Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Best Session Yet!
Jack1988

biggrin.gif posted on 11-20-2009 at 02:13 PM
Best Session Yet!

So its been blowing a bit too much on the southcoast of england these recent weeks and much too dangerous to fly..for me anyway. I was looking at the Weather website yesterday and i got all exicted, the winds were due to ease again for one day only. it was forecast for a 22mph gusting to 30 plus, so i had my heart fixed on hitting the soft beach at Bournemouth, next thing i nwake up this morning.. Bad news on the weather website or so i thought, the winds had dropped to 8mph and i was so disapointed that it wouldnt be worth hitting the beach, i looked a bit further ahead on the forecast and it was a bit of good news seeing that it was going to be 11mph straight off the sea so we decided to go to the cliff top, lil did we know what we were in for.

We arrived at the clifftop where the wind come off the sea and hit the cliff which sends the wind upwards :D When we got to our desired spot to set up we felt it was alot stronger than was forecasted, we were extatic, out comes the Anom...wind meter and it was blowing a ver CONSTANT 12 gusting up to 18mph:yes: We even thought that it might be a bit too much because the Grass was wet and there was a hundred foot drop a few meters away lol but we wasnt going to miss out on these perfect constant winds.

After a bit of a difficult set up i strapped up first anxious as to what it will be like, i sit down and launch, BAM im arse scudding getting airs off the lil bumps on the Grass:spin: Before i run out of room i take it fully to the zenith and stand up..Man im powered up like a B**ch, so powered up constantly that we were limited to 5 minute sessions each before the forearms started going, we could tell that this was going to be good fun.

I started doing some lil static jumps and mini pendulum getting 6ft of air with hangtime, Then i braved it after about an hour and really started going for it, this is when i got my first ever 15 Footer:yes: So this is what happened, I get the kite in front of me hanging to the side, i tilt my wrists back to fill her up, then i start running sidewards with the kite still hanging there, the kite starts screaming and i slam on the air Brake, BOOM....Im up there, all i hear is my brother screaming, i see the floor floating by and everything is in slow motion, i start to redirect but im still going up! I fully redirect and start coming back down at speed travelling across quite a distance horizontally, I redirect again to slow my decent, it works, Now It feels like im landing a parachute, i think to myself im coming in fast, It was wet so i hit the deck with both feet and purposly collapsed gracefully onto my arse with one leg half bent for a bit more soft landing, I was like:wow: I didnt know how high i had really gone until my bro and some old geeza walking his dog told me i had gone 15 or 16 feet up. It was amazing, unfortunatly i didnt get it on film :no: But i will do next time, I did two 15 footers over the day and a shed load of 12 foots etc, it was awesome.:tumble:

Anyway Here are some clip of just a few of the SMALLER :yes:jumps of the day before the camera ran out :no: I hope you like them, and i must stop wagging my legs, it looks silly and looks like im not in control but its like instinct to imbalance.

Please rate :)

Please tell me what you think of these jumps, i was surprised how much hangtime we got from a 4.5 ace which is now like my best friend, ive had ups and downs with it but now i know it well.

Radsails 3.2 (High wind pulling machine)
Pansh Ace 4.5 (My Old friend)
Exit 5m ( Lifty Argos kite)
Cirrus 6m Pro ( Medium/High wind boarding on FB)
Ozone Frenzy 9.5m 03 (depower is a dream)
FlexiFoil Blade 10.5 MIII (:o)
MBS Vixen :D
Pro Limit Harness (too big)
Scrub Seat harness (ouch my balls)
Ozone Bar (For the FB\';)

Always Learning
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
power

Mood: Arcy

[*] posted on 11-20-2009 at 04:34 PM

Some nice videos man. If you have a good constant wind, the 4 meter will still provide some nice floaty landings. Looks like a nice spot to fly. Try to get those 15 footers on tape next time:thumbup:

-08 Best Nemesis HP 14m
-07 North Rhino 10m
-05 Best Nemesis 10m
-04 Slingshot Fuel 13m
-05 Flexi Storm 8m, 10m, 12m, 14m (FOR SALE!!)
-05 Naish 5.5m (FOR SALE!!)
Jack1988

[*] posted on 11-20-2009 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by power
Some nice videos man. If you have a good constant wind, the 4 meter will still provide some nice floaty landings. Looks like a nice spot to fly. Try to get those 15 footers on tape next time:thumbup:
Cheers mate, like i said they were the smallest jumps of the day but battery ran out :( i will record it next time bro, those 15 feeters were crazy fun, we knew what the wind was doing so it was more of a have you got the balls to full on pendul lol, but i did only three times and i went up up up lol.

Always Learning
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Kamikuza

[*] posted on 11-20-2009 at 06:18 PM

Nice! Good vids too ...
I get about the same hang time as your smaller jumps, off my Bullet 4.5 but not so much height - I'm a bit bigger than you are though :thumbup:
For style, try keeping your feet together ...?

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...
Jack1988

[*] posted on 11-23-2009 at 07:51 PM

thanks man, Yeah for sure i need to just be a bit more relaxed up there, my legs swinging seemed to be my bodys automatic reaction to an imbalance, i used to get it freerunning aswell, if i was balanced on a small pole etc one leg would flail abit to rebalance. I suppose with a bit more practice i can keep my legs still and im sure it looks alot better. sometimes the legs flail sometimes they dont.

The maddest thing was the redirecting that day, in some jumps i redirected 3 or 4 times, it was fun. I think the wind and location was a big factor with those jumps, behind my bro filming there is a clifftop about 10 feet away leaving us 100 odd feet above the sea which is at the bottom of the cliff, the onshore wind hits the bottom of the cliff which sends it upwards. Its great for jumping. Theres usually alot of paragliders floating about there aswell. Its called Barton clifftop on the soutchcoast uk if anyone wants to know.

Always Learning
brplatz

Mood: Look at that swaga!

[*] posted on 11-23-2009 at 09:10 PM

Jack your into freerunning too? Fun stuff I say. I used to go alot, but now kiting is taking over hehe

I just recently stopped flailing mid air when I jump. I think its the controlled float of the 15m Syn. Makes life more comfortable and safe methinks :smilegrin:

Brian

What I Fly:
-HQ Beamer IV 3.0M(Stolen)
-Peter Lynn Twister II 4.1M
-Peter Lynn Synergy 15M

What I Ride:
-G.I. Prodigy 90
-Rossignol Snowboard
power

[*] posted on 11-23-2009 at 09:24 PM

Brian- Do you static jump with the syn? I saw those pictures your other post about the rip in the syn. What's it like compared to FB?

-08 Best Nemesis HP 14m
-07 North Rhino 10m
-05 Best Nemesis 10m
-04 Slingshot Fuel 13m
brplatz

[*] posted on 11-23-2009 at 09:31 PM

Yea I do until I feel comfortable enough to ride the board with it. S

Since I live inland, the winds are guaranteed gusty, so a Peter Lynn Arc was the obvious choice.

The gust munching plus the float and controll of a 15m depower Syn, its beautiful compared to a Twister. Flying with a harness feels much better than getting yanked by handles.

I can just fly the kite from 10 to 2 then pull the bar in and get some really nice floaty jumps.

Brian

What I Fly:
-Peter Lynn Synergy 15M

What I Ride:
-G.I. Prodigy 90
-Rossignol Snowboard
Jack1988

[*] posted on 11-24-2009 at 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brplatz
Jack your into freerunning too? Fun stuff I say. I used to go alot, but now kiting is taking over hehe

Ditto :D

I look forward to seeing more vids of you and your synergy, theres not many youtube clips with the synergy so it will be good to see. A synergy is my ambition buying kites wise.

Next up for me is getting a board and learning on the cirrus 6 in low winds, that should be a laugh, im not sure wheather i want to go with handles or bar and harness, harness scares me a lil.

Always Learning
power

[*] posted on 11-24-2009 at 10:18 AM

@Brian-I need to try that with the 10m. Waitin on the wind:thumbdown:

-08 Best Nemesis HP 14m
-07 North Rhino 10m
-05 Best Nemesis 10m
-04 Slingshot Fuel 13m
brplatz

[*] posted on 11-24-2009 at 11:26 AM

Jack,

The syn is quite the improvement over FB I think. Just the amount of power available when you need it is just phenomenal.
I weigh 140lbs and its just the right size for my winds here.

I learned to fly and ride with the Twister II, it helps trying to fly and ride at the same time.

Power,

Definitely get out there and try some pendulum jumps with the 10. Just having a big kite makes you feel pretty damn cool when cars and people stop, just to see it fly:wee:

Brian

What I Fly:
-Peter Lynn Synergy 15M

What I Ride:
-G.I. Prodigy 90
-Rossignol Snowboard

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio