Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Buggy Location near Moab, UT or Grand Junction, CO?
boom

[*] posted on 4-4-2009 at 01:25 PM
Buggy Location near Moab, UT or Grand Junction, CO?

I'm doing a mountain bike trip to Moab next week and wondernig if there are good locations for buggying around there (as I could bring my buggy too)? I fly into Grand Junction, will drive over to Moab, and plan on making it to canyonlands as well. I have 5 days and plenty of time if anyone has a recommendation.

Cheers

Beamer 5.0
PL Buggy
redtailin

[*] posted on 4-5-2009 at 01:36 AM

I doubt you will find anything on the Moab side of your trip except some of the most epic mountain biking you will ever ride. However just on the east side of Grand Junction, just before you go into the canyon, there is an area called Palisade at the bottom of the cliffs that is BLM land as far as the eye can see. Its not flat like a beach, but there are lots of rolling hills that I imagine would be pretty fun in a buggy. Just look out for guys on dirt bikes and atv's.

and not to thread jack, but man, there is no point in going to Moab if you dont ride Porcupine Rim, IMHO.
boom

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 07:16 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info! I will definitely ride the Porcupine on your suggestion! Have a great one

Beamer 5.0
PL Buggy
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 4-7-2009 at 06:20 PM

Try buggying main street in Green River as it is almost as ghost town because of the growth at Moab. LOL

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio