on the list as it is not at the moment. thanks
6 hours ago · Like

dean jordan I know it is difficult to understand, but please try your best to imagine that if you say or do something, you will be breaking a federal law.

I am not a law breaker.

I do not condone, nor wish to myself break federal law.

It isn't 'secrecy'. It is prudence.

If you don't know us, i understand, but imagine, most of us have been doing high level stuff that is the topic of many stories.

Would you like to be part of that?

If so, fantastic, you can be. If not, worry. Worry a lot, but let me assure you that your worries will produce nothing while your friends will be enjoying a very special time.

Is this difficult?

Yes. Very. Although for those that trust, show up, and don't believe the hidden agenda of those whose production to date is simply words of a negative nature, aoxomoxoa awaits.

Believe.

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
MDK

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 09:03 PM

I get it now, someone PM'ed me and explained to me something about Unicorns.

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
Proletariat

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 10:31 PM

Dude... I tried to click "like" like 100 times... I think your post is broken.

Oh, and also... I love that conversation. I think I had that same exact conversation with this guy back in college. He was kinda freaked out by authority. But then again, I suppose I'd be pretty freaked out by authority if THE MAN was always bringin' me down, man.

:)
MDK

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Proletariat
Dude... I tried to click "like" like 100 times... I think your post is broken.

Oh, and also... I love that conversation. I think I had that same exact conversation with this guy back in college. He was kinda freaked out by authority. But then again, I suppose I'd be pretty freaked out by authority if THE MAN was always bringin' me down, man.

:)

LOL :)

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
MDK

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 10:39 PM

communicating with dean took me to a place I have never been before, does this place have a name? :)

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
Proletariat

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 10:50 PM

I think it's aoxomomxomaxoma(land)
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 2-28-2013 at 04:06 AM

Many have plainly stated you need a cardboard tube to translate. Never has this been truer.

That said, before this week is over, the mud will slide to the bottom, the glass will become clearer, and we might all begin to see.

I leave you with this:If only we could embed in this forum, much like the modern interwebz across the world, but hey, clik here, maybe this convoluted link will take you somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK
communicating with dean took me to a place I have never been before, does this place have a name? :)
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 2-28-2013 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by deanaoxo
Many have plainly stated you need a cardboard tube to translate. Never has this been truer.

That said, before this week is over, the mud will slide to the bottom, the glass will become clearer, and we might all begin to see.

I leave you with this:If only we could embed in this forum, much like the modern interwebz across the world, but hey, clik here, maybe this convoluted link will take you somewhere.

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK

Interesting, I clicked on the link and all that came up was the new movie, "The Last Exorcism".:puzzled: so I left.

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
MDK

[*] posted on 2-28-2013 at 08:26 AM

Jeff, that was an add, you needed to give it sec, LOL

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
MDK

[*] posted on 2-28-2013 at 08:35 AM

I think for dean the world has become ugly and he has gone to a place in his mind that makes it all go away :) I think someone explained it as chasing unicorns LOL :) I think we all do that now and then but dean, you need to come down once in a while :)

PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 2-28-2013 at 08:37 AM

Hardly.

...though time will tell.

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK
I think for dean the world has become ugly and he has gone to a place in his mind that makes it all go away :) I think someone explained it as chasing unicorns LOL :) I think we all do that now and then but dean, you to come down once in a while :)
Roadkyllphil

[*] posted on 3-6-2013 at 09:16 AM

I try to stay out of the drama that goes on with these things, but, I have to say since the dust seems to have settled some. I commend Dean for having the balls to admit he screwed up. That shows a lot of character to do that. And it appears that he and Brian have been working to make things right. Kudos,I am sure their world has been a number of different hells. I'm still fairly new to the buggy world and enjoy the hell out of it, I look forward to seeing others that enjoy buggying and to spend time with them. Since I have my permit you can look forward to seeing my sorry butt out there and my attempts to stay out of the way of others that are more experienced than I.
With that I have to get ready to go to El Mirage on the 15th - 17th for some St Patty's Day buggy time and comet watching.
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 3-10-2013 at 04:09 AM

Thanks, we try.

I do want to comment about the staying out of the way thing. If you are new, and haven't buggied with others much, the most important thing to remember is to NOT DO ANYTHING.

Seriously, and not singling anyone out at all, but if you are approaching an oncoming buggy with a closing speed of 80mph(you 20, they 60)now is not the time to 'get out of the way'.

I can't remember the number of times that i've spoken with people to ask them why they raised their kite, only to have them say: 'I didn't want to be in the way.'

There is this perception with noobs(remember,everyone was one once)that you have to DO SOMETHING.

Nope.

Continue.

Observe.

Change course very slightly if needed(most likely not).

Breathe.

No need to stay away. If people come close to you, don't run away. Srsly, don't run away. You are not in the way. Most of us love to buggy with others, which is why we go when others are there.

Use this time to get better by watching, by asking questions, and by riding as much as you can.

Use the smallest kite you have to start. Then move up. Take your time, feel secure, then go for it.

Do not raise your kite when approached or being approached. Where your kite is, is fine. Think about walking down a sidewalk and how crazy it would be if everyone got out of everyones way. Chaos. Just keep going.

Oh, and have a little fun willya?

Oh, one last thing, slowing down. This has been covered but here you go. Slowing down on playa is best done by keeping your kite low and heading upwind. I know, you don't do that at home, but out here, you might lift your kite and keep going. Keep it low. You have far more control, and you WILL slow down, it just seems like you are speeding up. The harder the edge, the slower you go. The fastest will always fool you, as there is almost no friction.

Low to slow.

Keep doing what you are doing if approached.

Aoxo coming.

Quote:
Originally posted by Roadkyllphil
I try to stay out of the drama that goes on with these things, but, I have to say since the dust seems to have settled some. I commend Dean for having the balls to admit he screwed up. That shows a lot of character to do that. And it appears that he and Brian have been working to make things right. Kudos,I am sure their world has been a number of different hells. I'm still fairly new to the buggy world and enjoy the hell out of it, I look forward to seeing others that enjoy buggying and to spend time with them. Since I have my permit you can look forward to seeing my sorry butt out there and my attempts to stay out of the way of others that are more experienced than I.
With that I have to get ready to go to El Mirage on the 15th - 17th for some St Patty's Day buggy time and comet watching.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio