Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BoardridingMaui CLOUD 13m
Blake

Mood: wonderfully retired

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 08:20 AM
BoardridingMaui CLOUD 13m

Hi guys

Just finished my first session with my 13m Cloud on the snow.....a wonderful experience!
Wind was less than 10knts for most of the day, snow was really fresh and deep for Southern Ontario due to the recent storm.....

Elmhirst's Resort on Rice Lake was the location, a few guys and one lady out kiting today.
Sunshine was fantastic, and it was a balmy -5c......

The Cloud performed flawlessly in all respects, light on the bar which I like, short depower stroke, more like on/off in about 6" of bar travel. Turns are unreal, very responsive but not twitchy at all.
Nose down relaunch was no problem, just rolled over and waited for my next bar input. Hot-launch from trailing edge down was very controllable, no issues at all. Felt verymuch like my OR Rises, but much livlier on the end of the lines if that makes sense to you?

I'm really looking forward to trying it on the water this spring!

Check them out at Boardridingmaui.com

All in all a great kite, and Greg should be very proud of the design.

Kiting%20at%20Elmhirst%27s%20062[1].JPG - 35kB
bourgeois.jason

[*] posted on 2-11-2013 at 09:25 AM

Never heard of the kite, but I'm glad you had a great time. It is always fun to try gear for the first time. There is an added mental element that helps bring you to euphoria when using new gear.
tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 2-24-2013 at 12:30 AM

I've been to the their site and watched the vids.........how do you think they will fare once the wind picks up.................

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
Blake

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 12:05 PM

Tridude

First things first....the CLOUDS were developed in MAUI, a very windy place, where the average kite size used for most folks is a 6m!

Take another look at the BRM site and look at the `Toast` video, that should answer your question.....

I will be in Hatteras next month with my quiver of CLOUDS, you are more than welcome to try them out....

Regards,
Blake
bigkid

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 12:56 PM

Blake, does this mean you have put away the Pansh kites?

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
Blake

[*] posted on 11-12-2013 at 07:52 AM
CLOUDS

Hi guys!

Just thought I would update you on my experiences with my BOARD RIDING MAUI CLOUD KITES.

I didn't get out much this summer but when I did, it seemed that I used my 17m CLOUD just about every time...LOL!
The big CLOUD and my Big Woodie board made it possible for me to kite in 8knts of light summer wind. Now I wasn't just drifting downwind in 8knts, I was ripping upwind and doing small jumps.....I was very impressed, so were all the guys standing on the beach watching me!

One time I showed up to the beach and there must have been 15 guys standing there "waiting for the wind", now it had been windy all day where I work, so I didn't bring the big stuff with me so all I had was my 13m CLOUD and my Mako King.
After standing around talking to the guys (no one was kiting)I decided to pump up and see what I could do with what little wind there was there. I proceeded to have a great session and was well powered and able to do some decent jumps and ride in any direction that I wanted to.....meaning upwind! Riding up wind is kind of my "thing" and I always try to be the guy the highest upwind of the pack. This session was no exception. The CLOUDS just make it so easy to be that guy way upwind.....

Looking forward to getting them out on the snow again this winter at Elmhirst's on Rice Lake.

I love the CLOUDS and what they give me= more sessions per season.....that and the fact that the support that you get from the company, Board riding Maui, is nothing short of fantastic!

Kite safe
Blake

PS. Jeff, no I still have some Pansh stuff in the kite closet....LOL!

soliver

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 10-15-2016 at 09:19 PM

SPAM

I'm going to take a nap now

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio