Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Slingshot Ranger trim line replacement
Jason-G

[*] posted on 12-10-2022 at 10:18 AM
Slingshot Ranger trim line replacement

I have a 9m SS Ranger foil kite. I am pretty sure I got it in 2007. It is not my go to kite but I did have it out a few days ago on the beach. It flew fine but it did look like the trim line was starting to look a little worn. I sent a photo to slingshot and they thought the 2007 replacement line (#73115) should fit. It is $14.88 but I have found their site usually charges outrageous shipping for even small items.

After searching the net, some kite groups mention 1/4" amsteel line is a cheap and effective replacement.

It looks like the stock slingshot replacement has a loop on one end.

Does anyone know if amsteel would work as a cheap and effective replace that would be easy to install on my 2007 9m slingshot bar?

Also the person at slingshot didn't think my line looked that worn, so I may be jumping the gun, but I also don't want to find out what it is like to snap the trim line while flying.

Thanks
Jason
Feyd

[*] posted on 12-13-2022 at 10:03 AM

It takes a lot to get to the point where replacement is critical. But its not hard to find a suitable replacement for that trim line. Prokitesurf can fabricate whatever you need and it won't cost an arm and leg.

Chris Krug-Owner @ Hardwater Kiting. Authorized Dealer of Ozone, Flysurfer, HQ kites.
www.hardwaterkiter.com 603-986-2784
krumly

[*] posted on 2-17-2023 at 12:35 AM

A day late and a dollar short on this one, but I'm with Feyd on this. Amsteel is one of the simplest single braid lines to splice and tack-sew f you know what you are doing, and need or want to have enough on hand, along with splicing fids, a sewing machine that will handle industrial polyester thread, and willingness to own your handiwork. To maintain one kite, ante up and buy from the OEM or someone who makes a matching replacement, and keep flying.

Flying:
1.5 m Ozone LD Stunt
2.2, 3.2, 4.2 m C-Quads
2, 3, 4, 5.5, 7.5m PKD Broozas
9m PL GII, w/ adjustable rear strap mod
Dual mode mod PL GI 13, HArc 6, FArc 12
Cab 5m Convert, 7&9m Xbow, 12m SB
Lots of stunt kites and a Rev Supersonic

Riding:
Libre Special buggy, PL Comp buggy
Line skiboards, & Lib-Tech Park & Pipes
Cabrinha Prodigy kiteboard