Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hi - new to landboarding in San Jose
Jae-SJ

[*] posted on 8-23-2013 at 12:55 PM
Hi - new to landboarding in San Jose

Great community!

Been reading lots and learning lots past couple of months. Late to the sport/hobby but better late than...

Learning on one kite for now - Rush Pro 350. Past couple of weeks, got on MBS atom 95x at Shoreline kite park. What a blast! Scarry at times - strong gusts.

Anywhere else to landboard near by? Also interesed in depower for landboarding and kite skiing in the future. HQ Montana good choice? Anyone else nearby to learn from?

Thanks,
Jae
Americaskate

[*] posted on 9-7-2013 at 02:52 PM

I'm living in SF and use to go a lot to shoreline, until they ripped the grass off. I'm not sure what the current state of that is...
I'm usually on a 15m when I ride and can give you tips if you'd like... I know a few people who know of some fields, I was thinking of trying out the kite park in berkeley or crissy field... I was thinking of possibly going tomorrow since the wind is low and can't
get into the water. feel free to hit me up.
Jae-SJ

[*] posted on 9-9-2013 at 11:25 AM

Thanks Americaskate- will hit you up on your offer one of these days.
Was out at Shoreline the other day. Small spill on a gopher/squirrel hole. Hate those holes and broken glass...
Never been to Berkeley kite park. Crissy Field is always so crowded? Maybe better when it gets colder?
Americaskate

[*] posted on 9-13-2013 at 07:13 PM

I don't know, it's not nearly as crowded as marina green from what ive seen.
The only thing that worries me is that there might be a huge wind shadow on crissy field.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio