Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gusting 20mph in Sacramento/Davis area this morning
khooke

[*] posted on 11-23-2006 at 01:53 PM
Gusting 20mph in Sacramento/Davis area this morning

Just got back from a session this morning at Grasslands Park south of Davis. Ave wind 14 gusting 19mph. A bit much for my 4.5 Century so changed over to my trusty Skytiger 40 (3.7) and had a blast.

First time actually got some decent buggying in at this park. I checked it out a while back after someone else in this forum mentioned it, but not enough wind last time. This morning was a blast! There is a wide area by the model glider club area that is nice and smooth and then there is a hardpacked mud path/track that runs the length of the park E/W but it's along side a low fence and some small trees - I had a good laugh doing 26mph up and down the path but there is some serious dips in the mud that at that speed had me boucing out of my seat!

According to my gps I covered 19 miles while I was there this morning!
Dagon

Mood: ready to buggy

[*] posted on 12-1-2006 at 07:54 PM

Hey, I live in Davis, where is this grasslands park? email me at dagonjones@yahoo.com we can get togeather and buggy sometime, I know a few good private locations in the davis area too.

NAPKRA: US32
my bag:
Ted's Profoil 1.5m
HQ beamer 1.4m
Ozone Samurai 2.0m
JoJo RM+ 2.5m, 3m
PL Vapor 3.8m
PL Viper S 5.3m
Ozone Frenzy 05 10m
PKD Century 6.5m
Libre Hardcore
Libre V-Max
khooke

[*] posted on 12-2-2006 at 01:55 PM

It's about 5 miles south on Mace Blvd. You'll see the sign on the left when you get there. It's next to where that weather radar white dome thing is, so if you see that then you're in the right area.

Sure, I'll email you some time next time I go out. I also joined up on your Yahoo group.

Cheers, Kev
khooke

[*] posted on 1-14-2007 at 03:43 PM

Hey Dagon - got your email and I replied although haven't heard back from you yet.

I'll be at NABX for 4/6-4/8 (just the weekend) so hope to see you there. Will be good if we can meet up for some buggying before NABX?

Cheers, Kev
domdino

[*] posted on 1-31-2007 at 11:23 PM

hmm i might be going up to davis this weekend, would anyone reccomend this spot as the best place in the area?

Cheers :)

khooke

[*] posted on 2-3-2007 at 11:03 AM

I'd say it's the best I've found - it's probably the largest publicly accessible field nearby (I say publicly since if you are able to get permission from a farmer to use a field then that would obviously be very cool).

The only other areas I buggy in the area are school fields or parks, which since they are a lot smaller are ok, but not ideal.

This levee that runs 1 mile E/W is also a blast if the wind is coming from the North or South which it normally is around here - you can park your car and start buggying from here:
38°35'22.42"N 121°40'29.17"W

The best if you want to take a drive would be Ocean Beach in SF if the wind is up and the tide is low (low tide is around 6pm I think this weekend, but wind prediction doesn't look good so far), Ceasar Chavez Park at Berkeley Marina (especially the dog park area at the back), or Hamilton Field in Novato, Marin (old Air Force base). There's a few people buggy at Shoreline as well (you can find directions in the forum here).

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio