Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New review of an older kite-Flysurfer speed 17 sa 1.5
borntofli

Mood: Can\'t get enough kiting

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 05:55 PM
New review of an older kite-Flysurfer speed 17 sa 1.5

It arrived yesterday, such a small box for such a big kite...

10 mph winds today so off to the beach I go... Unroll it and setup for a side launch... Shake the spaghetti known as bridals, walk the lines..... Looks intimidating laying there on top of the kite, but it all straightens out rather easily....Make sure I close the zipper...

Hook into the bar, look at the porta potties and guard poles... Hope im not going there..................

Start tightening up the downwind line, tug on it a bit to get it to rise and hopefully catch some air...I didn't prefill at all, there's so many intake vents figured it should fill if I could coax it up a bit....

It started to fill, kept walking backwards and it stood up higher and higher.. There it goes, kind of like a crippled bird but up it went... Damm that's a big kite, so long and skinny..

The tips finally filled out and looked like a big albatross gliding away... Played around with it carefully wondering if I was going to visit the porta potties....

A few faster swoops left and right, a steady ever increasing pull.. A quick move to the top and your weightless.......

I can see it will be a while before my board skills are good enough for this kite.... There will be no quick sineing to keep going... Seems like a dive and park and off into the wild blue yonder.....

After a half hour of scudding and lifting off the beach time to land..Hmmmmmmmmmm

I dont really want to pull the safety and watch it tangle to the ground.... I bounce my way over to a couple who have been watching me and ask if they would be willing to catch my kite...
The wife hops right up and says sure, what do I do?? \

I explain what I want her to do and she stands on the beach waiting for me to bring the kite to her.....

I flawlessly fly it right to her, she grabs the kite i quickly move forwards and its dead on the beach.... She is amazed how light it is....

Open the zip...zips ( I had left one zipper open) I didnt see the second one... Maybe a good thing, If closed it I may have visited the porta potties...........

As I'm packing up a couple young girls come over and ask me where they can rent one, that it looks like fun..............

As soon as my board skills progress, i'm going to be cruising the flat waters of the gulf, all alone..........................

Smiling all the way !!! :tumble:
:tumble:

Ocean Rodeo Rise 12
Ozone C4 10
Slingshot Octane 7
Flysurfer speed 2 15 SA

Rollersurfer (for sale)
6\'2\" Slingshot SST
Slingshot fuse
Brokite 134 freeride
Ocean Rodeo mako 140

wannabekiter

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 07:00 PM

sounds awesome! Good thing you didn't take out a porta potty :tumble:

• Pansh Ace-5m
  • GI Flight 93
  • \'07 Monkey Griffin-15m
stetson05

Mood: wanted: wind please

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 07:36 PM

:flaming: I didn't realize you got a SA 17m 1.5 I am quite jealous.

US40
HQ 1.4m which my 8 and 10 year old fly
Pansh Flux 2m, Legend 3m,
HQ Hydra 300 PZ depower, Neo 8m, 11m
Flysurfer S3 Deluxe 19m, S2 15m
Flexboardz Haize
Radbuggy
SIMS snowboard
Crazy Fly 145
stetson05

Mood: wanted: wind please

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 07:43 PM

My S1.5 17m (ordinarily version) is much like yours. Nice review! I just probably need a couple of mph more than you do. 10 mph will do nicely though. I am not sure if it is enough on water but I should find out this summer. Mine turns slow too but in much less wind than my 11m Neo I can cruise just fine. Most of the time I power up to get rolling through thick, soft grass and then depower to keep the speed down to a manageable rate. They only think I regret is it isn't a SA. :no:

US40
HQ 1.4m which my 8 and 10 year old fly
Pansh Flux 2m, Legend 3m,
HQ Hydra 300 PZ depower, Neo 8m, 11m
Flysurfer S3 Deluxe 19m, S2 15m
Flexboardz Haize
Radbuggy
SIMS snowboard
Crazy Fly 145
Kamikuza

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 08:16 PM

Awesome! :thumbup:
Should get mine out soon too ... although the forecast for the NEXT TWO WEEKS is nothing about 8 knots FFS and that's when I have to work - and can't skive at all :D

I seem to remember reading that the older Speeds were park and ride kites - they don't like to be worked hard ... but I could be wrong.

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
Hardrock

[*] posted on 6-1-2010 at 11:40 PM

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

PL V19m, P15m, V13m
Ace 7M (FOR SALE) 130.00 plus ship. RTF
Ace 5M
Beamer 5m, 3m
Hydra 350
P3 and a few smaller kites
Flexifoil Buggy, E-Trex Legend
LF Proof 151,,,GI Flight93 ATB
tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 05:33 PM

they are lock and load machines...............................10 to 11 is plenty with a lightwind board

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio