Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another week has gone by with no update?
jeepersjoey

Mood: Vapor Trails...

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 06:49 PM
Another week has gone by with no update?

"this week"

"last week in February"

"trust us"

"By this weekend"

Peter Lynn - Resurrected Vapors (thanks to Tenacious Tape): 3.2, 3.8, 4.5, 5.4m. Size 2.3m (dead) - all internal bellows shredded
Pansh - Cerberus - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.5, 9m. (red)
Peter Lynn - Viper - 2.6m
Flexifoil - Rage - Rasta 1.8, 2.5 (dead), 3.5 (dead), 4.7 (v2). New backup of 2.5m and 3.5m.
Ozone - Method 6.5m (w/ Ozone Turbo Bar)
Libre - Bora - Yellow 3.0 & 4.5 (both on their last breath of life)
Peter Lynn - C-Quad - 6.3
HQ - NPW9: 3.4 & 5.3. NPW5: 1.0

Buggies (Kite and Land)
#1 Buggy: Libre Full-Race
#2 Buggy: Peter Lynn Suspension buggy
#3 Sailer: Homemade Land Sailer
#4 Buggy: Windspeed Pro Ivanpah Buggy named Bruce (because he weighs 130 lbs!!)

Paul's Photo Album

Paul's Videos
MDK

[*] posted on 4-3-2013 at 10:28 PM

Call Elaine at BLM @ (760) 326-7000 and get a free permit. I think a bunch of other people will be there the first week of April ;-) everything else is a mystery and will probably remain that way. see ya there!

http://www.facebook.com/mike.kenley
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdkenley1
Peter Lynn Viper S 2.6, 3.9, 5.3, 6.8 For Sale
PKD Buster Soulfly 2.2, 3.3
PKD Buster Soulfly Pro 3.3
PKD Century II 2.8, 3.5, 4.5, 6.7, 10.0
PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
deanaoxo

Mood: seeking aoxo~

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 03:35 AM

We sincerely apologize for the delay. Please check back today, and see what we have been up to.

You are free to do what ever you like of course, but there is no doubt about our meeting.

BTW, i'm just curious, did you register with the club?

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepersjoey
"this week"

"last week in February"

"trust us"

"By this weekend"
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 03:41 AM

Yes, because the people that brought you that other event are evil and just don't care. They probably are at home sipping martini's and kicking the sand off their toes.

I will admit, the weather has been nice.

I know some of you that don't support us are extremely curious, and that's natural, but we hope our family will realize we're in this for the long haul.

Might we disappoint?

We are still human, we still make mistakes, and we still love to fly kites and buggy.

We also love our people, and wouldn't do anything in the world to mistreat them.

YMMV

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK
everything else is a mystery and will probably remain that way. see ya there!
jeepersjoey

Mood: Vapor Trails...

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 06:48 AM

Yes. I registered. I was one of the 56 that dutifully paid to offset the cost of pee-pots, twinkies and tent to smoke the Hookah.

My concern is that I am going to easily drop $2000 on this trip. When the cruise ship shows signs that it can barely stay afloat, bathrooms are going to be difficult to find, the midnight buffet has been cancelled and the staff has been known to stare at the sun too long...do you really feel at ease that it will be above water at the dock when you start the journey?

It reminds me of the "Party Barge" I saw when I went on my cruise. They oversold the boat because people were paying so why not. It was so full of people that the majority of the deck was under water when they left. No kidding, water was actually running over the front of the boat, down the aisle and off the back. On the way back, people were so fed-up that all the drinks were gone that they jumped into the water and made a human monkey chain off the back of the boat.

I bet they will never take that cruise again.

Peter Lynn - Resurrected Vapors (thanks to Tenacious Tape): 3.2, 3.8, 4.5, 5.4m. Size 2.3m (dead) - all internal bellows shredded
Pansh - Cerberus - 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.5, 9m. (red)
Peter Lynn - Viper - 2.6m
Flexifoil - Rage - Rasta 1.8, 2.5 (dead), 3.5 (dead), 4.7 (v2). New backup of 2.5m and 3.5m.
Ozone - Method 6.5m (w/ Ozone Turbo Bar)
Libre - Bora - Yellow 3.0 & 4.5 (both on their last breath of life)
Peter Lynn - C-Quad - 6.3
HQ - NPW9: 3.4 & 5.3. NPW5: 1.0

Buggies (Kite and Land)
#1 Buggy: Libre Full-Race
#2 Buggy: Peter Lynn Suspension buggy
#3 Sailer: Homemade Land Sailer
#4 Buggy: Windspeed Pro Ivanpah Buggy named Bruce (because he weighs 130 lbs!!)

Paul's Photo Album

Paul's Videos
nudge

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 07:19 AM

SITE IS LIVE! www.buggyblast.net

greasehopper

Mood: surfin' wit de' A-wee-ums

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 07:43 AM

Here's an update for ya.
http://www.buggyblast.net

Ken Shaw
Riding the wild sastrugi of the Sonoran Desert
Flexifoil : Blurr 3.5m, 5m
HQ : Beamer IV 5m : Montana V 9.5m : Crossfire II 3m
Ozone : Haka 5m : Cult 2.5m : Flow 2m : Imp 1.5m
Peter Lynn : Core 6.7m, 5.1m, 4m, 3m
Revolution : Speed series Blast : 1.5 SLE
greasehopper

Mood: surfin' wit de' A-wee-ums

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Yes. I registered. I was one of the 56 that dutifully paid to offset the cost of pee-pots, twinkies and tent to smoke the Hookah.

My concern is that I am going to easily drop $2000 on this trip. When the cruise ship shows signs that it can barely stay afloat, bathrooms are going to be difficult to find, the midnight buffet has been cancelled and the staff has been known to stare at the sun too long...do you really feel at ease that it will be above water at the dock when you start the journey?

It reminds me of the "Party Barge" I saw when I went on my cruise. They oversold the boat because people were paying so why not. It was so full of people that the majority of the deck was under water when they left. No kidding, water was actually running over the front of the boat, down the aisle and off the back. On the way back, people were so fed-up that all the drinks were gone that they jumped into the water and made a human monkey chain off the back of the boat.

Really ? You honestly think THAT is the draw ? Wow. I'm going to Ivanpah to hang out with some of the greatest folks I've ever met and ride the dragon's tail with them as the opportunity presents itself. Never real felt the need to be entertained. Besides, it's a DRY LAKE, if it sinks, we can walk to shore... Let's go play !

Ken Shaw
Riding the wild sastrugi of the Sonoran Desert
Flexifoil : Blurr 3.5m, 5m
HQ : Beamer IV 5m : Montana V 9.5m : Crossfire II 3m
Ozone : Haka 5m : Cult 2.5m : Flow 2m : Imp 1.5m
Peter Lynn : Core 6.7m, 5.1m, 4m, 3m
Revolution : Speed series Blast : 1.5 SLE
awindofchange
Posting Freak

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 08:58 AM

I think that his concern is that he is dropping $2000.00 to come and just wants to make sure that when he does so, that his money will be well spent. I don't think he has any doubt of hanging with some of the greatest folks / riding the dragon's tail / buggying etc... Just wants to make sure it will actually happen before the cash is gone - hence the reference to the barge incidence. He, like everyone else, wants to have an enjoyable time for the money spent, not having a miserable time and regretting it.

Until today, there was many questions on if the event/gathering would even take place. After viewing the new web site, it looks like it will take place but will obviously be much different than what most are accustomed to. No food (other than bring your own), no tent, no raffles, no drawings, no racing, no organization or planned activities, no out-n-back challenges and the need to borrow a toilet from others who hopefully (and most are willing) will share (unless you bring your own). There will however be fun and communities on the playa, and if we get good winds - some of the best buggying / sailing you will ever have.

Can't blame someone who is skeptical for asking for clarity - especially in today's economy when jobs/money/vacation time are so hard to come by.

I will be there to support whatever this club/non-event/gathering turns out to be - but then again, I have the luxury of doing this very thing nearly every weekend. I hope that whoever does decide to come has an excellent time and the winds give us all their blessings. :)

MDK

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by deanaoxo
Yes, because the people that brought you that other event are evil and just don't care. They probably are at home sipping martini's and kicking the sand off their toes.

I will admit, the weather has been nice.

I know some of you that don't support us are extremely curious, and that's natural, but we hope our family will realize we're in this for the long haul.

Might we disappoint?

We are still human, we still make mistakes, and we still love to fly kites and buggy.

We also love our people, and wouldn't do anything in the world to mistreat them.

YMMV

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK

? dean, the reason I said that is because of what you told me about it being difficult to announce anything with your issues with BLM, nothing more, I think you read to much into my statement. I genuinely hope everything works out for you and the "club get-together" in Primm :) It looks like you have some info or a website for the club?, I will take a look, thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/mike.kenley
http://www.youtube.com/user/mdkenley1
Peter Lynn Viper S 2.6, 3.9, 5.3, 6.8 For Sale
PKD Buster Soulfly 2.2, 3.3
PKD Buster Soulfly Pro 3.3
PKD Century II 2.8, 3.5, 4.5, 6.7, 10.0
PKD Combat 3.5
PTW Playa Buggy For Sale
S277 Standart Landyacht
NAPKA Pilot US89
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
sorry, a little touchy right now. my bad.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by MDK

? dean, the reason I said that is because of what you told me about it being difficult to announce anything with your issues with BLM, nothing more, I think you read to much into my statement. I genuinely hope everything works out for you and the "club get-together" in Primm :) It looks like you have some info or a website for the club?, I will take a look, thanks!
deanaoxo

[*] posted on 5-3-2013 at 09:52 AM

All i can say is, you are entitled to your opinion. There are no facts to suggest that what you say is either the intent, history, or future of this org.

Thank you for registering with our club, we will have something nice for you.

I hope you stop by to see what it is.

Quote:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio