Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: uk buggy locations
m00ms

[*] posted on 1-29-2018 at 01:53 AM
uk buggy locations

hi all,

i am surrey in the UK based and my usual buggy spot is camber sands.i am trying to look into other places to buggy just for a change of scenery really but so far everywhere i look it seams that you have to be a club member to do so.

for camber sands you can just turn up and buggy between marked out area and that's it. does anyone know anywhere that's a max of 4 hours drive of london that can be used ?

thanks
RedSky

[*] posted on 1-29-2018 at 05:28 AM

Obviously you know Greatstone, which is down the road from Camber. Further afield is Bolton Le Sands 5hrs and Mablethorpe 4hrs.
m00ms

[*] posted on 1-29-2018 at 08:18 AM

ive been to greatstone to look at on way to or from camber but not buggied there yet as not had an easterly wind.jim loves a day at greatstone by all accounts.

with the bolton le sands and mablethorpe can you just turn up there and buggy without being some form of club member? last thing i would want is to drive all the way there and get told no.

thanks tom
RedSky

[*] posted on 1-29-2018 at 10:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by m00ms  
ive been to greatstone to look at on way to or from camber but not buggied there yet as not had an easterly wind.jim loves a day at greatstone by all accounts.

with the bolton le sands and mablethorpe can you just turn up there and buggy without being some form of club member? last thing i would want is to drive all the way there and get told no.

thanks tom

TBH I don't know. I've never been to these myself, although there have been many big buggy events in the past and I don't remember reading anything about the need to belong to a club, only insurance was a requirement for large gatherings and meets.

Here you'll find a map of all the buggy locations in the UK. Some of the information could be out of date. Best check before you head out. http://www.racekites.com/flying-locations/

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio