Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: SO WHAT WAS/IS NABX?
RonH

Mood: Missing Sunset Beach

[*] posted on 26-11-2013 at 08:03 PM

You guys took the bait...

The trolls leave quietly if nobody responds...

PL reactor 2013 2.8

PL XR+
Home-brew buggy
bigkid
Posting Freak

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 26-11-2013 at 11:20 PM

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
sunset-Jim

Mood: always ready.... ta buggy

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 06:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RonH  

Exactly my take as well.

Libre hardcore (bf\'s and standards) KBSS suspension front end
Pegasus buggy

PKD Combats 2.9,3.5,4.8(proto type),5,6.8,7.2,8.6,10.3,15.4
jojo rm+ 6,7,8
jojo et 2.5m
jojo rs 2.7,3.5
Ariea Raptor 2,3
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RonH  

Yeah, look at this guy's post history. He's a troll. When is the last time we had to convince someone to go to and participate in a kite event?

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
geokite

Mood: name is mud...

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 10:14 AM

I'm assuming that ALL the organizers of IBB had always paid (entry fee, sponsorship fee, no selling on the playa, etc) when NABX occurred. Right?

Steve Bateman
Arcs: P:6,9,12m; Syn:8,10,12 V2:8m
PL Monster Buggy, 1994 Flexi buggy (original owner)
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 10:31 AM

I always did. Even this year. I've already paid my IBB fee for me and my son in the form of the deposit to BLM.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
MyAikenCheeks

Mood: Hi, My name is Davis and I'm an addict.

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 10:39 AM

Do you remember the old saying, "One bad apple can spoil the entire basket"? Keep this in mind.

I believe we all know that Ivanpah is the best place in the world to buggy.
The world thinks so as well, that's why they come many thousand miles to be there.
It's a mecca for our hobby. It's a destination most of us will arrive at, at least once in our kite lifetime. For a few like me, it's on our bucket list. And for some, that relocated to that area to be able to buggy there any day, it's haven.

I think, no, I believe that we should do what ever needs to be done to preserve this venue for the sake of the hobby/sport. This means everybody needs to play by the rules each and every time we go there to buggy and have fellowship.

With the current sensitivity of the current administration in Washington DC, that's looking to close down most Federal lands for sequester reasons, It's imperative that we police all activities there by all power kiters and buggy pilots. It's called being "stake holders". Govs. like these.

A rouge buggy pilot could mess it up for all of us. "One bad apple can spoil the entire basket"? All government agencies are looking for an excuse to cut expenses to save their salaries and they will kowtow to the few, without compromise to achieve that goal.

Maybe the IBB crew can ask the BLM for an "exclusion zone" for the event with all un registered kiters having to play in another area of the playa? A "stake holders" request.

Or ask them to not grant a permit for kiters that aren't on the list as registered attendees? This would make a lot on sense just for insurance reasons and to protect the BLM from possible litigation from some jerk party crasher that could get hurt. A "stake holders" request.

Also have the exclusive right to remove any one or anything, camper, SUV, tent, etc. that's not registered with our event from our exclusion zone. A "stake holders" request that would provide for safety, insurance and control of sanitation and accountability to the BLM for their issue of the event permit. It will also keep the xtreamjerks out! I would not put it past someone with a camper and a chip on his shoulder to get even by dumping his holding tank on the playa.

Just a few ideas to help protect Ivanpah, "the best place in the world to kite buggy."

"One bad apple can spoil the entire basket".

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

Zebra Z2 2.5m small stripped horse but WOW!
Zebra Z2 3.2m zippy racer oldie but goodie.
Zebra 3.4m Checka, striped pony with Jaundice.
Zebra Z1 5m It's got the size, it's got the speed!
Ozone Access 4m de-power foil.
Wipika 5m, like new! dean Jordan said it should be in a kite museum. (for sale)
Cabrinha Nitro 12m Recon 2 (for sale)
Ivanpah heavy
NAPKA - US47
OOBE Field Dirt Diver, Toilet Paper ASSassin. I am NKBRA Kite Buggy Police Man Obe Scuddly.
geokite

Mood: name is mud...

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 12:03 PM

Bob, can you get all the IBB organizers to say (on this forum) that they have always paid their dues (entry fee, sponsorship fee, no selling on the playa, etc) to NABX? It would sure give this new event some credibility.

And who are the organizers? I know of you, Brian, and Kent, but are there others? I read somewhere that this event will have open books; true?

EDIT: event was originally typed "even"

Steve Bateman
Arcs: P:6,9,12m; Syn:8,10,12 V2:8m
PL Monster Buggy, 1994 Flexi buggy (original owner)
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 01:02 PM

Steve I only speak for and defend myself. As to gaining credibility, I'm not sure anyone could say or do anything to change the minds of anyone not already on board with IBB. Everyone either has their allegiance or doesn't care. Most just want an event they can depend on so they can come ride at Ivanpah with their friends and make new friends while they are there. There were questions about credibility with NABX (not from me) but I don't see any benefit in continuing on with that stuff. I knew going into this that it would damage my relationship with some people I've enjoyed being friends with but the huge negative impact on the sport and individuals that had plans spoiled regarding NABX 2013 solidified my unwillingness to let it happen again next year. There has to be an official permitted event.

The organization of IBB isn't a secret. The only names on the application with BLM are mine and Brian's. There are dealers and manufacturers that are supporters of the event to keep the individual fees low. There are several people that have and will step in and offer their varying levels of assistance and support of specific elements of IBB and in general. The success of the event will be significantly due to those that pitch in and make it great. I thank them for their past, present, and future support.

Edit: Yes, if anyone wants to see the expenses and proceeds of the event, they are welcome to take a look at the numbers. There is nothing to hide here. We're all in this together.

Landsegler Disc wheels
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
pokitetrash

Mood: Happier than Richard Simmons with a wheelbarrow full of ding dongs!!

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 01:52 PM

What happened to the good ole days of NOT using this forum to call people jerks, greedy or making other inflamatory statements or bash people's opinions? It's definately NOT helping the sport at all. Would a newcomer think THIS is the kite community? It's not mine. I'm disappointed that this thread is still up at all.

Ozone Cult 2.5
Ozone Cult 4.5
Rev 1.5
Stainless BloKart with 5.5 sail

NAPKA #41

My Kiting Pics
pbc

Mood: Updated, edited, and published

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 06:08 PM

A wise man once told me, "You can say what you like, you can say what you think, just don't say it in print and ink." I try to live by that advice. It's hard, but it's a good goal.

Philip

I fly: Charger II 6.5m * Charger II 8m * Charger II 10m * Scorpion 10 (for sale) * Phantom II 12m * F-Arc 1200 * Venom 13m

I ride: Peter Lynn XR+ on Midis * Flexifoil Midi/Barrow * Peter Lynn Comp on Barrows * Peter Lynn XR+ (needs a fork)

I build: Custom bars for buggy pilots

I write about kite stuff: at http://philipbchase.com

Philip Chase
awindofchange
Posting Freak

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 27-11-2013 at 11:20 PM

Steve,

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I have always paid for myself and family to attend NABX (except for last year when they failed to obtain their permit, but in return I did not use the tent, porta potties, food or any other NABX festivities) nor did I get (or expect) a T-Shirt. I was only there on Saturday for a couple hours anyways because of other obligations. My payment was either the registration fee for myself and family, or combined with our sponsorship of the event which we did for many years.

I have always adhered to the NABX rules about selling gear on the Playa during the event, even though I had my own commercial permit and was perfectly capable of doing so. Because we were a local kite shop like Corey at Windpower, we did sell gear through our shops and either had the gear available to attendees that were coming in and in some cases, even delivered the gear to them while they were on the Playa, but I have never opened shop or had gear posted for sale during my time at NABX while on the Playa. I know several others who basically set up shop with gear, prices, etc... during the event, even laying the items out on the playa in a mock-showroom fashion looking to sell. Some even went as far as advertising the gear on this forum and others stating the gear would be available on the Playa for customers to purchase, but A Wind Of Change was not one of these people.

tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 30-11-2013 at 12:22 PM

Agree with Pokite.........I'm not on here much anymore but this thread doesn't project community........I can say that Bob Muse is one the the finest individuals you will ever meet. His willingness to keep this event going, regardless of what's it's called, doesn't surprise me at all. God bless you Bob and I know IBB will be a stellar annual event people can hand their hats on................

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio