Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: STOLEN - MBS Comp 26 Mountain Board
lunchbox

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 07:01 PM
STOLEN - MBS Comp 26 Mountain Board

My beloved land board was stolen today at Balboa Park in Encino, CA. (San Fernando Valley, suburb of L.A.).

I had brought my buggy and my landboard and I was switching between the two. Never more than 100 yards away from one or the other. Someone must have grabbed the board when I was tacking across the field on the buggy.

Sucks because I used that board every day...it was my favorite toy!

If you happen to run across it on ebay, craigslist, etc. please email me at pmryden@yahoo.com or shoot me a U2U and I'll call the detective. It's got yellow egg shocks and the deck has the self adhesive black anti-slip stuff (don't know exactly what you call it) over the feet area.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I'm going to call my Ins company on Monday so we'll see what they can do...I wonder if they'll raise the rates on my policy??? May be more cost effective to just bite the bullet. Whatcha think?

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards
SecondWind

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 07:16 PM

Sorry to hear that Lunchbox - that really stinks :thumbdown:

Foil Kites: Flysurfer 12m Sonic 4, 10m Soul V2, Peak 5s and 5.5m Hybrid
LEIs: 9m Naish Pivot, 12m Naish Phoenix
Land: 16" Dirtsurfer GP
H20: 134 Shinn Monk Chromatic, Slingshot 103cm Hope Craft w/ Axis Spitfire 840
DenisLaMenace

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 08:49 PM

another thief. so bad.

sometimes it think about the day when all objects will be RFID tagged is not a bad thing for those of us who have nothing to hide. but this is the whole thing about Big Brother and life privacy. Thefts would have lot of difficulty to resell stolen merchandise.

(*** RFID is a radio frequency ID emitted by a little tiny device implanted into an object which allows to uniquely identify it from a receptor when the object is within about 15 feet range from the receptor. there was this controversy with Walmart about this).

barnes

Mood: Wind!

[*] posted on 2-16-2008 at 09:00 PM

LAME. Where is the respect?

The non-slip stuff is called grip tape...at least thats what its called on my skateboard. (If you catch the guy because you know its called grip tape I'd be SO happy.)

Yeah, but not much he can do with it. You'll either see it sold online (not many people sell kiteboards like that) or see someone riding it (not that many people are kiting.)

Good luck! I have faith in you finding it!

RFID is affordable enough to do that now. Won't be too long before that will be done. I'm just waiting for the day that e-ink takes over paper because trees are dead. Harry Potter newspapers will become REAL!

Kites: 16m PL Scorpion, 9m & 14m 06 Best Waroo
Vehicles: Thrift store snowboard, fraken-ATB, Old Litewave water board.
ripsessionkites

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 07:50 AM

it would be good in future to label your board with a Name/Telephone Number/DL Number ... just incase you come across it at a Pawn Shop. You can claim it back, with help of the Police (Five-0).

Another idea is to put a big fat sticker that says "reward if found", like the kitesurfer do. 90% the boards that wash up onto shore are returned to them.

rule of thumb.
gear not in use should be keep in your car when kiting alone.
gear should only be left with fellow kitefliers.

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 08:14 AM

Yes,

I put my name and # on all my equipment as soon as I get it. More because I'm likely to leave something behind than theft I hope. Funny thing is I hated it when my Mother used to do that !

The car isn't always the best option around here. At 72nd ave. you can't see your car and there have been some thefts. Another fellow got hit when out on the water in town. Seems someone watched him store his key.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
lunchbox

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 08:45 AM

Yes, I will definitely be putting a "Reward if Found" message and number on my equipment (lesson learned) and also all of the equipment will stay in the car until I need it (I think the car would be safer here).

I talked to my wife about going around to a couple of pawn shops as well. But even if I found it, how can I really prove that's it mine without some type of conclusive proof?? And even if I did write my information with a permanent marker, the thief could write over it and then the burden of proof would fall on me again.

Looks like engraving might be the only fool proof method.

Also, I will not be filing a claim because my wife thinks our home owners policy will skyrocket. Damn, I hate it that a thief will prosper.

...so I'm looking for a new/used board now. No way I'm going to let that person kill my fun.

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards
CyberMuZ

Mood: Happy Boy!!! :cool:

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 09:19 AM

Yo Lunchbox!

Sorry to hear about the board man. Balboa park is right on that border of nice area to not so nice area. Bummer.

I would scratch you First Name, Last Initial and cell number into your equipment. Drivers license # is one of the first pieces of info used for identity theft. You can use an Awl or a fine tip dremel CAREFULLY! :)

As for the pawn shops, I wouldn't bother. If the board was sold it would go private party most likely.

I have all the stuff to Id your gear if it helps. I am still over here in Glendale. I haven't done my own either so maybe we can make a gear party out of it. :)

Drop me a U2U.

Cheers!!!
Todd
"Scooter"

Diversity in Wind, Diversity in Life
Sthrasher38

Mood: Stable ;)

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 11:46 AM

Bummer stole your fun. At least nothing good will come out if it for the person who took it except some bad karma. IMO its time for you to get a new board. It would not be the same even if you got it back.:sniff:
KYTE SLINGER

Mood: freestyle tactician

[*] posted on 2-17-2008 at 12:12 PM

Hopefully the guy:rodent: who stole your board tries to ride it ...falls on his face and scabs the living crap out of him for the rest of his life .....

I hate thieves
crosshatch

[*] posted on 3-16-2008 at 11:39 AM

Oldish thread...but had an idea pertaining to it...

I don't like leaving my gear unattended on the beach/field while I'm buggying around....but sometimes it just turns out that way, whether it be just a duffel bag or a chair or bagged kites...whatever.
I found an item made by MasterLock...not sure if it would work in this application, but thought I'd throw it out here.
It's basically a bike lock on a cable (varying lengths are available), but also includes a device that, when moved, waits a certain number of seconds, and then activates a high-decibel shrieking alarm if the key isn't inserted and turned.
My thought was to loop the cable through any gear bag handles, and/or in/around whatever other gear you're hoping to protect (extra buggy*I wish*, boards, etc etc).
Definitely not a surefire anti-theft solution; but I would bet a thief'd be more inclined to leave the stuff alone if it's all looped together in an awkward-to-carry bundle... Even more so if it's shrieking.
"What if a seagull pecks at the cable and sets it off? Won't it bother beachgoers?"
I'm operating on the logic that if it's a crowded beach, you shouldn't be kiting/buggying/boarding there anyway.

Well that's the idea. More than one company makes such a device, I'm sure. But a quick search brought up inexpensive models, under the $50.00 mark.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio