Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Littleton, Centennial Open Space near Dry Creek/Colorado
Proletariat

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 12:15 AM
Littleton, Centennial Open Space near Dry Creek/Colorado

Hiya,
So I've been eyeing a couple of giant fields where we could fly without having to deal with a 4:30 soccer eviction issue in the summer. I started looking at land ownership resources and I found this site for Arapahoe County:

http://www.co.arapahoe.co.us/Apps/ParcelSearch/PropForm.aspx

In particular, I was looking at this piece of land:
http://gis.co.arapahoe.co.us/arapamaplite/?PARCEL=2075-31-2-...

I'm going to contact these folks at western telecomm and see if they'd let me (us) fly here in exchange for something simple like picking up garbage or something. The ground looks pretty smooth and there are very few trees around the perimeter (some in the middle, but you should be watching where you're going anyway) :)

I'll keep you posted, but if anyone wants to join me in lobbying these folks, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dave
Cerebite

Mood: Is he using the same wind we are?

[*] posted on 1-12-2012 at 09:00 AM

I have been watching that open space for over 30 years [not for kiting] since I grew up at Arapahoe & Colorado. The owners have always been very tight about access and it is not very flat which is an advantage for traction kiting.

Several ATBs around here have been working very diligently to get and keep access to Dove Valley [Potomac & Broncos Parkway] including proposals to Arapahoe County and City of Aurora.

Mile High Kiters [on Facebook and Meetup] has a regular presence, including traction, year round at Clement Park [Bowles & Wadsworth] [we are drifting away from there due to space constraints], Stapleton Central Park [MLK & Westerly Creek, we will be there Sun 12/2 and possibly later today :wee:], Sandstone Ranch Park [Longmont off 119], Lowry Great Circle Park [circa 6th & Quebec], Robert Easton [470 & Bowles], & Broomfield City Center [136 & Pecos].

I understand your desire to get clear of the Soccer crowd but I very seldom have issues with them, there is usually enough space for them and us.

NASA wings -1 to 12m [mostly KM4]
Foils -2 -12m [mostly PL & Pansh]
VTT Stinger on Midi's
Another day in Paradise...
Cerebite

Mood: Is he using the same wind we are?

[*] posted on 3-12-2012 at 07:40 PM

Where did you end up flying this weekend Proletariat? Are you still planning on trying to get access to the Honeywell site (that was the owner for the first 20 years)?

NASA wings -1 to 12m [mostly KM4]
Foils -2 -12m [mostly PL & Pansh]
VTT Stinger on Midi's
Another day in Paradise...

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio