Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Update on Peter Lynn BigFoot Buggy
southpadreburt

Mood: Retired from Work, Working overtime with the Wind

[*] posted on 9-5-2016 at 12:35 PM
Update on Peter Lynn BigFoot Buggy

In April of 2013 I posted that my Bigfoot had a down tube fail at a weld while riding on bumpy sand. The failure removed any confidence I had for riding the buggy at moderate speeds since the failed down tube stuck in the sand and could have caused a painful wreck. The part was stamped "Chinese". Peter Lynn sent me a new down tube (not chinese) and I have been up and running since. For three years I have used the repaired buggy regularly on beach, dunes, drop-offs, and rough terrain with NO structural problems. It is not a race machine but it is light, maneuverable, turns on a dime, handles soft sand, pulls apart for storage and transport with no tools. Considering the large tires and stainless construction it has a very reasonable price. After a few hundred hours of use I am very pleased with the Bigfoot buggy. It may not be a buggy for big pilots but it will go places that bigger, heavier buggies find difficult.

Prism Micron
Rev B Series Standard,Vented,Full Vented
Rev PowerBlast 2-4
Rush 3 Pro
Ozone Access 4, 6, 8,10
Ozone Summit 8, 10
Ozone Frenzy 13m Ultralite
Cabrinha 7, 9, 13 Xbow
Cabrinha 11 Switchblade
2 PL BigFoot Buggies
ssayre

[*] posted on 9-5-2016 at 03:37 PM

That's good to know burt. I feel like I've beat the crap out of mine (xr not big foot) and I weigh in at 240. No failures yet.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio