Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Southern Mn Kiters
MNKiteFan

[*] posted on 8-10-2012 at 08:18 PM
Southern Mn Kiters

Newbie looking for people in and around Southern Mn to get together and have fun!
I live about 10 miles north of Iowa in MN.

Quiver:
HQ Symphony 2.1m
PL Twister IIR 5.6m
REV 1.5 SLE
joeblinky

[*] posted on 9-8-2012 at 10:39 PM

I am living in Ames, Iowa only a couple hours away. I have found a couple good fields there but I am always fighting gusty winds in Iowa. Have you found any good spots up there?
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
pongnut

Mood: Land and snow figured out... water?

[*] posted on 9-9-2012 at 08:01 AM

How far east of SD? What kind of playground(s) do you fly? Sounds like fun!:roll:

2m Radsails Pro (from crazyherb), 2.1m Symphony Beach II (from Amazon), 3m HQ Beamer IV (from K-Bid), 4m Pansh Flux (from garydog), 4.7m Flexifoil Rage (from mougl), 5.6m PL Twister IIR (from Big Mike), 6m Flysurfer Peak 1 (from Flysurfer USA), 11m HQ Neo II (from kiteplace), 19m PL Venom II (from Smeagol), MBS Core 95 ATB (from Overstock.com), couple of ROSSIGNOL snowboards w/ SIS "click" bindings
evanparkhouse

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 09:05 PM

I have recently moved into the Sioux Falls area and am trying to find other kiters and new locations to try. I dont have a land board but still like to get out and practice, work out pre-winter excitment.
pongnut

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 09:07 PM

Welcome to the most righteous forum in the solar system! There isn't a kite question these guys can't answer - they are an infinite resource for instruction, tips, advice, technique, etc.

I've been kiting in SF for about a year and a half and only know of 3 other guys in the area that power kite. 2 from the forum here, and a guy who does mostly kiteboarding on Lake Ocoboji in Iowa. Not sure how far east MNKiteFan is from us.

One of my goals when I started was to explore the 10 to 15 mile radius around SF for good fields to fly at (static & atb) but never got around to it. About the only place I ever fly at is this little 3 acre field at 43.511726,-96.839467. The grass is a little high and it's got a few wheel-grabbers (gopher holes), but it's better than nothing and works fine for static and short atb runs.

2m Radsails Pro (from crazyherb), 2.1m Symphony Beach II (from Amazon), 3m HQ Beamer IV (from K-Bid), 4m Pansh Flux (from garydog), 4.7m Flexifoil Rage (from mougl), 5.6m PL Twister IIR (from Big Mike), 6m Flysurfer Peak 1 (from Flysurfer USA), 11m HQ Neo II (from kiteplace), 19m PL Venom II (from Smeagol), MBS Core 95 ATB (from Overstock.com), couple of ROSSIGNOL snowboards w/ SIS "click" bindings
evanparkhouse

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 07:07 PM

Great goal! I have drove around a few times, mostly the south west area, found something similar... gopher holes and mowed thistle. Do you board or ski in the winter too? anyway send me an e-mail if you ever head out flying! parkhousee@gmail
rudeboysaude

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 11-6-2012 at 08:27 PM

Evanparkhouse.. I'll kite with you, on Mille Lacs in Jan and Feb. I will not be at Ice Fest though because.my doctor told me I'd die if I go there again. Liver can't handle it!

Peter Lynn Snowkite Team
pongnut

[*] posted on 11-7-2012 at 08:02 AM

I did pick up a snowboard last winter with the intent to give it a go, but just like when you get a new kite and are cursed with no wind, I was a victim of the new snowboard curse and got no snow!:no:

I'll try to ping you before I fly next time.:thumbup:

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio