Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hq symphony 2.7m
kitey

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 10:34 AM
hq symphony 2.7m

hi. i am 15 years old and want to buy the hq symphony 2.7m but it says 16+. does anyone know if it will be too powerful for me. i want to jump but i don't want to injure myself. i used to fly i symphony 1.8 but not gd enough.
dai_pie

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 05:56 PM

I think you'll find all power/traction kites carry a similar warning, 16+ / NOT A TOY / unsuitable for children unless under close supervision .......

With you being 15 it's not like the kites gonna be a killer now but 100% safe in a years time after you turn 16. All kiters need to be carefully regardless of age, and IMO what kite is or isn't suitable doesn't really come down to age, I'd reckon the key factors are experience, weight and athleticism.

I'm not too familliar with the symphony range so can't give specific advice, but (do correct me if I'm wrong) isn't the symphony 2.7m a two lline kite? If you want to move forward with your kiting and start jumping you be better getting a small 4 line kite: more control, better in stronger winds and training for any future kite persuites; snow, surf, buggy....
Hope (some) of this helps
centex_buggier

Mood: Missing the Beach Winds

[*] posted on 6-6-2005 at 07:52 PM

I had a Symphony 2.7 once and I wouldn't recommend it. I would recommend an Ozone Little Devil 1.5m. It's essentially the same size (the Symphony 2.7 is 2.7m wide and about 1.4m^2). If you really want an HQ kite, then you could try the Beamer. I have no experience with the Beamer, but I have heard good things. Both the Beamer and Little Devil are quad line kites and the Little Devil can be set up as dual line too. They are reasonably priced and a far better bang for the buck.

Just remember as long as you take the kites out in light winds to learn how to fly them well and get to know your how much wind you are comfortable with you should remain safe. NEVER fly too large of a kite if it is too windy. That is when you will get hurt.

Good luck

I buggy with:
Ozone Little Devil 1.5m
Ozone Razor 2.5m
Jo Jo RM3
Jo Jo RM4
Airea Raptor 5.5
nosediver

Mood: Up, and Edgy!

[*] posted on 7-17-2005 at 12:07 PM

kitey
I have the Symphony 2.7 and love it. It's a great two liner. I fly mine when I just want to go out and fly. It has a good power band and pulls me around in winds over 17 mph. I weight 185 lbs! Don't now if it would be a good jumper for you, but would it's at least 3 times the pull of the 1.8 another great kite if that'l give you any idea..
nosediver

Keep em off the ground and out of the water..

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio