Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2 questions
matinee

Mood: windless

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 08:13 AM
2 questions

hey, furst of all, i live in belgium and i'm only 14 years old so sorry for the bad english ...

SO i'm not a beginner any more in kiting but i have a tinny problem with jumping my kite is only 2m long so problably you can't jump with sutch a kite so that brings me to the other problem, i wan't to buy a new kite but witch kite:?:, i'm 1.65m long and my weight is 50kg,
now i have a 4line kite, i hope you guys can help me

matinee
Scoopy

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 05:56 AM

Its kinda hard for me to recommend anything for your weight, but Im going to say if you have some traction experience, go for a 4 meter BladeIII, or a Macpara Bego 400. Either should do the trick in low to moderate wind. The bego is going to have a better low end than the Blade, and probably produce more power and lift. Just remember to be very careful until you are confident with the power before you go out and try to start jumping. Im really against using smaller kites to jump with, but with your weight, you really dont have much choice.

Scoop
matinee

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 01:51 PM

Thanks for the info, i think i'm gonna buy the blade , i've read mutch of great reviews about that went about the great lift and that's the thing that i wand/need, but i still have one question about jumping, that pendulum ....
so i think that the basic's are that you put the kite, let's say to the right and then you let the kite swing to the left side and than you run to the right, than the kite should pull you up:puzzled: i thinks it's like that, but i'm not sure :)

matinee
Scoopy

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 05:29 AM

Thats just about it. There is alot to do with timing, and you actually run slightly upwind as well. When you get airborne, turn the kite back toward you.

Scoop
matinee

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 07:06 AM

hey scoopy, you live in paradise, someone has to test all of the new kites and boards in your shop, you can like kite constantly !!

matinee
matinee

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 07:12 AM

after reading, my second reply, i called some shops and they said that the bego is faster and has more power and lift, but it's quit excpensive, and i think that if i buy the blade or the bego that in a couple of years i'd have to buy a bigger one, do think that it will be safe and smart if i already buy the bego 600 or a blade 6.0 ? or do you think that, there also gonne be to small in a couple of years ?

matinee
matinee

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 07:42 AM

here this is my kite, it's from na'i if you know it :yes:

IMAG0005.JPG - 92kB
Scoopy

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 06:47 PM

Just a small word of advice. You do not want to start with a 6 meter. You will be more than happy with a bego 400 or a Blade 4 or 4.9. You may want something bigger later. (most likely) but you will never outgrow any of these kites. Once you start getting a few different sizes, you will always use the right one for the right wind. And if your not careful, any of the 3 above will kick your butt in anything harder than a stiff breeze. Dont take these kites for granite. They will bite. As for price, you get what you pay for. The Bego 200 is a bit pricey for the size, the 400 is just about like it should be, and the 600 is cheap for what you get. I would go with the Bego personally. Im saying this with an unbiased openion. I sell them both, and where you are at, I will not have anything to do with the sale anyway. I will recommend www.atmospherekites.com for a bego. (tell him I sent you) Alistair (owner) knows more about the bego than anyone but the manufacturer. Remeber, you get what you pay for.

Scoop
Scoopy

[*] posted on 8-21-2004 at 06:48 PM

Oh yea, the Bego 600 will never be a small kite in terms of performance. I weigh about 21st, and this kite lifts me off the ground without jumping in about 15 mph winds. Its a very serious kite.

Scoop
matinee

[*] posted on 8-22-2004 at 02:46 AM

isn't 15mph not somthinh like 4 beafort or 24 kph ? isn't that like much ??
and i also read good reviews about the bego :puzzled:, i'll think i have to go for the blade3 4.9 or the bego 600, there both big enough and i can use them for any wind, and about the price there isn't that much differese, but the bego is unfindable in belgium so i'm gonna look for a new one but if i can find a good second hand, i'll buy that and are there eny harnesses for a 4line kite ?

matinee
Jangla

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 12:41 AM

Dude, you cannot use the 600 for any wind. Anything more than a few mph and it will rip your arms off as you're so light. I'm 75kg and I have difficulty managing the 400.
matinee

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 02:37 AM

:o:o:o

allright the blade it is :)

matinee
Scoopy

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 03:46 AM

You can go for the 400 instead of the 600. The 400 is very close to the 4.9 in power, just a little more.

Scoop
matinee

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 05:32 AM

it will be probably the blade 3 4.9 cuz i can't find the bego 400 in belgium :( if i could i'd buy that cuz it's cheaper and has more pull, but you can find the blade everyware and he's more excpensive and has less pull :puzzled: probably cuz it's from a popular brand -> damn you flexifoil :)

matinee
Scoopy

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 06:10 AM

Whatever the kite, be very careful till you get used to the power, these kites will spank you in the right wind. (or is that the wrong wind?)

Scoop
matinee

[*] posted on 8-23-2004 at 07:47 AM

i will :saint:
thanks for all of the advice

matinee

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio