Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Small Multihull Kite Sailing
Roger H Strube

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 09:54 AM
Small Multihull Kite Sailing

Has anyone developed a technique to launch and retrieve a kite for use in place of a spinnaker or screecher for short course windward/leeward race courses? The present kite flying drill seems to be: 1. Launch kite; 2. Mount platform; 3. Reach back & forth; 4. Stop/dismount; 5. Retrieve kite. For use in small multihulls for short W/L courses the order needs to be: 1. Launch/board boat; 2. Sail to racing area; 3. Start race; 4. Launch/retrieve kite several times; 5. Finish race; 6. Sail back to beach/dock. I have built several small trimarans for use by the disabled and/or elderly and want to experiment with launch tube and kite. The projects may be viewed on my web site
www.wingsailor.com
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 9-12-2008 at 04:38 PM

GREAT SUBJECT :thumbup:
I have put a lot of thought into helping disabled and kiting !
Do you know about Turbo Launchers ? They may be an answer ?
http://www.kitelauncher.com/

Our local kite school has taught a parapalegic ( sp? ) fellow to kiteboard. I think a local kite board maker made him a special board. They also have a kite kat ! http://www.powerkiteforum.com/viewthread.php?tid=4431
I will U2U the name of the company. It is affiliated with another forum so can not be mentioned on here.

There is a video out there of a parapalegic guy totally ripping it up in a wheel chair :cool:. It looked like a basic sports chair with wheely wheels front and back ? I lost it and would love to find it again.

I think a Nasa wing flown straight off the bridles may also be an avenue you should look down ?

There are buggies designed to be ridden side saddle. One I saw was a 2 seater. Very cool in that one person could work the steering while another pilots the kite :puzzled:
I have aso seen a designs of skateboards for land and ice that you sit on and ride side saddle like the buggy. With steering of these controled by the :moon: it is possible a parapalegic could do this :?:

I'm all for this idea and would be happy to help you out in any way I can :!:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio