Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anyone in north london wanna meet and fly?
wallis

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 3-17-2004 at 07:55 AM
anyone in north london wanna meet and fly?

hi i live in enfield i fly by myself and was wondering if there are any sites around this area that people meet up at for a bit of a social fly
if so ... let me know
cheers
wallis
Symphonyman

Mood: Gimme Some wind

[*] posted on 3-22-2004 at 01:22 PM
places to go

Hello I'm Kev
I can tell you that Blackheath is a great place to fly!...I go there whenever the wind is up and the current-bun is out...Had a good flying session last week,before the rain started to set in.There were a couple of people over there with kiteboards...I dont have a board yet,but Im gonna get one as I bought a bigger kite today, a`Tribord 3.2m`from X-Trem...I got it for a knockdown price of £64.99!!!....a nice result!...Ive got a symphony 2.2 at the moment too.
Symphonyman

Mood: Gimme Some wind

[*] posted on 3-22-2004 at 01:29 PM

....one other thing to advise is that Blackheath can get a little busy at times and last year the groundsman was telling people to get off their boards(and the buggies)as there had(alledgedly)been complaints from other users,ie picnicers,dog walkers etc etc with regard to some kite pilots being a little indirectly`Intimidating`!!...some people have nothing better to complain about...and I could not see anyone being a nuisance,only the complainents!!...however,last week there were people with boards and nobody bothered them...a great place to kite though!
Elo1

[*] posted on 4-29-2005 at 02:49 PM
hampstead heath

there is a group of us, about 5 meet on the heath most weekends and do kiting around parliment hill on hampstead heath. Most of us just beginers but come along if its not too far.

Erol

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio