Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kite repair
Blitzhound

Mood: I got a Sickness, and the only cure is more Kite Buggyin!

[*] posted on 10-24-2017 at 08:06 AM
Kite repair

I just want to give a shoutout to Fixmykite.com. I recently ripped the leading edge of my 10m Century. About 12" along a cell seem. I sent it to fixmykite.com in Corpus Christie. TX. They patched it up really nice. In fact it appears stronger then before the repair and it was cheap. Well...a lot cheaper than a new kite. The turnaround time was maybe a week if that. Anyway...If you have a kite that needs repair. I would highly recommend these guys. Very good work.

P.S. I'm not trying to be a spokesman. When I damaged my kite. I didn't know what to do. Who do I send it too? Who can I trust with my kite? (There may have been tears shed.) I Read lots of reviews on these guys before sending it and I'm glad I did send it to these guys. It was an awesome experience to a bad situation. So keep them in mind the next time you need a kite repaired.

NAPKA US541
New Tech Kratos
Flysurfer Peak3 12m
HQ Alpha 1.5m, HQ Beamer V 5.0m, HQ Neo 8.0m,
Pansh Legend 2.0m
PL Viper S 2.6m, PL Phantom II 15m
Best Bularoo 7m, Best Waroo 9m, 12m
PKD Century Soulfly II 2.2m, 2.8m, 3.5m, 4.5m, 6.0m, 8.0m, 10m
Libre Hardcore, MG Croozer
Windstruck

Mood: Feelin' oh so (single) skinny and Sysmic!

[*] posted on 10-24-2017 at 02:40 PM

I second this emotion. I too have had good success with our friends in Texas. I have done varying amounts of damage to my kites each time I travel to Ivanpah and these folks have fixed me up each time, sometimes better than new!

Kites:
Born-Kite LongStar-2 (3.5m, 5.5m, 7.5m, 9.5m, 12.5m);
Born-Kite NASA Star-3 (1.5m, 2.5m, 3.2m, 4.0m; z-bridled for handle flying)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn Bigfoot+ modified with VTT rail & seat kit (a seriously great performance upgrade), two sets of Sysmic rims (one set with BigFoot slicks for the "beach" of the Great Salt Lake and the other with 6-ply trailer tires for the Ivanpah playa), and BigKidKites AQR (because it keeps me in the bug and in my marriage)

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT00003
Ed Cline

Mood: A Star is Born

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 04:50 AM

Welcome KHougi,

The guys are talking about the repairs done by kiteboarding.com the fix my kite dept.
I haven't had a broken kite yet, but it's worth checking the specials on the site.
Got my naked Naish bar for 50.00 shipped. Customer service is excellent.
Lots of equipment videos here too, much to be learned.

Windstruck " tests " the repair service personally at random times just to keep us safe.
:spin::spin:

Flexi Rage 1.8 NASA Star 2.5, 4, 5.5, 10., 12.5.. DFO 7.04, PeakII 6. Quadrifoil Comp.4m. LS2 3.5m. PL bug. At least 200lbs. SLines.
Randy

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 07:39 AM

They also have good stuff if you are into DIY. I bought a LEI kite replacement valve to fix an inflatable kayak and it worked great. Got a nice kit for making/repairing bridles as well.

NPW Test Pilot
acampbell

Mood: Qanuinngittunga

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 11:54 AM

Plus one for FixMyKite.com. I've sent several jobs to them and have sent several customers to them with good results. Last I checked, they were authorized for warranty repairs by several leading kite manufacturers.

Angus Campbell
Coastal Wind Sports
...where life is better when it blows!
Golden Isles Region, Georgia, USA
912-577-3920 new number

Flying on the beaches of Jekyll Island

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Hosting