Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: which better kite for kite jumping??
sebonze

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 01:34 PM
which better kite for kite jumping??

Hi,
I'm practicing kite jumping with flexifoil blade and it's really fun, but I wondered if you had tried other kites like peter lynn vapor, ozone yakuza, HQ prodigy, libre ZEBRA or others?

What are your feelings?

Peter Lynn:
- Reactor II 3.5m²
- Peel 5m²
Flexifoil Blade III 6.6, 8.5 and 10.5
Mandibule 10mx
MBS core 90

youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sebonze33
jpleo

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 01:39 PM

Try a depower kite. You will go muchhigher and you'll be safer. Peter Lynn arcs HQ Montana or matrixx flysurfer speeds or psychos or ozone frenzy. It allows you to put up a much bigger kite it stronger winds. It will also give you more hangtime
sebonze

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 10:44 AM

Hi jpleo,
thanks but I don't want a depower kite but want to know more about these kites.

Peter Lynn:
- Reactor II 3.5m²
- Peel 5m²
Mandibule 10mx
MBS core 90

youtube channel:
awindofchange

Mood: Awesome - totally awesome

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 11:09 AM

For jumping and without going depower, the Blade you have is probably one of the best out there. Another one that you may be interested in is the HQ Scout or the Peter Lynn Twister IIR. Most of the others you have mentioned are high end race kites, although they will get you airborne, they will also drop you just as fast and are not really designed for that.

As was mentioned above, for jumping your best bet is to go Depower with something like the Ozone Frenzy's, Peter Lynn Twinskins (Charger, Venom, Phantom, etc...) HQ Montana's, etc... All of these will have much more lift than anything you have listed, plus they will have better float and be much more safer.

Bladerunner

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 04:59 PM

AWOC is right . All the kites you list are race kites. Lifty yes but not at all stable. Hard to beat the Blade for static jumping. I can't really suggest a better choice in FB.

Static jumping with a depower kite is a better way to go if you really want a different experience. They are really designed to work in motion but you can get some great air and float out of a few. The Flysurfer Speeds and Phsycho III , IV , Hq Matrix, Oz frenzy would be worth a visi?. Arcs will boost you and are a different kettle of fish all together ?

I have always thought those mandibules from the other thread were about the only non depower kite I have seen that rivaled the Blade ? Only from what I have seen on video mind you ?

Kites: 2.5m Profoil , Quadrifoil XL kitesurfer, NPW 5 Danger.
Flexifoil: 1.7m Sting, 4.9m Blade 3, 9m Blade 2.
Flysurfer : 19m Speed 2 SA, 7m Pulse
Peter Lynn :18m Phantom, 15m Synergy, 10m Synergy, 1200 Farc, 460 Sarc, 130 Tarc, 5m Peel, 4.2m , 6.4, 8.5 C-Quads, 3.5 LS2 single skin.

Rides: Flexi / P.L. Frankin'Buggy , Shaped + straight skiis, sand skis, Coyote blades. Core 95 ATB. RKB R2 ATB .

Ken (K2)
Proletariat

[*] posted on 1-19-2013 at 10:49 PM

Twister IIR 7.7 or blade 8.5, if you're determined to remain fixed bridle. Otherwise, go find a 10m used depower used (or 18m arc -- probably get blasted for saying that). I bet you'll never look back.
DAKITEZ

Mood: Go Fly A Kite!

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 08:33 AM

I see your on blade 3's. Try and find some blade 4's or the new 5's if you cant find a 4. The 3's did have raw jump power but not near as stable as the 4 or 5.
ikemiester

Mood: SPEED 3 19M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 01:43 PM

Go Depower! LEIs can also send you shooting skyward. My Flexi Ion 2 sure does. If you're focused on FB kites, look into the Ozone Haka as well.

Kiteboarding Team Rider
http://www.cleanlinesurf.com/

Looking For:
cheap old c kites in good shape

What I Fly:
Flysurfer Speed 3 19m, Switch Legacy2 12 and 9m, Radsail Sport 5m, HQ Beamer 1.8m

What I Ride:
mbs core 90, Cabrinha Rival 145, Cabrinha Ace 133

Go big or go home!
1920 Club

https://www.youtube.com/user/rydmiester

Established 1992, Flying multi-lines since 2001
sebonze

[*] posted on 2-26-2013 at 09:36 AM

thx guys ;-)

Peter Lynn:
- Reactor II 3.5m²
- Peel 5m²
Mandibule 10mx
MBS core 90

youtube channel:
skimtwashington

[*] posted on 2-26-2013 at 10:04 AM

What size blade you using?

What kind of wind speed were you working with?

Where is you helmet:shocked2:?
erratic winds

Mood: ATGATT! Armor up!

[*] posted on 2-26-2013 at 10:30 AM

The ozone haka isn't terribly well known, but if it was, I think it would have the same reputation as the BLADE! It's a widomaker for sure!

haka 5m walloped several of us before we put it away permanently....

Tide? What's a tide? Man, it's 1000 miles to any ocean.
shakenup

[*] posted on 3-25-2013 at 01:46 PM

get a flysurfer speed!!! best kite ever
lives2fly

[*] posted on 4-22-2013 at 04:16 AM

From personal Experience get an old high aspect LEI if you want to jump. All you have to do is build up some line tension (try and run upwind) and then sheet the bar in... up you go :)

Be cautious with them though as they are either on maximum power or nearly maximum power and are really vulnerable to gusts (its very easy to get lofted)

Most modern LEIs are also great for jumping - a much bigger % of kitesurfers want to get airborne than land based riders afterall - so its generally given more priority in the design process. I have found them generally easier to make soft landings with than foils - just doing small jumps static or on my land board.

If you do want to stay Fixed Bridle then as others have said - its hard to beat the kite you have - just get a bigger one!

See if you can try a few kites because you may like some characteristics nore than others.

15m Naish Fly,12m & 7.5m Naish Cults, 10m & 12m Naish Parks, 9m Naish Bolt, 6m & 14m Naish X3's, 13m PL Venom, 10m & 6m Ozone Access,
1.5m flexi Buzz, 3.5m Flexifoil Bullet, 4.7m flexi Rage, 5.6m PL Twister II, 6.6m flexi Blade, 8.0m HQ Toxic
Flexdeck Landboard, Nobile Flying Carpet 160, Airush Switch 142, Slingshot Misfit 136, Naish Monarch 134, North Whip 5'8", Fischer Skis, Palmer & Drake Snowboards.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio