Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tips for naish 5th line setup
YaMon

thumbup.gif posted on 2-18-2005 at 11:46 AM
Tips for naish 5th line setup

Hello, I'm not sure why I have not seen this site until now.
Very cool.
Anyone have experience/tips with naish 5th line setup?
TNT

Mood: heating up!

[*] posted on 2-18-2005 at 12:18 PM

Can you be more specific? What troubles are you experiencing? Will help if I can.
YaMon

[*] posted on 2-18-2005 at 09:39 PM

Hi
I'm retrofitting one for my 18M AeroII, Ive heard that where the front line splits into the Y; this Y is always the same size for each kite size, and on a bigger kite, makes the front lines shorter due to the Y being opened up more. Do I need to put longer pigtails on front tip?
MboardX

Mood: Kite ATB Rocks!

[*] posted on 3-21-2005 at 02:15 AM

Quote:
Do I need to put longer pigtails on front tip?
Dunno, but here's something I read about adding a 5th line to Aeros:

"This kite jumps so much better with the old "4 line" set up. The 5´th line´s Y front lines just pulls the kite together making the kite jumps crap, just like old low aspect kites, but it turns realy fast. So it makes kiteloops easy and safe but at a high cost. bad jumping and bad uppwindability in low - medium wind."
YaMon

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 04:13 PM

Hey , thanks for that
yves

thumbdown.gif posted on 7-28-2005 at 12:06 AM
5th Line ssetup on Naish

I have experienced teh same problem with my 14m2 Naish X3 when I set it up with the 5th line: the front lines are too short due to the length of the Y... makes the kite fully depowered all the time...

Rsole

[*] posted on 9-21-2005 at 12:37 AM
Setting 5 lines

Hey
I've done the following. Inflate kite, draw line from LE tip to tip. Your 5th line length is the length from the connector to the line. Lay out your lines positioning the leading (front) lines at the tips of the kite. OK now make sure with the bar at full power the front lines and back lines are the same length as this gives the kite full power.

Make sure the LE of the kite is fully pumped as a floppy LE will fold under load.

After a retro fit...TEST YOUR RELEASE UNDER TENSION, and make sure the kite will fully depower.

Enjoy

Rsole
stiffy

[*] posted on 4-26-2006 at 01:26 PM

Hey, I got a 14m AeroII off ebay for a decent price, and when i got it there was no 5th line, if i decided to set the kite up with a 5th line, how do i go about it? and how much would it cost?
but then again is it worth the money and could i simply do without it?
thanks.
Hampton

[*] posted on 9-23-2006 at 10:48 PM

You can use the same 5 lines on many kites, but there are two problems: One, you have to have a separate leader line from the center of the kite to the middle, 5th line. I make my 3 front lines all the same size to start, that way, I have a constant point from which to tune. Second, different wingspans will cause different powers as someone wrote above. I don't make my front and back lines tune to the same length. I start with the front lines 4 inches longer than the back when stretched out straight. Then, with a buddy on the beach in light winds, you can tune the pigtails on each kite as required.

The 4 inch difference is because the front lines use up extra distance going to the Y and then to the kite tips. This is a nice amount to keep your pig tails from having to be too long.

Hampton

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio