Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: JIBE 2019 Post event thoughts
mougl
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked for JIBE!!!

[*] posted on 8-5-2019 at 01:17 PM
JIBE 2019 Post event thoughts

Another JIBE has come and gone and more lifelong memories were made. I had to leave 3 days earlier than anticipated but I am thankful for the 3 days I had there. Wow, where to begin???

Thank yous:

Chris and Frank...Thank you for letting me crash at your house, for the beer, the ginger ale, all the aunt b's food, the belching, the pet deer, the laughs, and for NOT flushing the toilet while I was in the shower! You guys are awesome! Looking forward to next year for sure!

Bobby...Thanks for the fun man! Had a blast with you making some fun runs up north from camp. Thank you as well for taking the Fury off my hands. I know it will get more use than when I had it! Looking forward to riding with you again next year (maybe sooner)

Errol...Did I spell that right. Thanks for the fun runs and for the tandem ride! Bro, I was seriously scared that we would have to walk back. I kept envisioning those hungry looking trees munching up that speed 21! Nice freaking save brother!!!

Angus...Thank you once again for putting on an epic event and for hitting the wind switch every day! It was great to see you again and seeing the ear to ear grin on your face in the buggy! Truly epic.

Randy...Thank you for saving my hat!!! I thought she was a goner! Had fun sharing the wind and beach with you again man!

Scott...Man, I can not thank you enough for taking the Edge off my hands, and given my future situation, giving me the option to get her back. I had a lot of fun running with you this year and I cant wait to run with you again.

Rebecca...You did it! You went bigger than the 6m! Was awesome seeing you get that 9m phanny in the sky. I wish you could have seen your face. KOOL-AID SMILE! OH YEEEAAAHHH!!!

Philip...Always a pleasure to share wind with you man. Always happy, always positive vibes, always a good word. You truly are a great ambassador for this kooky sport of ours.

Davis...Awesome shirts as always! Had fun at dinner with you and just chatting by the shirt shop! Looking forward to next year my man.

Ted...Didnt het to chat much with you this year man but it was great to see you. Didnt chat much probably because you spent a lot of time in the buggy, I did too!

I know I am forgetting things here, I always do, but huge thanks to all who were in attendance to make this the best JIBE yet for this guy. So many memories that will last a lifetime for me and I appreciate each and every one of you for that.

I got had my GoPros turned on Wednesday but as soon as I filter thru the footage, I'll get a video up.

Until next year...

US357
PB: 53.1 mph

BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 04:51 AM

Mougl it was great to share a beach with you and to chase you on some fast runs. More days next year! I'll get that LEI fixed up soon and we'll continue what we started last week.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
mystainedskin

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 09:32 AM

Awesome fun...watching everyone and riding!
Maybe by next year I can up my speed and skills slightly and hang closer with the pack :) ....dream of the day
As a kiter of all sorts...traveling stateside and abroad.... I must say what a pleasure it is sharing the sand with such a knowledgeable and kind group of people. No drama....just kites and riding.
Thank you everyone for all the help once again.....it just simply makes me smile.
Now....I just heard the wind whisper...I am off for a ride :thumbup:

NAPKA #US904
Viper/ 2.6 Viper S/ 3.9/5.3
Peter Lynn Phantom 6/9/9/12/15/18
Peter Lynn Venom 13
Peter Lynn XR+
Peter Lynn Drifter
Mg Edge
Elliot Virus
pbc

Mood: Updated, edited, and published

[*] posted on 9-5-2019 at 06:56 PM

Sorry I wasn't riding more with the pack--the North end kept calling me. It's impossible to have it all, but I sure had fun. I could have done that for a few more days. :-)

I fly: Charger II 6.5m * Charger II 8m * Charger II 10m * Scorpion 10 (for sale) * Phantom II 12m * F-Arc 1200 * Venom 13m

I ride: Peter Lynn XR+ on Midis * Flexifoil Midi/Barrow * Peter Lynn Comp on Barrows * Peter Lynn XR+ (needs a fork)

I build: Custom bars for buggy pilots

I write about kite stuff: at http://philipbchase.com

Philip Chase
Randy
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 02:28 PM

What week - best JIBE ever for me. There is a reason I look forward to this all year long and am already thinking of JIBE 2020.

I was not in pack either. I doubt I would have kept up anyway. 7m was the biggest kite but mainly 4 - 5.5 M single skins. I was more on the south end because launching from the Days Inn was so much easier than taking the trek north to Buggy Base Camp. There were a few of us starting there. On Mon-Wed - it was not hard to make it up there and I did get a chance to stop by and say hello to folks each day. I made it quite a bit further north as well. I found the beaches pretty deserted in the North and South ends, but not as much in between. I got to ride a lot, see familiar faces and meet a few new ones. A wonderful week all around.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
speleopower

[*] posted on 10-5-2019 at 06:32 PM

Good fun for the time I was there. Hoping things settle down enough to just rent a house for a week next year. Any takers???

-Scott

Quadrifoil Competition XXXL x2
Quadrifoil Competition XXL
Quadrifoil Competition XM
Quadrifoil Q2000 5 meter
Quadrifoil Q2000 4 meter
Quadrifoil Qebra 3 meter
Flexifoil Blade IV 4.9 meter
Flexifoil Blade 3 10.5 meter

Flexifoil Kava
7\'3\" Hana Crew custom
6\'6\" Hana Crew custom-on Saipan
F-One 7\'3\"
Cabrina 5\'6\"-for sale
2x homebrew plywood wake/kite boards
abkayak
Posting Freak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 06:33 AM

was just wondering if you guys got a "Making of JIBE" in the works?

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.5 Bullet/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 2- 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Toxic/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
mougl
Posting Freak

Mood: Stoked for JIBE!!!

[*] posted on 12-5-2019 at 11:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by abkayak  
was just wondering if you guys got a "Making of JIBE" in the works?

What do you mean?

US357
PB: 53.1 mph

jrhook

Mood: skeptical yet hopeful...thnx Ines

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 03:48 AM

I've come down to JIBE a few times and every year is amazing. The few days I was able to enjoy it this year were pristine! What a fun bunch! Here's a bit of a recap...sorry for the youtube video quality downgrade, it was a 1080 rendering...
https://youtu.be/5L8D33CSPRI

US83
PL Hornet 2m with permission
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m
MBS Comp 95 & Michelin Man Padding
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 04:16 AM
jrhook vid

that is probably THE most enjoyable kite-group related video that i have ever seen. very well done, and thanks for sharing that.
tom
Randy
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 28-5-2019 at 04:54 AM

Wow! Beautiful work! Next best thing to being there.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

NPW Test Pilot -US99
jrhook

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 02:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Randy  
Wow! Beautiful work! Next best thing to being there.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Randy, here's the millennial cut...Who has 7 minutes of free time anymore?
https://youtu.be/opAfLMmc8g8

US83
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m
Randy
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 03:28 PM

So you kind of have full strength JIBE and JIBE Lite.....:D Nice work either way.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
TEDWESLEY

Mood: cat-like,I stalk the wind, finding little, I nap.

[*] posted on 31-5-2019 at 10:46 AM

Nice sip'n either way as well...

Reactors 2.8 3.5 6.9
Peaks 4m 6m 12m
HQ Neo2 11m Ozone Chrono V2 15m WASP 5m
Flexi wide axle w/mids and runners
Skis Nordic skates and winter stuff
Quatro Wing Foilboard Slingshot Foils
NAPKA US06
igeighty

Mood: Im Interested in Apathy

[*] posted on 31-5-2019 at 05:37 PM

Great Video you guys,

Looks like a really nice compact beach. And plenty of fun times had.

at 1:15 I spot an extreme kites T-shirt.

Greatings from down under.
jrhook

[*] posted on 5-6-2019 at 03:23 PM

Yes! We get to take over the beach at Jekyll Island and ride like banshees, bandits and pirates. That's great; but the history and legacy of the place is great too.

In great secrecy, the Federal Reserve was established by a few Club members in one of those mansions. This is all told in the door stopper book "The Creature from Jekyll Island" and mentioned in "Method of Control" a song by Papadosio. What this all has to do with these words from Alan Watts on a Driftwood Beach sunrise, I haven't a clue. In time, it will dawn on me, I hope.

There's no kiting in this video...

https://youtu.be/6ua0R5Htgqo

US83
Flexifoil Rage 3.5 & 4.7
Peak 3 12m

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio