Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Here's what they sent. But I fixed it up a little to suit me.
Ed Cline

Mood: Wishing I could spend more time at the bar.

biggrin.gif posted on 1-31-2019 at 06:03 AM
Here's what they sent. But I fixed it up a little to suit me.

About two and a half years ago. I found the forum and started asking about a folding buggy to enhance my growing desire for more powerful kites. Y'all talked me out of it. Thank you.

Here's the kit and how I/We, put it together.

Go ahead fellas, be shameless. Every once in awhile we need to parade our buggy's even if they are humble.
:bouncy:

Rage 1.8. Born Stars 6 NS3's, 4 NS4's, DFO 7m. 3 Peak2's, 2 Peak3's. Charger 10. Charger2 8,12. PL Rally bug.
Randy

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 06:50 AM

Cool! I like the idea of the carry along bag on the back. Would solve a lot of problems for me.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
B-Roc

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 07:18 AM

Really nice! :thumbup: :cool: :thumbup:

Depower Quiver: 14m Gin Eskimo, 10m Gin Eskimo III, 6m Gin Yeti, 4.5m Gin Yeti (custom bridle and mixer)
Fixed Bridle Quiver: MAC Bego 400, JOJO ET Instinct 2.5 & 5.5, Lil Devil 1.5, Sting 1.2
Rides: Ground Industries
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 07:56 AM
couple o' questions, mr. cline

why did you switch the purple heel straps for the whites? do you have any problems with the straps grabbing twigs/brush/etc.? do the squarish profile tires provide more lateral stability, or did you simply wear out the originals?
thanks for any info!
tom
abkayak

Mood: loving life and becoming wise in simplicity

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 08:28 AM

Way way too clean but...
Looks like a killing machine to me

US-31...Cquad set/ 2.6 Viper/ 2.9m Reactor/ 3.3 Buster/ 3.5m Bullet/ 3.6 Beamer/ 4m Buster/ 4m Ikon dp/ 4.5 Bullet/ 4.9m Blade/ 5.6 Twister/ 6.6m Blade/ 7.3 Frenzy/ 7.5 Apex/ 9m Fuel/ 13m Pulse/ Phantom I 9,12,15,18/ 2 Flexibugs/ PL Comp XR/ PL Big Foot/ landboards
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 08:50 AM

Hey Randy. I used a liberty bag from China before I met Jon and Helen at BuggyBags.
Get one as long as the longest bar, mine's a little short.

The straps are lavender. The Sun had a meeting with the cheap Chinese fabric dye and decided a lighter color would be better. These are prototype straps. Wider olive drab is on deck for when these guys wear out.

The tires are a suggestion from Windstruck. The gravel was wearing out the standard tires at an average of one tire per weekend. These 6 plys are under inflated for their design, and still ride like a cinder block. They do not slip as much, and for me in gravel, they hold the line better. I would prefer soft tires.:barf:

At first the straps were hard to acquire when mounting the bug. It becomes more automatic just about before, you decide to scrap the design and start over.
I try to keep my bug out of the bushes, however they don't catch on anything, neither better nor worse than the pegs alone.
That's more than I know..

Rage 1.8. Born Stars 6 NS3's, 4 NS4's, DFO 7m. 3 Peak2's, 2 Peak3's. Charger 10. Charger2 8,12. PL Rally bug.
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 09:11 AM

pic for abkayak.

Windstruck

Mood: Dreaming of Fall SOBB!

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 11:52 AM

Definitely like what you've done with your ride Ed. I know what you mean with your tires like cynderblocks comment. You credit me with the idea but I in turn got the idea from iPaul (Jeepersjoey). Wear em out quick or harden up your ride (choose one). Maybe follow Madonna's lead and soften up your backside. :evil:

Does PL offer the optional wider rear axle with these newer models? They used to offer both standard and wide widths. If yes, you may want to spring for a longer rear axle. It will greatly improve your ride (TWSS).

SS kites:
Born-Kite RaceStar+ (3.0m)
Born-Kite RaceStar (5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m, 11.0m)
Born-Kite NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
Born-Kite NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Buggy:
Hybrid - nose & tail PL BF+ with wide rear axle; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; two sets of Sysmic rims (BigFoots and 6-ply trailer tires); home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Ed Cline

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 01:21 PM

I remember when I had a backside.:P

I thought about that axle Mr Steve. I was thinkin if the axle was looked at like a second class lever, with the fulcrum played by the other tire and me between... Then it would allow a smaller effective bump where I am if the distance between the tires was increased. Big movement on the end, smaller on the midpoint where I sit. So yes I think it's a great idea.
No long axle is offered. No bigfoot fork either. "Sad"

Wait a minute! Did I just call myself "a load"?

Cerebite

Mood: Is he using the same wind we are?

[*] posted on 1-31-2019 at 06:42 PM

Ed;

The other advantage of a wider axle is that in terms of handling side pull in a sailing vessel you can either put in a deeper keel [not an option on a surface harder than water] or add beam like a catamaran.

As to tires/ tyres I am a huge fan of going the golf cart/ ATV directions -many tread options, size options, most are highway rated, and not nearly as "hobby priced" as kite buggy tires.

NASA wings -1 to 12m [mostly KM4]
Foils -2 -12m [mostly PL & Pansh]
VTT Stinger on Midi's
Another day in Paradise...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio