Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rumors and facts.
johnr

Mood: Hopeful for Dooley

[*] posted on 1-14-2004 at 01:38 PM
Rumors and facts.

Let me be clear here, I am not an organizer of SBBB. I am only the web geek and moderator of this forum. The following is my opinion and does not come from any of the organizers or Fran. Everything I'm about to say comes from the event registration form that can be found at
http://www.sbbb.net/regform.htm

Rumor 1: There will not be t-shirts this year.

Reality: Yes there will be t-shirts, take a look at the new registration form.

Rumor 2: There will not be races.

Reality: Take a look at the form. You will see all the events we had last year.

Rumor 3: The $50- fee is just to line the pockets of the organizers.

Reality: Check out what it costs to rent portapotties and a big tent. The organizers are taking on a large financial risk. If you don't sign up, the bills still need to get paid. Don't forget all the other expenses of keeping 150 people happy and safe in the middle of the Mojave Desert. If you have ever been involved in organizing any kind of festival, you would know that these things are not cheap. Ask Fran!

In my opinion (and believe me, I've been stuck in the middle of lots of stuff with this event), SBBB 2004 is in good hands. Unfortunately, it took a while for everybody to figure out what needed to be done and all of us are playing "catch-up". The timing of KTAI didn't help either as nobody has the time to address the rumors and make everybody feel good. Just give these guys a chance to succeed and stop spreading rumors. If we want our annual trip to paradise to continue, we need to do all we can to help it along.

John Ruggiero

John Ruggiero
Webmaster SBBB.net
OT

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 07:42 AM

Great post John, thanks to all you guys are doing!!!
bugymangp

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 10:59 AM

i need to know
i sent in my reg form already
but i want a t- shirt. should i send in other reg form with just the t shirt payment. or can i wait until i get out there to pay for my t shirt.
johnr

Mood: Hopeful for Dooley

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 01:19 PM
t-shirts

Hi Glen,

You and those who used the old registration form need to contact Claxton (I bet an email would do) and let him know. I believe he can be reached at sbbb.2004@verizon.net

John Ruggiero
Webmaster SBBB.net
bugymangp

[*] posted on 1-15-2004 at 02:00 PM

hey john
yea!!! that will work. thanks.:singing:
Collette

[*] posted on 3-7-2004 at 08:14 PM

Well John - it's been years since I last seen you and you are still lining your pockets !!!!

I sure have missed you guys - Cliff and I are thinking of coming out for the event this year just for fun.:singing:
lvtdave

Mood: Member Camp AoxomoxoA

[*] posted on 3-7-2004 at 09:56 PM

Thank you John for the rumor and fact post. John is right. He is not one of the event organizers. But let me assure you. He is doing a lot for the event. He is doing a great job of posting valuable information to the web site. Information that everyone will need to have a safe and fun trip to the desert. He is doing this as a favor to Fran and the rest of the organizers.

I on the other hand one of the event organizers. Would like to thank Fran, John and the rest of the SBBB attendees, for giving us the opportunity to step forward and keep this event going strong.

We didn't do it for the glory. Putting on an event takes time and communication between a lot of different people. Keep in mind these people live thousands of miles apart. Most if not all have jobs that take up forty hours plus a week. But we all find time to communicate, make phone calls, and plan the event.

People need to understand. It takes money to get things started. Money that comes out of pocket. And if only a handful of people show up. Event bills still must be paid. This money will now come from the pockets of the organizers.

Now we got the people that want to start rumors. Who are these people. I personally don't care. I guess these are the people without computers. Because if they had them. They could read for themselves what the price of registration includes. Even if these people didn't have a computer. You would think they could ask someone.

I guess it's easier to just say. WOW THE ORGANIZERS ARE MAKING A FORTUNE ON THE EVENT. I'll tell you all this. If anyone thinks we are making a profit. Come see me at the event. The books are open to all. We will show you exactly where your money was spent.

I want to apologies to everyone who thinks IM in the wrong for making this post. But this is the second time the organizers have heard these rumors. All we want to do is keep a good thing going. Buggy, eat some good food, meet new and old friends.

Sorry if IM out of line.

Best Regards,

Dave Kennedy
BlakeP

[*] posted on 3-7-2004 at 10:03 PM

As a member of the organizing committee, I seccond Dave's motion....
Collette...e-mail me. It's been too long!!!
mountainbreezekites@hotmail.com
MboardX

Mood: Kite ATB Rocks!

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 04:39 AM

even if the organizers were making a profit, what would be the crime in profiting from creating a great service and event like the sbbb? the majority of sport events are run for profit and cost a hell of a lot more than 50 bucks. profit equals success... no problem here!
Collette

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 05:20 AM

I have looked at the list of organizers and I think if there were money left over those people would just roll any profit into making the next SBBB even better.

That said - anyone who thinks the amount of people registered X $50 is going to give the event a HUGE profit have probably never put on an event.

:lol:
Lack-O-Slack

Mood: Domestically blissful...

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 11:27 AM
Is that COLLETTE???? Where's Cliffie?

Woo-hoo, Cliffie and Collette are coming!

Hey, Collette, drop us a line, long time no hear. Really look forward to seeing y'all on the playa!

Mike \"Lack-O-Slack\" Dooley
\"Nothing is foolproof, to a sufficiently talented fool!\"
BuggyOKStyle

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 12:13 PM

What?????:frog:

Where\'s the motor????
Collette

[*] posted on 3-8-2004 at 01:41 PM

Hey Slacker !!!!

i can't wait - it's looking like it's gonna be a go!

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio