Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Need a Wetsuit. Suggestions?
Proletariat

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 06:12 AM
Need a Wetsuit. Suggestions?

Hi. I'm kind of a wuss when it comes to cold water, but plan on getting on the water in southern Wyoming this summer. I'm guessing water temp is about 60-75 degrees or so. I'd like a decent, durable wetsuit, but don't want to spend a mint. Does anyone have any suggestions for brand, style, thickness, retailers or purchase vector?

Slingshot 8m 2014 RPM, 10m 2016 Wave SST, 12m 2016 Wave SST, 14m 2012 Rally
Slingshot Tyrant 5'8", Spleene Session 139, Kitelement (split) 136.
Faction Candide 3.0 skis
Trampa Holy Pro Skate Landboard
VTT custom buggy
AD72

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 09:27 AM

I have an O'Neill Reactor 2 (2/3) shorty I use in those temperatures. It has lasted me years. I I got mine at a surf shop but I think you can get them from Amazon. It is good to go to a business and try them on. For 50s and when I want to be toasty I wear my full 5/3 Mystic Star Steamer. I got it in 2010.
PHREERIDER

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 09:37 AM

entry level 60-75 water with air temp to match at least 3/2 full. quick silver synchro something, low buck and did the job...had one lasted 3 years in much colder with hundreds of session maybe $125,.. if its sunny and warm/ hot day you could get by with a good top.

windskin is nice but thats gonna be hot in the summer sun. would not be using that in much colder,

i use 5/3 neil pryde windskin K5000 it has been the #@%$#!z for sure around $3-400 retail but 45 water 45+ air no problem !

ton of good deals on suits online, and if you think you wear a small get the medium, etc..

i'm a no booties type but gloves are a must for me.

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
rtz

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 02:02 PM

Wetsuits by their very nature don't last forever. Your first one won't be your last one. You'll learn a lot from it and what you do or don't like in a wetsuit. I have 3; but if I was buying today; I'd grab one of these: http://www.kiteboarding.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ripcurl2012_...
Kamikuza

[*] posted on 5-31-2014 at 07:15 PM

wetsuitwearhouse.com is where I get my gear... I've had/got 4 Hyperflex suits and until the newest model, they've been excellent value for money. The 3/2 Cyclone2 seam split on my inner thigh at the start of a session, and I didn't notice until I'd rubbed a really nice gash in my leg...

Things to look for in a kiting suit, IMO...
Drain holes: ankles (and lower back).
Glued, taped and stitched seams.
Fleece... makes a big difference with windchill.

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
Proletariat

[*] posted on 8-10-2014 at 08:32 PM

Thanks for the tips, all. I ended up getting a 3/2 Jobe front entry with taped seams. Works great in 60+ water. The only thing I don't like so much is the front entry. I'm guessing it IS probably better for less water loss, but it's a bear to get over Muh Fay Belleh.

It was cheap as Hell (like $160 or so) and is really well made. Now I need some booties.

Slingshot 8m 2014 RPM, 10m 2016 Wave SST, 12m 2016 Wave SST, 14m 2012 Rally
Slingshot Tyrant 5'8", Spleene Session 139, Kitelement (split) 136.
Faction Candide 3.0 skis
Trampa Holy Pro Skate Landboard
VTT custom buggy
AliRaza08

[*] posted on 3-26-2015 at 10:29 PM

I my spouse and i made it mine in a surf store but my partner and i think You will carry them via Amazon. This can be good to search for a business IN ADDITION TO try them on. pertaining to 50s AS WELL AS i want in order to end up being toasty i wear MY full 5/3 Mystic Star Steamer. when i achieved it That inside 2010.

We are the leading the world in providing best http://test-king.com/ dumps prep solutions. Our incredible offers for and gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our Florida National University is very rare in IT world.

owlowl015

[*] posted on 3-20-2017 at 11:50 PM

I use O'Neill Reactor and is satisfied with its quality.
publix passport

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Hosting