Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Making my case for NAPKRA
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 25-5-2010 at 04:42 PM
Making my case for NAPKRA

Thanks the the insurance obtained by all the hard working folks at NAPKRA we have managed to get a foot in the door and what looks like support of the folks in Washington to use their beaches for wind powered vehicles. The 1st meet up could not have gone better. At this rate I feel pretty sure that they will see the logic in changing the rules to make space for us ? ONLY because of the hard work Evans has done for us all. He is only a member of NAPKRA and has no control over it's future. Without NAPKRA all events in Aug will be called off when the insurance lapses. Evan's hard work is threatened and so will our shot at these beaches be !

From what I understand NAPKRA needs some people to step up and keep the hard work put in by Brad , Jon and many others up for us all. The future is very uncertian and it is time for some people to decide if they want this sport to get organized . Opening locations , festivals and competitions. Or not?

NAPKRA isn't perfect . It is set up for buggy racing but that is partly due to the need to fit insurance guidlines.

I would hope to see NAPKRA grow to include all wind powered vehicles but 1stt and formost IT NEEDS TO GROW !!!!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!!
We need to start getting excited about getting organized or lose the hard work of a whole lot of people who don't deserve to not be supported.

WHO'S IN :thumbup:

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 06:35 AM

I'll remember this post in the future when people ask why we don't have a governing body for our sport.

It saddens me to see so few people excited about the progress we have made and the chance for us to become more legit'.

I'll also remember all the hard work that people put in without support around 2010 when it all fell apart. :borg:

Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 06:43 AM

sorry about the A.M. flame !

Woke up grumpy and had hoped folks might get behind this stuff before it's too late.

Must lower expectations . Lesson 1 for the day.

Ken (K2)
bigkid
Posting Freak

Mood: :-)

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 07:01 AM

My wife's father tells me every now and then, I need to do something to pick up the family. The in laws are people who live vicariously through other people. They tell the world about my exploits and relive the story over and over again till it no longer resembles the original.
Could it be that we are "The in-laws" and we want nothing more than to belong to a group? Or are we leaders wanting to make things happen?
Not everyone is a leader, and it is not easy to be one. I am sure that we would be more than supportive of anyone who would want to step up to the plate and fill one or more of the positions in NAPKRA to help it continue.
Bladerunner, I will be happy to be your VP when you become Pres...but first I have to check with the in laws. :lol:

Appex buggy, Libre hardcore buggies.
Flexboardz. Blokarts.
PKD Century Soulflys. NPW's. Nasa Stars.
A few other less flown oddballs,
Line sets from 10" to 328" or 2m to 100m.
worlds only AQR that works.
North American distributor for PKD.
"Kite Bugging is not an addiction until you try to quit".
Morrie Williams

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 07:03 AM

You're right Bladerunner, we need to get excited about the future of NAPKRA. Without the support of the buggy community there will be NO future.

We need our current members to pay their dues EARLY and get new members signed up so we can renew our insurance for another year.

For the past 2 years Jon has fronted the money for the insurance, for a total of about $1500. This wasn't fair to Jon and he can't continue it.

In the furture should membership dues be sent to Jon or Brad? Mine will be on the way as soon as we know.

Morrie US86

Morrie Williams
Westport, WA, USA

Peter Lynn Comp Buggy
Peter Lynn Peel 5m, 10m
QuadTrac 3m, 6m, 9m
SkyTiger Hi 10, Hi 15, Hi 30, Hi 60
C-Quad 2.2m, 3.2m, 4.2m
Peter Lynn - Reactor II 3.5m, 6.9m
NAPKA - US86

Blokart with 2m, 3m, 4m, 5.5m sails
NABSA - us89nw
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 08:34 AM

i paid my dues last year... i dont think many did... after the rces were pretty much all cancelled, i am not sure if i will be paying them again

just my experience, but i was not happy paying dues for one buggy race

best of luck napkra, i sincerely hope you make it... but dont punish dues paying members because of those who dont pay...

im glad somebody is getting some good benefit from it, though... good job getting land opened up

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 09:27 AM

Fribbledish

If need be, I will shoot for a more cogent response later, but for now...

Your original post is unclear as to whether NAPKRA is looking for
      1. financial support
      2. logistical support
      3. task oriented support

The clearest instructions for joining NAPKRA were actually posted by Brad in another PKF thread:
    1. Send a check for $20 to Jon Ellis
    2. Go to NAPKRA.org
    3. Go to PILOTS
    4. Go to PILOT REGISTRATION fill out form
    5. Go to RESOURCES
    6. Go to NAPKRA LIABILITY WAIVER FORM print it, fill it out, email it to me at bbrex-AT-bellsouth.net
    7. Take a picture of yourself (head Shot) and email it to me for your membership card
    8. Go to RESOURCES
    9. Go to CLASS 8 RACICING RULES scroll down t Article 3.2 Identification for number size for your buggy placards, one placard each side of buggy

On the NAPKRA.ORG site, the membership path is a tad unclear. In either case, they could probably be streamlined or at least consolidated to one page (even with links to other pages on the site). Basically the info that Brad provided.

Outside of sponsorship, it is unclear how to show support for NAPKRA, and I am not sure that their are clear instructions on how to become a sponsor or what tiers exist, if you are not a manufacturer or retailer.

What if you own a buggy but don't race? Is NAPKRA still a good fit?

What if you don't own a buggy? Would NAPKRA consider other membership tiers where insurance wasn't currently part of the membership package?

I guess basically I am asking for this:

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
csa_deadon
Posting Freak

Mood: waiting for spring sobb, fall sobb, ABE, IBX

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 09:56 AM

I like to race, I don't like to race. Doesn't matter which side of the racing fence you sit on. We all need to get behind NAPKRA and support it. The Washington events are being held mainly in part to one persons hard work, and the fact that we currently have a governing body with insurance.

I have no problem paying my dues, even if I don't race. If paying dues means that more land can be opened up to us, and less of a chance of closing land then I'm all for it.

I won't flame anyone here, I just feel if you love your sport get behind it, and find a way to spread the word to support it.

Besides like coolbreeze said in different thread. It was worth it just to see Bladerunner in a buggy! That alone is worth the membership dues!

www.napka.org
US911
What I ride, and fly
Custom KBSS Libre Hardcore with John Deer tires!
Ozone R1 11m, Ozone Summit 10ul, 15m ul

Wish list:
Wind powered portable coffee maker.
Chrono, Chrono, Chrono!
vwbrian

Mood: Looking for Wind

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 11:27 AM

Send a check for $?? to
Jon Ellis
199 Reno Cutoff Road
Woodland,WA.

Go to PILOT REGISTRATION fill out form

Take a picture of yourself (head Shot)
Save it and title it (NAPKRA picture your pilot # Your name) EXample: Napkra Picture US05 John Doe.jpg

Go to NAPKRA LIABILITY WAIVER FORM print it, fill it out, Scan it, Save it as (NAPKRA Waiver pilot # your Name) then email it along with your picture to bbrex@bellsouth.net

Go to CLASS 8 RACICING RULES scroll down to Article 3.2 Identification for number size for your buggy placards, one placard each side of buggy

NAPKRA REGISTRATION PAGE
Profoil 1m /
Libre Speedy 2 2.1
JOJO ET 1.5,2.5,7 / 5 RM / 8 RM+
Zebra 4M
Peter Lynn Reactor 10.8 RII 17 Bomba 10 Synergy
U-Turn Butane 7.8
PL XR+ W/extended axles
Libre Hardcore W/KBSS Bigfoot Suspension
Oregon beach links
Pansh 5m Blaze II(Eli got a hold of)
kitemaker4
Posting Freak

Mood: happy when buggying

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 11:33 AM

Down here I buggy in a parking lot and we needed insurance or we could not buggy. We do not race in the parking lot but we practice our race skills there. If not for napkra we would not have any place to buggy and since the oil spill in going to cover the beaches on the gulf coast where we buggy then the parking lot will be our only option for many years to come. Just my thoughts.

Susan (npw goddess)

PKD Brooza\'s 2, 3, 4 and 5.5 meter
Libre Bora\'s 6 and 7 meter
Libre stainless full race with standard and big foot light wheels
Nasa wings: npw5 0.4, 0.8, 1.2, 1.7, 2.4, 3.1, 3.9, 4.8, 5.8, 6.9 meters
npw9 3.4, 5.3, 6.0, 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, 15.0 meters
Quadrifoil xm for sale
fletcht

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 11:52 AM

Ok, I'll chime in here. Through this process with Washington State Parks, I have found that NAPKRA is more then a racing body. It gave our group of buggy pilots validity. We have safety guidelines, insurance, and code of conduct. It looked, to the Parks dept., that we were a valid organization and were working to promote our sport in a safe and responsible manner. So NAPKRA is more then racing. I for one, will continue with it, if the organization continues, which I hope it does. As a group we need this for the future of our activity growing. Some of you may buggy in areas that are wide open public lands, that may not always be so. Or, you might what to but on a larger gathering then liability comes into play. NAPKRA has that. As with any young organization it takes awhile to iron out differences, but don't kill the organization if there are parts you don't like about it. Sound out. We need members to be able to keep the dues down.

Thanks

Evans Fletcher

Flying PKD\'s Century soulfly ll,
2.2 m
8 m

Team Rider,

Buggy
Libre hardcore Suspension
Peter Lynn foldable.
ripsessionkites
Posting Freak

Mood: retired until racing starts

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 12:20 PM

i have been putting off a response for sometime now. Im putting my thoughts down right now, so its not in order just thinking and typing. check for spelling errors. Im posting here because not everyone can see the NAPKRA forum (ill explain that later)

i wasn't pleased how many got removed, sure if you didn't pay your dues than you should be removed. However I dont see the direction of NAPKRA was heading. At first it was all RACE RACE RACE. Since the times have changed and people are getting involved with getting access I think the future of NAPKRA should change.

I have said this so many times before to that NAPKRA should be the Governing Body for all kite sports. Doesn't matter what you fly or what vehicle you use, as long as its land based kiting you're in. Right now we have event insurance but thats better than no insurance and we need to grow the sport. Ive spoken to a few insurance companies in the UK that ill post more about on the NAPKRA forum, and how they run the individual insurance there.

What I would like NAPKRA to become ... some restructure required. =)
- lets open the forum up to everyone again, however only registered / paid members can post. However everyone can view it. How do we spark interest if its all hidden?

- we should have section on PKF, not to discuss the association so much but to post, quick last minute events or meet-ups.

- hopefully we can get everyone to join, and not focus so much on the racing. with the event insurance we could grow MORE event than the 4 major ones we have now.

- why everyone should join NAPKRA. for $20.00 a year ... what is there to lose. whether you race or not you should be part of the Association. You take a look at GPA / BCH / APC08, they are huge but they dont all race but its all tied together. To join the GPA is pricey if you wanted to race, but they have so much land access that they can pay for and have insurance as well. We might not be there yet, but we can get there, Ill provide as much as I know to help grow NAPRKA.

- in europe even when you're not racing you still must display one number on your cart when you're riding. I guess we could tell / inform the local parks board as well, how well organized we are. that should show the public in general that we look like a club, probably have some written rules, etc.

- for those that do like to race, you dont need to travel, but you can easy setup smaller groups within your area. for example there are groups of 4 to 6 members that race on weekends, and they sometimes get together for larger races at Buggy Camps and such. you dont need to be a whole Region to race, but request to be a smaller group to be added to the forum. Its harder for us to travel around, pretty much travel to the east coast is a plane ride away for me. So its hard to get into a car and drive 5 hours to the state, like it is in europe.

that my wooden nickel thought ... so Im hopefully we can all come to terms with getting NAPKRA off the group and into a new direction.

if $$$ is an issue maybe getting the shops involved more. they are the forefront to promoting NAPKRA to current and new customers.

i promise to be involved more with NAPKRA this season as time allows. =)

Morrie Williams

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 01:07 PM

Thanks indigo_wolf for letting us know about the short comings in our "steps to membership ".
I'll start working on a what we are, what membership means and how to become a member.

Thanks again,
Morrie Williams US86
webmaster@napkra.org

Morrie Williams
Westport, WA, USA

Peter Lynn Comp Buggy
Peter Lynn Peel 5m, 10m
QuadTrac 3m, 6m, 9m
SkyTiger Hi 10, Hi 15, Hi 30, Hi 60
C-Quad 2.2m, 3.2m, 4.2m
Peter Lynn - Reactor II 3.5m, 6.9m
NAPKA - US86

Blokart with 2m, 3m, 4m, 5.5m sails
NABSA - us89nw
WolfWolfee

Mood: Blessed with Wind

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 01:10 PM

Guess I would have to ask, does the insurance cover Canada?
Maybe the big issue is changing the name away from racing as Rip suggested to get others involved. I have no intent in ever racing or going to the US to kite but would like to see an organization in place to further develop our sport but it would have to include Canada since we are part of North America. So drop the "R" and make it NAPKA for all kiter's and maybe me and others would join too.

Good luck

3M Legend
4.9M Reactor
9.5M Sabre
16M Scorpion
18M Guerilla
Flexi Bug & 661 Armor & Giro Helmet
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 01:19 PM

i second the notion of getting a sub-forum dedicated to napkra... and might recommend reorganizing the website napkra.org, its kinda hard to navigate, and last i checked, nobody really used it, why should i use napkras forum when pkf has it all sewn up?

i also second a little reorganization.... smaller groups would probably encourage more small gatherings... and foster quicker growth...

and i second the inclusion of all kite-sports and insurance while doing them, too (maybe napkra should be renamed???)....

all very good ideas...

just out of curiosity... how many dues paying members were there last year?... im not against paying some membership dues, but i am against throwing money away, no matter how small the amount... as said earlier, membership should benefit everybody, not just be a reason to collect $... successful clubs and organizations offer their membership things (gatherings... access to events, etc)

this has been the first mention of the group napkra in nearly (maybe more than) a year.... so what has napkra been up to?

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
WELDNGOD
Posting Freak

Mood: Dyin' to go flyin'

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 02:27 PM

So ,how is being a member gonna help me? I am the only serious buggier/atb around here. I have no club or members to practice or race with. And I have very little open space to use. And the way Va. works, if I say I belong to any club that has ANY thing to do w/ "racing" I am done! I am better off claiming I am the only one around here that does this ,so the risk is very low.

I would be more in favor of paying 100 dollars a yr. for 3rd party liability insurance and buy a permit to kite at my locale. I just can't see NAPKRA going to bat for just 1 member to have an insured fly spot, esp. up against the "communistwealth" of Virginia. "Killers of anything fun". I'm all for us being legit and all that , but it will have to represent each and every(even individuals) kiter or it is worthless to me.

So ,I pay 20 bucks , and some land opens up for the west coast and the city of Hampton still has a law that makes it illegal to fly ANY kite on a public beach, so I get shut down .

Sorry guys , I'll have to put my 20 dollars in my bail fund. Cause I won't quit flying until they throw me in jail and take away all my kites. Just my 2 cents WG

WELDNGOD on VIMEO
https://vimeo.com/user2580342

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Century II 2.2/2.8/3.5/4.5 /10.0
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster Soulfly 1.5 / 2.2 (KIA)/ 3.3 (lost at sea)
Buster Soulfly PRO 3.3 / 4.4
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
17 ply Custom TRAMPA w/ verTIGo trucks
2 homebrew buggies,2 homebrew KYTBYKS,1 homebrew tandem trailer
GOPRO 3 WHITE, 3+ BLACK, HERO5 BLACK
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

RIDER for KOKOPELLI KITER

indigo_wolf
Super Administrator

Mood: Weaned by leopards, raised by wolves...

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Morrie Williams
Thanks indigo_wolf for letting us know about the short comings in our "steps to membership ".
I'll start working on a what we are, what membership means and how to become a member.

Much appreciated, Morrie.

Will get started on the paperwork in the morning.

ATB,
Sam

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 - Jesus, does anyone?" - The Body by Stephen King
BeamerBob
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 02:48 PM

As a member, I ran into a land access issue and at first Napkra came in like gangbusters indicating help was on the way. In short order, they backed off and said it was no use to battle it and not worth the effort. I'm all for supporting an organization, but need to see that there is a benefit hopefully to me and my local buddies, but at least to kiters in general. I'm interested in seeing if this can reach a productive conclusion.

Coastal Wind Sports Team Rider
Landsegler Disc wheels
PTW Hero Buggy - XXtreme ApeXX Buggy US 88 - Libre Hardcore
IvanpahBuggyExpo.com
Youtube link
Bob Muse
HQ Montana X 8m, Montana IX 12m, HQ Ignition LEI 5m,
PL Phantom 12m, 15m, Big Blu 24m+, Synergy 10m, Venom 10m, 13m , Phantom II 12m Vapors 3.8, 5.4, Crosskite Sonic 7m, PKD Combat 10.3m
Uturn Butane 2.5m PKD Buster 3m Genetrix Hydra 7m Ozone Yakuza GT 14m
vwbrian

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 03:07 PM

It's $20. 1 case of beer. U can come up with $20 a year to help support the community. Even If we get one beach or soccer field opened up to any kiter it should be worth it. Some day you may have to move to a state that doesn't allow it now. Maybe by the time you move NAPKRA and it's members will have done the leg work to get the state to allow us. This is for the good of all kiters not just the NW. Evans was just the first one of us to pull off an event in a restricted area. This is a win for all of us.

NAPKRA REGISTRATION PAGE
Profoil 1m /
Libre Speedy 2 2.1
Zebra 4M
U-Turn Butane 7.8
PL XR+ W/extended axles
Oregon beach links
airin

Mood: always keen, keen, keen!

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 04:26 PM

So, where and when is the next demo being held by NAPKRA?:puzzled:

Everything Changes
Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WELDNGOD
So ,how is being a member gonna help me?the risk is very low.

I suppose if you are all on your own and like it that way then there isn't much need to support anything. Just worry about yourself . Save money for bail and don't bother trying to improve the situation for others to follow. I find it amazing that nobody ever wants to join you ? That you don't have intentions to grow the sport in your area. Each to his own.

I am more community minded . I don't race and I didn't plan on using NAPKRA to join any of our local kite festivals but I put my money behind NAPKRA because I understand what it is they were getting started and knew they needed the support. Turns out being a member helped me help Evan's with his Washington beach effort and I had a hoot on the buggy again! Karma is SWEET! :wee:

I am just thrilled that there is some discussion happening. People are right NAPKRA got very sleepy but I don't think it was because the folks who worked so hard to get it up and running didn't care to work on growing the group. I am pretty sure that the insurance as it stands had to be this way or not at all. It's NOT a perfect system but it is one heck of a good start. As you see the website can be changed if people have good ideas and input them. Same with the nature of the organization. As insurance and such permitt.
Maybe we can find a different insurer but to lose the one we have after so much effort to save a $20 bill ? Once again I scratch my head ! :puzzled:

We need to get things happening and get signed up for next year VERY SOON or come Aug. it will be history and that would be a shame !

I am not in the fold as far as organizers go and am not in a position to take too much on . From what I understand Jon will step down in Aug. when the insurance lapses. Brad? Morrie? I am not sure exactly what is needed in real human manpower to keep this going but I have a feeling we will need 2 people or more to step up?

Airin - Join NAPKRA and you'll know the next date ! Tee Hee :singing:

Ken (K2)
WELDNGOD
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 05:37 PM

BR, apparently I am the only one in my area w/ HOOJ balls. They are a bunch of AC seeking pansies. There is nobody to fly with period. I had one of my friends learn to fly, but he tore his ACL ,so he's out of it now. The only peeps who have ever come to fly w/ me have been silvereaglekiter , ragden, and Todd. And all have to drive a while to get here. There was another member also, but he is nomore. There are kiteboarders in Va Beach, but they are a bunch of surfers who use a kite as a motor, as long as they have a launch area they are happy. Land traction requires a bit more room,something we lack here. I would love to help save everybody else's rights , but who is gonna help me? I am one. Hell , if ya need the 20 bucks bad enough, I would donate it to ya. Just for being in my kite family. But, I got no interest in being in any org. that has anything to do w/ racing. Just that term alone(racing),says that it is competition not recreational. You will have a hard time getting locales to buy off on "amateur racers" cruising on there public lands.
Maybe out west, where you have vast area of open space it is possible. On the east coast, if it is open then it probably belongs to that bird(piping plover piece of crap) that is every damn where, but is endangered.

WELDNGOD on VIMEO

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

Bladerunner
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 06:04 PM

No worries Weldngod. We all have our reasons for joining or not.

You may have a distorted vision of what we in the N.W have though. The Oregon coast ( and it's people ) is chill. Washington beaches are only hard pack down south and they are all closed to wind powered vehicles. In Van we have MUD Bay a few days a year , when the winds and tides line up. NorCal has lost O.B. and ALL of us hurt for actual land inland!

I just think we have more people that are active than in your area. But don't be confused I drive 2 - 5 hours to snowkite and presently 6.5 - 8.5 hours to get to Oregon and ride a good beach ! If we lost Gary point park we would be S.O.L. for ANY other decent spot in the Lower Mainland. Evan's is opening an opportunity for a simple 5 hour drive to a decent beach and that is LOOOOOKING GOOOOOD !!!!!!!

Keep riding. Folks will find their way to the dark side when they see the fun you have!

Ken (K2)
WELDNGOD
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 06:15 PM

That is what I thought too, but I have been kitin' for a number of yrs now, and everyone thinks it's cool . But ,they are a bunch of wusses or something. At some point I probably wont have a local spot anymore. Then it will be Wildwood a couple times a yr......
I just died a little inside thinking about only being able to buggy twice a year.:no: With no backup, that is my reality.

WELDNGOD on VIMEO

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

WELDNGOD
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 06:18 PM

It seems in my area ,there is more local interest in "letting your dog run loose and crap wherever he wants and just leave it":eekdrull:

WELDNGOD on VIMEO

NAPKA US187
PKD
Combat 2.4 / 4.2
Century 1.8 / 5.5
Brooza IV 3.0 prototype
Buster (gen 1) 5.5
FLEXIFOIL
Sting 1.7 Punk
Rage 2.5 / 3.5/ 4.7
Revolution 1.5 SLE
CONTOUR HD
LET YOUR SOULFLY!

vwbrian

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 08:34 PM

You can fix the dog poop situation by carring around some bacon grease and sprinkling it on the Dog bombs. Then the dogs just clean up after themselves. UMM BACON POO.
And yes NAPKRA would be happy to accept your donation of $, NOt bacon POO. Please send it to
Jon Ellis
199 Reno Cutoff Road
Woodland,WA.
Compliments of WeldnGod

Next event
6/12 6-14 Moclips Gap Rd. Sat- Mon
If you would like to pilot a buggy at this event please hurry to get your NAPKRA registration. BBrex has been one busy guy with all the late registrations from the first event so give him a break by registering early.

http://napkra.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=1295#1295 link to registration

NAPKRA REGISTRATION PAGE
Profoil 1m /
Libre Speedy 2 2.1
Zebra 4M
U-Turn Butane 7.8
PL XR+ W/extended axles
Oregon beach links
vwbrian

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 08:49 PM

NAPKRA really needs to get a paypal account to make this much easier.

NAPKRA REGISTRATION PAGE
Profoil 1m /
Libre Speedy 2 2.1
Zebra 4M
U-Turn Butane 7.8
PL XR+ W/extended axles
Oregon beach links
WolfWolfee

Mood: Blessed with Wind

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 09:57 PM

Again I'll say, it drop the racing aspect at least in the name, or change it all together. Having tried to do the insurance thing myself racing adds a whole new aspect to the game. No one has mentioned is this insurance valid in Canada? Canada is part of North America, and actually the bigger part...lol

3M Legend
4.9M Reactor
9.5M Sabre
16M Scorpion
18M Guerilla
Flexi Bug & 661 Armor & Giro Helmet
fletcht

[*] posted on 26-5-2010 at 11:50 PM

Beamer, others, NAPKRA didn't come running to help me, with the Washington Beaches. But when I could show them, that I belonged to an organization that, had safety guidelines, a code of conduct, training, and insurance they took me seriously. Hopefully when this is all said and done, the beaches will be open to all WPV's NAPKRA or not. These events that are being done to promote the sport and demonstrate to the public that it is an activity that is compatible with all other beach users. NAPKRA, was the avenue to do this since groups wanting a special use permit have to have insurance. If you have areas you would like to have opened up in your area, Ocean Beach say, apply for a special use permit or convince the governing body, State, County , to allow a one time or more times over the summer to but on demonstrations. Show them that you are responsible and safety minded. You can't do this individually. But you can with an organization behind you. Print off the safety guidelines, code of conduct show them the insurance coverage and apply for a special use permit. This opens the door, for further communication.

Think of it has the AKA on wheels. They have dues, I don't here folks complaining about that. Maybe in a few years we can have a publication as well. The name NAPKRA is not the problem. Granted the Racing part of the name gets in the way but let it go, make of it what best suits your needs.
I believe, we need it for the sport to continue and evolve.

Evans Fletcher

Flying PKD\'s Century soulfly ll,
2.2 m
8 m

Team Rider,

Buggy
Libre hardcore Suspension
Peter Lynn foldable.
WIllardTheGrey

Mood: Just buggy...

[*] posted on 27-5-2010 at 12:22 AM

Or just call it North American Power/Para Kite Riding/Riders/Racing/Regional/Regulating Association, its just semantics.:dunno:

\"Well we are all hurtling around in 3 wheeled, tip over prone, non crash tested vehicles with no brakes that we steer with our feet. Just sayin\'.....\" --heliboy50
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio