Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Snowkiting with a C-quad
Stijn

Mood: No Mood.

question.gif posted on 5-4-2004 at 08:09 AM
Snowkiting with a C-quad

I'm thinking of buying a C-quad 4.2, (I've got a NPW5 4.8) but I've still got a few questions.

First (that's why it's in this forum), is it 'normal' (as in, are there more people doing it) to fly a C-quad while snowkiting? Maybe a 4.2 is to small? maybe nobody flies a C-quad while snowkiting?

second. I read somewhere that a 3.2 C-quad is as powerfull as a peel 5. I presumed that a 4.2 was stronger than a NPW5 4.8, but I'm not sure actually... is it?

Last: I flew my NPW5 as a 2 line kite on one kitebar (I put my brake lines together with my stearinglines). I recently ordered 2 4line handlebars. Will my kite fly better now, or doesn't it make any difference?
doomwheels

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 5-7-2004 at 01:23 AM

First: I've not seen anyone flying C-quads while kiteskiing. I'm sure it will work fine (if you like C-quads), but most people opt for smoother flying foils for winter traction. The most common at the Winter Tour in Switzerland were Ozone and Libre kites.

Second: I would believe that a C-q 4.2 is more powerful than a Peel 5 and I'm sure that it is more powerful than a NPW5+. All kites fly differently, some more powerful or efficient than others.

Last: NPW5 is a 4 line kite, and as such, I'm sure it flys better this way. Returning it to its original configuration will offer the best performance. I imagine they are optimally suited for handles, but it is worth a try if you prefer a bar.

Stijn

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 5-12-2004 at 06:19 AM

thanks for the answers. I already bought the handles and tried them out.. It was quite different than with a bar, but I think I got more control out of it (at least when normally it would have crashed I could prevent that). I think I'll buy a bigger c-quad (6.4) and when I go snowkiting I'll do a course and hire... Later (when I've got more blingbling) I might buy a different kite for that :)
doomwheels

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 5-12-2004 at 10:53 PM

There's a great school for kitesurfing and winter kiteskiing in Switzerland if you ever get this far south. They have plenty of gear to try out and skilled instructors.
http://www.kitesailing.ch

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio