Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 1.2 sting superman aftermath
tomdiving

Mood: thankful for this site

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 06:18 AM
1.2 sting superman aftermath

x-ray, good. mri, good. bursae, not so good. got back from my ortho followup yesterday and the doc said to do whatever i want as long as it doesn't hurt. amazingly, no meniscus or ligament damage at all.
so, once again, i am clear for take-off.
mr. redsky - re-reading my post, my reply to you definitely did NOT come across as intended. if i had read your reply with any food or drink in my yap, i would have blown it all over my computer. it was HILARIOUS. i find your wit and humor to be exemplary and welcome your comments any time.
the pics do not do justice to the tremendous swelling, or really show the extent of the bruising well, which goes deep into the middle of my foot.
sooo... no harm, no foul. i don't think i'll take on a hurricane any time soon, but i will enjoy further high wind adventures as they present themselves.
tom

pkf2.jpg - 61kB pkf4.jpg - 62kB

pkf3.jpg - 59kB
RedSky

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 01:42 PM

Your reply came across perfectly fine. I have a dry sense of humor, sometimes droll and so it made me smile. Looking at that bruising though, maybe I was lacking a little in empathy. Sorry man.
You took quite a beating! It takes but a second in those winds but glad to hear you have no damage to ligaments etc and that it hasn't put you off high winds. Lots of fun to be had yet. :)
rtz

[*] posted on 3-16-2019 at 10:49 PM

What kind of winds did you have the 1.2m in?

Sting 1.7, 2.4 - Flow 2, 3, 4, 5 - Reactor 2.2, 2.8, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 - Yakuza 2.2, 2.7 - JOJO 9
Randy

[*] posted on 3-17-2019 at 04:41 AM

My favorite video for showing what a small kite can do.

NPW Test Pilot -US99
tomdiving

[*] posted on 3-17-2019 at 05:14 AM

randy, isn't that you with the angry grape? i've seen this video before, sent it to my brother, and told him how much money he's wasted on LEI's.

rtz - it was in our bomb cyclone conditions in michigan exactly 3 weeks ago. 38mph with 60mph gusts. i'm still feeling the wrath of the gusts. yesterday was the first day that i could walk well enough to go to the beer store 2 blocks away. and by the time i got home my left foot and leg were swollen enough to have to put on my compression stockings again. i'm getting a compression sleeve today that'll go up to the top of my thigh.
we're going to be (very) indirect neighbors, sorta kinda. my sister is moving from duncan to edmond soon. 1537 Northwest 173rd Terrace. i'll still be in michigan since i abhor travel, but a bit of my heart will be in edmond.
tom
Randy

[*] posted on 3-17-2019 at 09:25 AM

I wish it was me. :D

NPW Test Pilot -US99
rtz

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 06:00 PM

Tom; if you're ever in town; you'll have to buggy, land sail, kiteboard, or windsurf out at the lake with us.

Sting 1.7, 2.4 - Flow 2, 3, 4, 5 - Reactor 2.2, 2.8, 3.5, 4.4, 5.5 - Yakuza 2.2, 2.7 - JOJO 9
tomdiving

[*] posted on 3-18-2019 at 08:00 PM

rtz, that is one heck of an invitation and i'll gladly take you up on that if the opportunity presents itself. now i just gotta learn how to buggy, land sail, kiteboard, or windsurf...
tom

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio