Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Handles to Bar
SailingJunkieXL

Mood: No Mood.

[*] posted on 5-19-2005 at 06:36 PM
Handles to Bar

Almost every kite I own uses handles, which I am pretty happy with. The one I have that has a bar is only a 1m and the bar on it is pretty crappy (i picked up the kite and bar from a friend and they were pretty used). I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a decent bar for not too much $$$? Thanx.

Love Life... Live Life... Die Happy.
william_rx7

[*] posted on 5-23-2005 at 09:01 AM
Kite Bar

e-Bay is always a good source. I got a AirRush with a wrist safety system, new lines for $USD 50. Look under kite surfing.

Ideally, if you could find something that mimics the Ozone Frenzy '05 bar would be best.

I'm moving from handles to a bar. For me handles give more control (faster), the bar less (slower). I'm adjusting, but am always surprised by how fast my handle kites operate.

surfinsmiley

Mood: allways all good.

[*] posted on 5-27-2005 at 09:14 PM

I built the ultimate cheap bar from old MTB handle bars.

I got a couple of red and green neoprene "mouse pads"from the one dollar shop(glued on then sewn with braided fishing line), some rope from the moutain climbing shop for leader lines and a plastic thing from the ship chanderlry to mount in the centre of the bar to run the chicken loop though.

Seems to work just as good as any bar I`ve used. The bizarre thing is that it`s lighter than any of the bars I paid lots of $$$ for.

The only downside is that if you point the bar straight at the kite you can get your fingers jammed buy the leaders, I`m thinking I might scrouge some old "bar ends" from a MTB, cut them to about 5cm in length and run the steering lines from them.

Go hard!:spin:
lewis055

[*] posted on 5-28-2005 at 08:48 AM

lushlongboards.co.uk or it might be .com.
they do bars that are pretty cheap.
coreykite

Mood: Who Moo-ed?

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 10:42 AM

Howdy,
A bar does not a Frenzy make.

I'm sorry but the post about getting a "Frenzy Bar" is mistaken.
Please refer to the adjoining thread "control bars vs handles" where you will find a clear explanation of what the critical differences really are.

The Frenzy has a unique bridle that allows a bar to release power rather than stall the wing.

If anyone wishes to learn more in-depth secrets of control, please e-mail me or visit us the weekend of June 4-5, 2005 at Elmer's.

These are not your Grandpa's kites.

Safen Up! Buggy On!

"I am often wrong, but never in doubt."

the coreylama

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio