Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Switch Land Board
rtz

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 05:07 PM
New Switch Land Board

I was surprised the price wasn't lower. What do you think of the price for what it is?

http://us6.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b3bb9953082bb03155433547...
flyjump

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 05:20 PM

seems like landboards get more and more expensive depending on the materials used to make them. I get my trampa stuff for extremely cheap and some of it is even free. I still think that landboards are extremely expensive for just being a landboard. I guess the cost of the higher end materials like carbon fiber and other glass woven materials is very expensive. So I guess this board is par for the course?

If it was a wooden board I would think that it is way over priced, but if its made of high end materials then I guess it would be somewhere in that ball park.

WELDNGOD

Mood: Dyin' to go flyin'

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 05:29 PM

You get what you pay for... Looks like a MBS/Trampa hybrid. My Scrub Quasar cost over $400 a few years back. And I spent nearly $700 on my TRAMPA. But it is made to order,so you expect that to cost a little extra.
It looks like a nice board . I never heard of the Co. though.

WELDNGOD on VIMEO
https://vimeo.com/user2580342

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Century II 2.2/2.8/3.5/4.5 /10.0
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster Soulfly 1.5 / 2.2 (KIA)/ 3.3 (lost at sea)
Buster Soulfly PRO 3.3 / 4.4
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
17 ply Custom TRAMPA w/ verTIGo trucks
2 homebrew buggies,2 homebrew KYTBYKS,1 homebrew tandem trailer
GOPRO 3 WHITE, 3+ BLACK, HERO5 BLACK
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

RIDER for KOKOPELLI KITER

indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 09:49 PM

Switch is the same company that builds kites.

That's a heck of a price range ($380-$550) with a jump of 43% dependent on location/exchange rates. The lower end is a pretty decent price for channel trucks, ratchet bindings, and construction and materials that sound a lot like MBS PowerLam decks.

Cap construction is a bit down from RCC (reverse cap construction), but not a big deal unless you are doing board slides.

It does look like they are sourcing parts and putting together a board, rather that building one themselves or having one built to their specifications (although the latter is a bit of a fine distinction).

For what it's worth, prices for landboards skyrocketed unilaterally between 2010-2011.

GI leaving the stage thinned the herd and probably made matters worse in terms of competitive pricing.

Landboards can be every bit as technical as mountain boards, but their pricing only remains competitive due to the fact that their is a boatload of competition from both mainstream companies and artisan builders.

It's all relative, as shipping costs have also skyrocketed and some of that has to be absorbed by the final cost to the consumer.

For reference, a Jens Anso Solo sold $1975.00

All kinds of sexy, but that's a whole lot of vittles for the wee furry ones.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
rtz

[*] posted on 11-20-2012 at 11:17 PM

It's out now and looks like the price is $410:

http://switchkites.com/warehouse_hk/product_info.php?cPath=2...
rtz

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 06:24 PM

Pretty good price drop if anyone ever wants to try it out:

http://switchkites.com/warehouse_hk/product_info.php?cPath=2...
hellnferno

Mood: LET GET STARTED!

[*] posted on 5-22-2013 at 11:34 PM

Any idea if trampa board would fit mbs pro matrix? Have anybody tried that? I was thinking of upgrading my comp 95 for a few parts.

Kite: 3m HQ Beamer IV

Ride: core 95 MBS
lives2fly

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 06:56 AM

$410 seems like a reasonable price to me. Thats about £270 though its likely to cost a bit more from a UK store.

Nice looking board. 6.5kg though, which is a lot for a 90cm board when you consider that a pro 90 is 5.2kg.

15m Naish Fly,12m & 7.5m Naish Cults, 10m & 12m Naish Parks, 9m Naish Bolt, 6m & 14m Naish X3's, 13m PL Venom, 10m & 6m Ozone Access,
1.5m flexi Buzz, 3.5m Flexifoil Bullet, 4.7m flexi Rage, 5.6m PL Twister II, 6.6m flexi Blade, 8.0m HQ Toxic
Flexdeck Landboard, Nobile Flying Carpet 160, Airush Switch 142, Slingshot Misfit 136, Naish Monarch 134, North Whip 5'8", Fischer Skis, Palmer & Drake Snowboards.
indigo_wolf

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 07:59 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hellnferno  
Any idea if trampa board would fit mbs pro matrix? Have anybody tried that? I was thinking of upgrading my comp 95 for a few parts.

I believe that Trampas use the same hole pattern for their trucks as MBS with the exception of the Holey Pro (cut down tip). You can confirm with Ted before placing an order. Worse comes to worse, you can order an bare deck drilled for bindings but left undrilled for truck and then drill them for your truck of choice when they arrive.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
hellnferno

Mood: LET GET STARTED!

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 09:56 PM

Yeah, I am trying to get one board for downhill and one for kiteboarding so i wont have to adjust/switch parts every time I switch sport. Still not sure which board to get.. I am worried about shipping cost from UK for Trampa/Scurub. I might not find USA website that sell those yet..

Kite: 3m HQ Beamer IV

Ride: core 95 MBS
indigo_wolf

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 10:36 PM

www.Dakitez.com and www.coastalwindsports.com can help you with Scrub.

www.eastcoastkitesports.com can help you with Trampa.

ATB,
Sam

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio