Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Going on vacation need advise on rental of kite and equipment
Timouthy

Mood: I need to kite like I need air!

smile.gif posted on 4-25-2014 at 03:57 PM
Going on vacation need advise on rental of kite and equipment

So I'm going on cruise and we are stopping at grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel Mexico I'm a kite skier and I would say I'm above average rider but never kite surfed before and help would be great I was going to rent maybe buy my equipment there . Has any one on here kited there and used one of the rental or kiting stores there ? I also might take a lesson if I feel I need too.

3.5 hq rush pro
7.5 hq apex 3
5.0 hq apex 3
Montana vll 14 m
Best Bularoo 10 m
11 m hq apex 4
BeamerBob

[*] posted on 4-25-2014 at 05:42 PM

Taking a lesson will get you access to equipment. Try to find a place that will fast pace the lessons based on your skill base.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 4-25-2014 at 07:41 PM

Not many if any shops will rent gear to a novice. They will want an IKO or PASA lesson card or some other credentials if they will rent at all.

In Aus' I took a lesson explaining that I was really just wanting the gear. After they saw I could handle myself they left me with it for the rest of the day . A low wind day that I struggled and they didn't have many lessons that afternoon so no loss to them and I wasn't asking for another / better day for my lesson.

Your best money is on a lesson . Look at it as kite rental + insurance. You get taught some very important things during lessons like self rescue. Things you MUST know how to do before heading out on the water on your own. On lesson day you will be matched with a kite for the winds that day. One you can crash the heck out of and walk away !

P.S. Nobody I know who kite skis or buggies well and has tried kitesurf found it an easy transfer. They all, myself included thought it would be easier than it was.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Timouthy

Mood: I need to kite like I need air!

[*] posted on 4-25-2014 at 08:28 PM

Thanks for the info

3.5 hq rush pro
7.5 hq apex 3
5.0 hq apex 3
Montana vll 14 m
Best Bularoo 10 m
11 m hq apex 4

Go To Top