Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Used MBS SOL 16 deck and trucks for sale
shortlineflyer

smile.gif posted on 6-16-2021 at 06:49 AM
Used MBS SOL 16 deck and trucks for sale

I bought a board used because it had a brake kit on it. I dont need the deck or the trucks saving the hubs and tires for 9 inch tires and as backup tires. . Anyone interested in it? I can post photos later today. The deck is missing one binding. The deck is an older deck from same generation as Comp 16. I believe this deck is designed for mid weight riders. So not me haha.

Elliot Kites sigma 360 --- Rev Blast 2-4 --- HQ Scout 5.0 --- HQ Crossfire II 10.0 --- HQ hydra 350
2010 Liquid Force Havoc 10m -- Slingshot ranger 12m -- Peter Lynn Scorpion 16m -- EH Cabarete Freestyle

MBS Elements mountainboard
MBS atom cruiser (stake trucks and wheels)
Peter Lynn XR+ kite buggy (std wheels and wide treads)
KiteTrike
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 06:52 AM

I can't use the deck either, but I see you are local and a landboarder. Is there anywhere worth trying to ride around here? I have looked at some of the parks with fields all in a row, but they are all lined by big trees and the wind is unreliable.
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 08:53 AM

Best lead I have on a good land boarding field right now is lake fairfax park general purpose fields next to cricket fields. I have seen a monster field in warrenton. I need to track down who owns it and see if he will let me ride on it. I also mountain board if you ever want to join me

Elliot Kites sigma 360 --- Rev Blast 2-4 --- HQ Scout 5.0 --- HQ Crossfire II 10.0 --- HQ hydra 350
2010 Liquid Force Havoc 10m -- Slingshot ranger 12m -- Peter Lynn Scorpion 16m -- EH Cabarete Freestyle

KiteTrike
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 02:40 PM

I fly at the cricket fields now. that is my closest park anyway, but there are a lot of tall trees... Also hard to get an open field as the kickballers have it reserved at convenient times.

Where do you mountain board? I actually took my brake off, so that may be a challenge. have to get a longer cable for it to work for me.
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 03:02 PM

I usually ride at burke lake park. Short rides but fun. I wanna go to wakefield park, accotink and lofton prison park. at some point or the jumps at i95. Best place to landboard overall nearby is national mall. Past that I would say wildwood until I can find someone with land that I can pay to use.

There is a huge overgrown golf course on a hill with some paved paths near my parents house in Alexandria near hayfield HS. I dont know how to approach that though.

KiteTrike
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 07:13 AM

I've mountain biked at Burke Lake. I do remember a cool quarter-pipe cut into the side of a hill but it was a flat approach.

What are "the jumps at i95?"

I've never thought about using a wheeled vehicle at the mall. Is that allowed? It is open enough for some wind to come through, that's for sure. I wonder if the polo field closer to Lincoln would work. I don't know how the turf is groomed, but it is near the river so should have smoother wind coming in.
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 07:50 AM

The pics of wakefield look really good. That run down the powerlines looks fun. not too steep, but some sharp turns with banks.

Going to try flying on fathers day if weather permits, 24% chance of rain...
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 09:36 AM

They dont care when I ride my board near the monument. They allow buggies though.

Sorry its 495 jump trail. Near Fairfax in annandale near 495 exit.

There are some good trails near mt vernon rec center too.

I'm doing indoor go karts with my dad this Sunday. Wanna meet and fly another day? I am free after 4 on Tuesdays and thursdays. I am free or can be free sometimes on weekends if given a heads up. I can pack a board or two in my car. Also, do you longboard. I found an awesome parking lot in manassas that is winding and smoother pavement. The arent and no skateboarding signs either from What I saw.

KiteTrike
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 02:55 PM

I have a 36inch pool board but not a proper longboard. Currently recovering from surgery on my heel so I am not up for anything too aggressive. May not be ready for downhill.

Clarifying what you said above, you are flying your kites on the board near the monument, or just riding down the hill?

Appreciate the offer to meet up. During the week is tough unless I have plenty of notice, which is problematic for kiting given the general lack of wind.
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 6-18-2021 at 03:18 AM

Kite land boarding at monument. No buggies allowed. Weekends are doable just need a little more planning for me.

KiteTrike
ScottAvery

[*] posted on 6-18-2021 at 08:31 AM

Your forum name is shortlineflyer... so how long are you flying at the mall?
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 6-18-2021 at 10:32 AM

I usually fly power and depower on 20m. I got shortlineflyer from dual and quad stunt kites. Usually the I fly on 65s or shorter lines. I make my own line sets usually so its whatever looks good or feels right. I get a disconnected feeling on anything more than 65 with a few exceptions. Like my 2-4blast I wont usually fly on less than 90s because it's so fast. First time I ever had 25 m and 30m on a power kite it was weird for me

KiteTrike
shortlineflyer

[*] posted on 7-2-2021 at 03:33 PM

Going to lake Fairfax park tomorrow morning. Bringing buggy and boards

KiteTrike

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio