Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Snowkiting in SE Wyoming?
rooty_86

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 07:00 AM
Snowkiting in SE Wyoming?

Hi all,

I am new to the power kiting scene and the PKF. I have been reading lots of posts here and getting lots of good information, it's a great source. Seeing how I can't seem to find anything about Wyoming, I thought that I would ask. I have recently moved to the SE corner of Wyoming and noticed two things that are not lacking here, snow and wind. So I bought a kite of the PKF (thanks Kober!) and have been static flying it on the lower wind days to get a feel for it. That alone is tons of fun. We got our first snow this past weekend and winter is coming. It won't be too long until I dust of my skis.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of good places to snowkite around here. There is a ton of open prairie, but last winter (albeit not a good snow year) all of the snow was blown off shortly after falling. I have seen a few places in the mountains that look pretty wide open and seem to keep snow better than out in the flats. Is there anyone in the area who might have some good suggestions?
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 05:47 PM

You may want to ask around at http://montanakitesports.com/ It isn't exactly your area but the closest organized bunch I know of.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
bobalooie57

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 05:52 PM

There's Jackson Hole Kiters, but they are way across the state in west central Wyoming.

Team MEAN GREEN

Bob Lussier

OUTLAW KITER
1.4M Beamer III, 2M Beamer IV,2M Toxic HQ , 7.5MApex III, HQ, Quadrifoil XXXL (9.66M), NPW5 2.4,4.8m, NPW9 3.4M(HQ),NPW9 7M (RASTA\'S FURY), NPW9 7.6M (BIG SISTAH),NPW9 12MGREENMONSTER(km4), P L Comp ST buggy,PL Bigfoot+ buggy, Atomic Alibi Snowboard, Protec Knee/Elbow Pads & Helmet, Seirus wristguards, Demon crash shorts, LaCross chest/shoulder pads. (tryin\' to be safe!)
rooty_86

[*] posted on 10-18-2012 at 01:34 PM

Thanks for the info, I will have to check them out. They are both pretty far from me though. I could have sworn that I saw some posts here from some people in northern Colorado.
g-force junkie

[*] posted on 10-18-2012 at 04:38 PM

A couple hours to the southwest at Dillon Co. there is a very active group of snowkiters, lots of choices there from mild to wild and super good people.
stetson05

Mood: wanted: wind please

[*] posted on 10-18-2012 at 08:51 PM

There is a guy called Drewculous on here that is from Scottsbluff Nebraska. He might be pretty close also. I haven't heard much from him on the subject of snow kiting but he might know of some spots.

US40
HQ 1.4m which my 8 and 10 year old fly
Pansh Flux 2m, Legend 3m,
HQ Hydra 300 PZ depower, Neo 8m, 11m
Flysurfer S3 Deluxe 19m, S2 15m
Flexboardz Haize
Radbuggy
SIMS snowboard
Crazy Fly 145

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio