Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MTH boards
tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:05 AM
MTH boards

Ive had the pleasure of owning and riding two MTH boards over the last couple of months and could not be more pleased. Mike Hewlitt out of Mt Shasta, CA makes the most sweet custom boards stateside that I'm aware of. I have the 160x45 MTH door and the 141x43 MTH session..........

The door is made of vinyacell with redwood steamers for strength and stiffness with a carbon fiber bottom........asymmetrical heel side edge and flex tips with custom graphics.......this board is very very light yet very strong........goes upwind like a bandit and works well in chop with flex tips........the redwood steamers provide stiffness and confidence that boosting will not damage the board..........I've jumped numerous times in the 12 to 15 foot range without any durability issues or concerns.

The session is made of redwood, and paulownia, with bamboo rails that are damn near ding proof. Flex tips and 1/2 inch of rocker/flat bottom provide low and high wind performance. Door like upwind performance with great pop for old and new school tricks. Carves well off the top and down the line on waves, a basic all rounder if you're looking for a one board quiver.

Mike has upgraded his CNC machine recently keeping him on the cutting edge of technology and performance. Your call on size, rocker, concave and computer graphics.......he stands behind his product with a full 2 yr warranty. Since Dave Kay of Decay designs has gone with Pete Cabrinah, Mike may be the only one left world wide and for sure is the only stateside designer I'm aware of. Prices rock, performance of the hook.........you can view my Colonel Reb customs and his other designs on Facebook, MTH boards........

I am not a team rider nor sponsored by Mike just a very pleased customer passing this along to you all.........

Respectfully,
Tridude

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
PHREERIDER

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 06:20 PM

nice , i think van has one. think i rode at JI. shiny custom! nice

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
Kamikuza

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 08:00 PM

What's the weight like?

Yeah... I got a kite. Or two...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio