Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: wheel chair tires
borokite

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 06:56 AM
wheel chair tires

Good morning everyone. I want to ride a skateboard to practice with my NASA kite. I'm having trouble finding my own skate and when I think the prices are high and I can't. I found a set of wheels to sell in my country at a price I can afford. I wonder if it would be possible for me to practice with these wheels in the measurements of the photo. The tires are not inflatable and according to the manufacturer they can handle about 120kg, they are for wheelchairs. The place I will use is hard earth, mixed with grass, gravel and loose sand. Currently I have tried to use a longboard skateboard with tractor wheels, but their diameter is 10cm by about 6cm in width and ends up locking a lot on the ground.

Cabrinha Nitro 14m / Peter Lynn Guerilla 15m / NPW5 3.9m / NPW21 7m
B-Roc
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 02:19 PM

You would have to make sure the axle/bearing diameter is appropriate. It will be a stiff ride if it works and no guarantee the wheel hub won't fail as there is a lot of side load when powered on a landboard and I doubt wheel chair wheels are built with that consideration. If you want to do this on the cheap (not a criticism), it might be better to try your kite on short lines and your longboard in a parking lot. That I know will work.

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
borokite

[*] posted on 15-10-2020 at 07:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by B-Roc  
You would have to make sure the axle/bearing diameter is appropriate. It will be a stiff ride if it works and no guarantee the wheel hub won't fail as there is a lot of side load when powered on a landboard and I doubt wheel chair wheels are built with that consideration. If you want to do this on the cheap (not a criticism), it might be better to try your kite on short lines and your longboard in a parking lot. That I know will work.

Referring to the bearing diameter is the same used in sktate 22 x 8 x 7. Regarding weight, according to specifications supports up to 120kg and is the bead is made in Nylon with total weight of 300grs each. My doubt is regarding the width, 3.7 would be too thin to be able to walk on uneven terrain? For Me to ride on asphalt I have skateboarding, already for uneven terrain which is the place I have most appropriate to walk i don't have.

borokite

[*] posted on 17-10-2020 at 05:22 AM

Good morning everyone. I gave up on the wheelchair tires and ended up finding the 2.50-4 tire in my city for an excellent price, the rim I can print on my 3D printer using ABS plastic and the truck I also found for a price I can afford. Would that be a good set?

borokite

[*] posted on 19-10-2020 at 04:52 AM

Guys, I would like to know between the tires in photo 1 and photo 2, which would be the most suitable for riding on very uneven terrain with beaten sand, loose sand, pebbles, holes and undergrowth?

jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 19-10-2020 at 05:04 AM

I would choose nr 1 for sure...

B-Roc
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 19-10-2020 at 07:01 AM

number 1

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
borokite

[*] posted on 22-10-2020 at 07:06 PM

Good evening everyone. Today I managed to get my skateboard tires and the truck I bought arrived. My mounting on my rim printed on the 3D printer worked but I am even better, I thought it was smaller despite working, so I ended up adjusting the internal measurement and correcting the bearing bore, which is 6001. The weight of the complete tire was 800g of each 680g truck. Unfortunately the truck salesman sent only 1 piece by mistake and is already referring me to another. In total, the cost to date has been approximately converting into $ 63.00 dollar. The shape will be cut in flat wood right now until I can buy my own. Follow the photos.

jantie

Mood: wind please!!

[*] posted on 23-10-2020 at 04:16 AM

that looks really professional.

i'd like to try that with a long board, but than again there is so much i want to try.. :D:D

Randy
Posting Freak

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 23-10-2020 at 04:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jantie  

i'd like to try that with a long board, but than again there is so much i want to try.. :D:D

Me too. I have more wind schemes than I have wind to try them in.

Borokite - nice on the 3 d printing!

NPW Test Pilot -US99
borokite

[*] posted on 23-10-2020 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Randy  
Quote: Originally posted by jantie  

Me too. I have more wind schemes than I have wind to try them in.

Borokite - nice on the 3 d printing!

Cool that yesterday my fabric also arrived for the construction of the 7m NPW21. Soon I will post on a new topic.

borokite

[*] posted on 25-10-2020 at 05:20 AM

This weekend I'm just taking advantage of the wheels. Here are some photos of how skateboarding is going.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio