Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Basic info about Fall 2015 SOBB for a potential first timer?
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

smile.gif posted on 6-3-2015 at 04:15 PM
Basic info about Fall 2015 SOBB for a potential first timer?

Hi all - I've seen the dates for Fall 2015 (9/5-9/13). Where can I learn more about this great sounding buggy event? Is there a dedicated website? Fee to attend, signup, etc.? Any basic info would be great as I've not attended a buggy event before but am thinking about this being my first!

Thanks !

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 04:02 AM

We ride at Sunset Beach in Warrenton. Usually a mile or 2 to the right of the entrance. You can drive up the beach.

You can camp by donation at "Buggy camp" on Delmoor (sp?) loop. It is dry camping in Phil's back 40. Porta potty and water are available. Possiblyy the best Motel deal is City Center Motel in Seaside. 2 star but 2 shining stars. I stayed there this past trip. Some nights there may be shared meals in buggy camp. Most nights there is a fire and fun times. I personally donate to buggy camp even if I don't camp there. The event wouldn't be the same without it. The event itself is free.

It is not a large event but it is a great time and great bunch of people. Everybody will be happy to help you progress. Don't be shy and most folks will gladly let you try their kites / rides + give you pointers.

I come from a Skate / ski background also. I REALLY LOVE riding my Coyote rollerblades on the beach. As close to kiteski as you can get. If you are size 9 I have a set you can try. I have a feeling you will take too them easy. If not, I also have some short skis that are fun but ??? Old rentals so they adjust to your boot size easy. Maybe bring your ski boots?

Be sure and join us and I can promise you won't be disappointed! I usually go for the 1st weekend + whatever extra days I may get off work. Definitely plan to go the 1st weekend since Bobby will be there!

:bigok:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Windstruck

Mood: Get in my buggy!

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 04:56 AM

Bladerunner - thanks for the great information! This does look like fun. I work all over about a dozen western states (including OR) and was thinking about combining work with play in September. Like you, I was thinking of heading up for the first weekend and then working in Portland during the beginning of that next week.

I've got a PL folding buggy and was thinking I could take off the front wheel assembly, fold her up and stuff her up in a big duffle bag along with my kites and bars and take it as checked baggage on the flight. I'd likely stay in a hotel so as to not have to also travel with a tent/sleeping bag, etc (too much luggage!). but would most certainly spend time at the camp for the friendship and fun. I like your idea of financially supporting the camp whether I use it or not for the same reasons you have.

It's in my calendar! Fingers and toes crossed. :bouncing:

Born-Kites:
RaceStar+ (3.0m, 5.0m, 7.0m, 9.0m)
NasaStar-5 (2.5m, 4.0m)
NasaStar-4 (2.5m)
NasaStar-3 (3.2m)

Ozone kites:
Access (6.0m)

Flysurfer Kites:
Peak-5 (2.5m)

Buggy:
Peter Lynn BigFoot+ nose & tail; midsection VTT rail & seat kit; home-brewed AQR

NAPKA Member US2815
SWATK Member UT0003
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 06:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bladerunner  
Definitely plan to go the 1st weekend since Bobby will be there!

:bigok:

:embarrased::embarrased: You flatter me Blade! I had to think for a second about who the other Bobby was.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
sunset-Jim

Mood: always ready.... ta buggy

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 06:27 AM

I have a tent and sleeping bag available for anybody that would like to use them.

Libre hardcore (bf\'s and standards) KBSS suspension front end
Pegasus buggy

PKD Combats 2.9,3.5,4.8(proto type),5,6.8,7.2,8.6,10.3,15.4
jojo rm+ 6,7,8
jojo et 2.5m
jojo rs 2.7,3.5
Ariea Raptor 2,3
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 04:08 PM

There is a bit of distance between the beach, buggy camp and Seaside. Having your own vehicle is a big advantage? Last year Rockfighter rented one of those U-Haul vans and had transport + a kite fort all in one?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
1oldkid

Mood: I gotta get me an avatar...

[*] posted on 6-4-2015 at 04:41 PM

Great information...thanks for sharing that!

Life's too short to be anything but happy!

My stuff:
Flexifoil 1.2m Sting
HQ Symphony 2.2m
Beamer 3.6m
Pro Foil 2.5, 4.5m
JoJo 6m
Montana 7m
Flysurfer 19m Speed 2 SA

Flexi bug
Several pair of kite skis

‘There are two types of education: One should teach us how to make a living, and the other should teach us how to live.’ - John Adams

Blitzhound

Mood: I got a sickness, and the only cure is more Buggyin!

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 11:47 AM

Sounds like fun! I'm in the coos Bay Area and have been static flying foils for years. I really want to get into buggies. But never knew where to look or who to talk to. Now that I know about this event and the fact it's only a could hours drive away. You all can expect to see me. I hope to meet as many buggiers as possible and learn more about the sport. I don't have a buggy but I'll be there with my kites and my family in tow. Haha! Can't wait.

NAPKA US541
HQ: Beamer V 5.0m,
Best: Bularoo 7m, Waroo 9m, 12m
PKD: Inferno 9m, 12m, 16.5m,
Ozone: SubZero: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, Access 6m, Pure 6m, Chrono V2 7m, V4 13m, Chrono EXP 7m, 9m, R1V3 21m
Buggies: GT-Revolt, GT-RazR,
jellis

Mood: SOBB

[*] posted on 7-24-2015 at 01:59 PM

There's the best food in buggy camp ever, the fire in the afternoon goes great with refreshment, and Sunset Beach is world renowned. We are all family that helps each other and shares what ever we have. No sign up, no entry fees, just a lot of fun, so come and join the family and use some wind at the beach.

Jon Ellis US08
Blitzhound

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 07:58 PM
Buggy camp access?

Packing the truck tomorrow. Heading up early Saturday. Is buggy camp accessible without going out onto the sand? My pickup is a one ton dually and I'm not so sure about taking her out onto the sand.

NAPKA US541
Ozone: SubZero: 5m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m, Access 6m, Pure 6m, Chrono V2 7m, V4 13m, Chrono EXP 7m, 9m, R1V3 21m
Blitzhound

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 08:08 PM
nevermind

i guess i should have looked at the map that was posted before i asked. Anyway...looking forward to some good times. im super excited. i have been flying kites for years but have yet to meet anyone in person that enjoys it as much as i do...

NAPKA US541
WIllardTheGrey

Mood: Just buggy...

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 08:20 PM

Blitzhound the beach up there isn't like the beaches down here. All flat with flat approaches, when I was up there I was amazed to see so many 2wd cars/trucks/RVs! on the beach. I even watched a 57 Bel Air drive by on the wet sand. (my jaw hit the beach)

So wish I could make it again, haven't been in a few years. Life keeps getting in the way.

\"Well we are all hurtling around in 3 wheeled, tip over prone, non crash tested vehicles with no brakes that we steer with our feet. Just sayin\'.....\" --heliboy50

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio