Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: no kiting at formby beach
shadowhound

[*] posted on 7-17-2011 at 02:58 PM
no kiting at formby beach

i go metal detecting there alot but i was reading the sign and for some strange reason you can't go kiting even though theres miles of sand beach and hardly anyone goes there so im confused could someone shed some light on the situation ?
indigo_wolf

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 7-17-2011 at 04:15 PM

Formby Beach is part of the UK National Trust. What you said only seems to be partially true.

Kite or model flying
There is space for kite-flying on the beach away from main public areas, no power-kites please.

Kite surfing
There are facilities for both wet and dry power kiting at Ainsdale, although you will need a permit. Please visit the Sefton Metropolitan Borough Council's website, the British Kite Surfing Association or the Sefton Coast Website for more details.

Info gathered from the Formby - Things To Do page on the UK National Trust website.

Generally, restrictions on kites/tractions have to do with past incidents, concerns about erosion land/dune damage, concerns abouts pedestrian/beach goer safety or conservation (flora/fauna) concerns.

If you want to know the details, I would contact someone at the National Trust to find out the details:

Address:
The National Trust
PO Box 39
Warrington WA5 7WD

Tel: 0844 800 1895
Fax: 0844 800 4642
Email: enquiries@nationaltrust.org.uk
Minicom: 0844 800 4410

If you are a member of the British Power Kitesports Association, one of the members might be able to tell you about any history related to the site.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
shadowhound

[*] posted on 7-18-2011 at 02:00 PM

thanks for that :) i knew u needed permission on some beaches i have permission to MD on all beaches but kiting is a completly diffrent kettle of fish
erratic winds

Mood: ATGATT! Armor up!

[*] posted on 10-15-2011 at 12:34 AM

Spammer reported!

Tide? What's a tide? Man, it's 1000 miles to any ocean.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio