Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: guerilla II 13m
43patrick

[*] posted on 11-14-2010 at 05:59 PM
guerilla II 13m

I just got (last week) a 13m guerilla II from a friend who no longer kites. The reviews of this kite are awesome. It is supposed to be good in the gusts. I have now flown the kite twice and did not find that to be the case. I thought it turned slow, did not depower that well and is hard to jump. Once in the air I sometimes wondered if I could ever get back down. Needless to say I have mostly flown sle bow kites. So unless someone has some tips on how you to set this kite up for faster turning and more importantly, much more depower It will be for sale. I just don't know what it is worth. So any thoughts? Thanks.
krumly

[*] posted on 11-14-2010 at 10:41 PM

Maybe someone like Kent from A Wind of Change will have more experience with GII's. I only have 9m, but I have heard in general they favor the higher wind range for any size. They don't have any way built in to lengthern the rear spanwise strap or take in the front spanwise strap to help them in lighter winds. One trick, which I haven't tried, is to put a small chunk of 1/2" or 3/4" dowel up through the center cell and cinch the front strap around it with a bit of string or a zip-tie. Kent recommended this to flatten the kite a for better low end.

That said, if you don't use a bar with a good 15" of bar throw and maybe 10" of trim adjustment, you'll find it really hard to let the lower it's angle of attack enough to really depower. Even on my 9m, I have knots tied above the front leaders 4" and 8" closer to the kite so I have ground adjustable means to depower the kite further than the stock knot - you need to be able to have those rear lines go slack when you let the kite run. A long bar helps too, to emphasize turning inputs. Bigkahuna, who know longer posts here, didn't have much good to say about the GII in the 17 m size - said it was slow turning pig.

I also have [older] LEI bows, but still like Arcs for autostability, autozenith, and gust munching ability. When you feel the gust on the Crossbows, you have to react - it'll react quickly, but you have to correct. if you blow the bar out too far, they luff an die. The older Arcs sort of take care of themselves, even if they don't depower quite as far.

krumly

Flying:
1.5 m Ozone LD Stunt
2.2, 3.2, 4.2 m C-Quads
2, 3, 4, 5.5, 7.5m PKD Broozas
9m PL GII, w/ adjustable rear strap mod
Dual mode mod PL GI 13, HArc 6, FArc 12
Cab 5m Convert, 7&9m Xbow, 12m SB
Lots of stunt kites and a Rev Supersonic

Riding:
Libre Special buggy, PL Comp buggy
Line skiboards, & Lib-Tech Park & Pipes
Cabrinha Prodigy kiteboard
Bladerunner

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 05:44 PM

Yes the Guerilla is slow.
Please don't judge all arcs on that kite. I was done with arcs when I got my Guerillas but then I tried the newer ones with the VP 2 and 3. MUCH improved. Enough that I am happiest with my arcs these days.

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Feyd

[*] posted on 11-16-2010 at 07:59 PM

What bar set up are you using? You can't just throw whatever you use on it and go, there are specific dimensions for leader length etc.

Check this link out. Very good info on the kite you have.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mx5alan/arcs/ARCsetup_FAQ.htm

I've only flown one Guerilla and it flew very much like a Venom 1. No those series kites will not turn like an LEI but they do turn prety well if you have everything right.

Chargers = LEI like turning. Otherwise the mid evolutionary models turn on par with the majority of the foils out there. At least the Flysurfers,Ozones,HQs,Flexifoils and Slingshot foils that I've been flying next to.

Are you considering dumping it? If so how much?

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
43patrick

[*] posted on 11-16-2010 at 08:10 PM

I would sell it for 300 with the bar and lines. Which I think it the peter lynn zero/45 bar that came with the kite originally. I think that I could live with the slow turning if it had more depower. Is it is I find it pretty scary to go for it on this kite, incomparison to my LEI's. I thought that it would be a good alternative to LEIs for land and snow but after flying it twice. I started putting up my other kites. So if any one is interested Is $300 with bar and lines, $200 without seem reasonable?

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio