Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: yakuza or blade lll
Alex

[*] posted on 5-20-2005 at 03:06 PM
yakuza or blade lll

im not shore if i should wait for the yakuza to come out or not i am wanning to do buggying on the grass in a park i have hade many kites before i way 57kg
Scoopy

Mood: Always Good

[*] posted on 5-20-2005 at 07:19 PM

Depends on many things. If the Yakuza is as unstable as the Razor, then avoid it like the plague. If all you want to do is buggy, you are much better off with something like a bullet or samurai. If you live on very flat ground where you have great wind, you can get into some race kites. I would not even put the blade in a class with a race kite.. They are different.

Scooop

Alex

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 02:52 AM
should i wait for the yakuza to come out

centex_buggier

Mood: Missing the Beach Winds

[*] posted on 5-22-2005 at 07:22 PM

Alex,
Personally, I like having a faster kite as long as I am not going too fast myself. On the grass, if you have short runs and you have to turn a lot, a Razor can be a blast. If you are on the beach or dry lake bed, it can be very challenging. The Yakuza will probably be a little more stable than the Razor, but quicker and more agile than the blade III. I am holding out for the Yakuza myself.

If your winds are often gusty, then the blade might be better, but if you have smoother winds, I think you will be happier with a race kite.

Little Devil 1.5
Razor 2.5
JoJo RM3
JoJo RM4
Raptor 5.5
windzup

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 6-2-2005 at 03:11 PM

The Yakuza's are almost here, so there is not much waiting, and the kites deliver speed and comfortable performance. The Yakuza is not only a replacement for the Razor, it holds a new design brief. Ozone has evolved with new glider technology in the last two years that is allowing the creation of extremely stable foil designs. Ozone based the kite on an auto-stable profile, and then over two years of in field prototyping has lead to the fastest kite currently available on the market.

Other notes, the Yakuza is built with high grade Porche-Marine coated nylon (a paraglider grade material that Ozone uses because it offers superior strength to weight performance). Zero stretch, Zero porosity and bombproof.

For the ultimate high speed race kite, the Yakuza has all bases covered.

Fly one for yourself in Seaside Oregon June 11-12. or talk to the guys at www.madkiting.com

Windzup,
Brian Schenck
www.windzup.com

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio