Author: Subject: Rollerkiting
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 16-2-2003 at 07:10 AM
Rollerkiting

Copied from old forum:

February 19 2001 by Frenchie  

Hi!, I'm an experienced rollerskater but a newcomer in the kite world, I'm really interrested in rollerkiting, I own a pair of rollerblade coyote (off-road model featuring 6 inch inflatable tires) any advice before I rush to the flying field to try?

doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 16-2-2003 at 07:11 AM

Copied from old forum:

February 20 2001 by doomwheels

Of course it is a good idea to spend time learning to fly well first. Becoming familiar with the kite is important so that you may comfortably turn your attention to the many other situations that occur while you are skating.
Once you are rolling, fly the kite out to the edge of the wind window and concentrate on skating a line slightly upwind from the kite’s position (10-20 degrees) thus increasing the power of the kite and your forward speed. If you start slowing and becoming overpowered, turn slightly toward the kite. Focus on how much is enough and how much is too much.
Otherwise, I suggest wearing good safety gear (pads), locating a good open field free of obstacles and wind blocks, and be careful of high speed or bumpy terrain while using skates with small wheels (less than 10 inch diameter), they are easily tripped up by small surface dents.

One more tip for beginners:
When they kite first launches, it climbs through the most powerful part of the wind window. When launching in high winds, it is best for beginners to either have a friend launch the kite or sit while launching to avoid being overpowered.

Have fun!
BC

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio