Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Basic Kite Questions / Recommendations
doomwheels

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 2-16-2003 at 09:11 AM
Basic Kite Questions / Recommendations

Copied from old forum:

January 29 2003 by Linuz  

Hey! I've been thinking about getting a kite that I can use to mountain-board on the beach, and snowboard (beach or field) when there is snow.

I weigh 175 lbs, am very athletic & competent on board. I've flown smaller 2 line kites a lot before. The wind here ranges from 5 kts to 25 kts, probably averaging 10-15.

Question: Can anyone suggest a kite size/design for me? (size???, 4 line?, inflatable?, etc.)
What other design concerns should I think about?
Would I need a smaller kite for mountain boarding than for snowboarding?
Would I be able to use the same kite in the water if I got into kitesurfing?
Would it be foolish to look for used kites on ebay, (e.g. do they wear & tear alot?)

Thanks!!

doomwheels

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 2-16-2003 at 09:12 AM

Copied from old forum:

January 30 2003 by doomwheels

>Can anyone suggest a kite size/design for me? (size???, 4 line?, inflatable?, etc.)

You can use tube kites like Naish and Cabrinha for snow and water, but I don't recomend them for landboarding or buggying. If you want something that is suitable for all conditions, try a quadline foil like the KiteSurfer or AQUA by Quadrifoil. They are good for land and sea.

The kite size you need will depend on the wind conditions per the day you are flying and the type of terrain. Soft sand requires a larger kite and more wind than snow or ice. It is good to have a series of kites to deal with varrying conditions.

BC

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio