Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Travel boards
burnetb1

[*] posted on 14-2-2012 at 02:52 PM
Travel boards

My mothers boyfriend has been making his own kiteboards for several years now and this is his latest model. His boards are designed to break in half to be easily stored in regular suitcase for cheaper air travel expenses. I have not personally ridden this current prototype, but I have his older models and they rode great. Tell me what you think and if your interested in one I can possibly have that arranged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIk2BF-XbHU

In a mad world, only the crazy are sane.
Flyfish

[*] posted on 14-2-2012 at 06:09 PM

Dude! I love it! I took a board and mounted three fiberglass braces, then took them back off and cut the board in half. I thought I was onto something, but then realized I didn't take the skill saw blade width into account! I mounted the braces back on and was left with a 1/8 inch gap between the two pieces. Being the optimist, I rode it only to find water shooting up the gap. Way too much drag. I haven't tried again since, because I haven't had a board I'm willing hack! But I love to see someone else at it too.
burnetb1

[*] posted on 16-2-2012 at 02:46 PM

Yeah, we had similar problems with the first model. That's when he was using wood cores...they have come a long way since then.

Flyfish

[*] posted on 17-2-2012 at 08:29 AM

How much does your friend charge for his boards?
burnetb1

[*] posted on 17-2-2012 at 08:22 PM

I have no idea, I'm not even sure if he has technically sold one. Hes given a couple away to family, but Ill ask him and get back to you. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but he might make you a board if your interested. I haven't run any of this by him yet, I just liked his video and thought you guys would find it interesting as well.

Flyfish

[*] posted on 17-2-2012 at 08:46 PM

Let me know
My email is boxer465 at yahoo.com

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio