Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Anyone own some size 7 coyote rollerblades?
jcardin

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 05:57 AM
Anyone own some size 7 coyote rollerblades?

Hey, was just checking to see if anybody here currently had a pair of 7M Coyotes.

I wanted to know what the width imprinted on the interior of the boot shell was, B or C?

Thanks for any input
doneski

Mood: even when I have time to kite, I don't have time to kite

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 11:02 AM

Size 8 Woman's is usually a Men's 7. I pulled out my daughters size 8L and it is a C.

I love Nahant but rarely get there anymore.
Skis, skates, coyotes, buggy, Beamer 1.8, Apex 3III,'Flow 3 & 5, Peak1 6 & 9, Venom1 10 & 12. Wings Wings Wings.
doneski

Mood: even when I have time to kite, I don't have time to kite

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 11:06 AM

Can't figure out how to add a picture from my iPhone so I'll try to email it to you.

I love Nahant but rarely get there anymore.
Skis, skates, coyotes, buggy, Beamer 1.8, Apex 3III,'Flow 3 & 5, Peak1 6 & 9, Venom1 10 & 12. Wings Wings Wings.
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 11:38 AM

I've got no knowledge of the width sizing specifically, but "B" would be extremely narrow and doubtful in a production skate for a mass audience. I suspect a C or D width would be more expected.

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 03:23 PM

I have found that Coyotes fit a good 1/2 size smaller than rated. I am usually 8 1/2 or 9. My 9's have all been a real tight fit.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
jcardin

[*] posted on 8-9-2016 at 09:50 PM

Thanks for the input.

I was eyeing a brand new condition pair on eBay that is one size smaller than I would typically be interested in. I messaged the seller and he/she confirmed that the boot indicates a "B" width which would be too narrow for me.

I did recently get a size 8 used pair that is a C width which is about perfect for me.

Previously I had been using a size 10 D width with double socks which was too big but it didn't matter much due to the extensive boot height and support.

So, I guess I will settle with the 8 size as my go-to pair.

The 6 and 7 both seem to have the narrow B width unless they produced some in both B and C sizes, which I find unlikely.

The 10-12 sizes seem to have the tallest boots which offer the best leg support.

There may also be some slight variations on these general findings depending on if they are a 98 or 99 pair.
jcardin

[*] posted on 9-30-2016 at 10:17 PM
Update on fitting

I did end up getting the size 7 pair in like new condition. I found them to be too hard to get my feet in and out of at first due to the narrow width, but then I removed the laces and added some different laces but started lacing at the 4th holes up from the toe of the boots.

This allowed me to wear them comfortably and get in and out of them easier while still having a nice snug fit.

Power transfer and stability should be pretty optimum, even more so than the size 8 pair that I also use, which is one width size bigger. I simply wear double socks with that pair.
jcardin

[*] posted on 1-16-2017 at 09:48 PM
Size 6-7 appear to have thinner, lighter frames

Thought I would point out this apparent difference in the smaller sizes of Coyotes. My size 7 has a less "robust" frame compared to the size 8-12 pairs.

It is visibly thinner or less "extruded" with less material but almost identical in overall general form/shape. It does however have a couple of extra aluminum pieces or inserts that go on the inner sides where part of the brake resides. They are visible through the sides near the back of the frame where there is an oval cutout.

On the regular more beefy frames these protrusions are incorporated as part of the frames themselves.

On the 7s they are held in place by the steel rod/hardware that runs between the back and mid wheels which I believe all Coyote frames have.

The reason I point this out is some may prefer the lighter frame of the smaller sizes if they happen to get a hold of them. Drawbacks are they bend more when you squeeze the front and backs (when no wheels/axles are in place) indicating they are likely less solid/strong.
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 1-17-2017 at 08:15 PM

Thanks for the heads up.

Personally I had a standard frame crack off at the back wheel from vibration on the dry lake. I couldn't beef up the frames but did beef up my rims to aluminium ones when they cracked. Those plastic rims are getting old. I am actually amazed others haven't had issues with them yet?

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 1-17-2017 at 11:14 PM

I've put a lot of hours on my coyotes and have not had any issues so far. The frames are fine. The weakest component of the set up is the wheels, I would think.

I have worried a little about the plastic wheels cracking or warping-from side stress, extra force of jumping/landing or from bearing failure(seizing) ruining the center of rims....but no such issue has occurred.

It helps likely being a lighter weight person.
:bouncy:

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 1-18-2017 at 06:53 PM

Other than popping tires pretty much all my breakdowns were related vibration on the Playa. One year in particular buggy camp was set up in an extremely rough area.

Ken (K2)
jcardin

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:42 AM
Current eBay listing with pics

Just saw that there is currently a listing for what looks to be either a 6 or 7 size pair here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201788053641?ul_ref=http%253A%252F%2...

You can clearly see the brake inserts in the first couple of pics unique to this size. These look pretty used and don't have the original liners.

Link
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 08:13 PM

I think these perhaps may be a little bigger than a size 6 or 7 based on the description of 11.5 inches long shell....?

What is the shell length of your size 7 shells?

The original liner s*cks. You don't want them! I use a firm thermo-foam telemark boot's liners instead. Makes a huge difference.

Any modern ski boot liner would be better than original liners.

Not a bad deal with free shipping for one who wants a kite skate/blade ,stand up riding option.

Ask first if tires are holding air!!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio