Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Peter Lynn 2012 LEI kites
-mj-

Mood: kite + longboard = awesomeness

[*] posted on 6-1-2012 at 01:54 AM
Peter Lynn 2012 LEI kites

Peter Lynn brings you new kites, revolutionary to the brand! For 2012 we proudly bring you Leading Edge Inflatable kites! A valuable addition to the line-up and the next step in the Peter Lynn strategy to bring the best kites for each discipline of kite sports.

Peter Lynn stands for refined products, best-in-class materials and progressive designs and this vision can be recognized in the new LEI kites too. Designer excellence materialized into three brand new kites. Optimized profiles bring unprecedented handling and feedback to the rider, enabling you to progress faster in whatever direction you choose. This is also in line with the Peter Lynn philosophy to offer personal progression, adventure and excitement to the rider.

Peter Lynn 2012 Leading Edge Inflatable kites

The new LEI kites, the ‘all area performance’ freeride Fury, the 'light wind & race' Fury Lite and the ‘all-round comfort’ intermediate Escape are all designed with optimized profiles and fine-tuned bridles, as you might expect from Peter Lynn’s expertise and pedigree in kite design. To be able to be allround successful, Peter Lynn invested all its resources and knowledge in kite development resulting in LEI kites offering exceptional rider feedback and a large wind range. Those are elements that are essential for any kiter to enjoy a kite in all disciplines and over a wide range of conditions. You can now check out the complete presentation at: PeterLynn.com

Available soon through your local Peter Lynn retailer!

Marijn Tijhof,
Peter Lynn Kitesports
shehatesmyhobbies
Posting Freak

Mood: Serious Buggy withdraws!

[*] posted on 6-1-2012 at 04:27 AM

Love the design and colots! May have to order a couple soon!

Rich
NAPKA President
US 66
www.napka.org

302 480 6008

Phantoms!
My ride: GT Rapide
Check out the Wildwood Buggy Bash Facebook page!
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 6-1-2012 at 05:49 AM

nfleech and I are looking hard at these................I know he'd perfer a c kite but Im sure these designs are sweet. Coupled with the Navi bar quite a package..............:thumbup:

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
tridude
Posting Freak

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 10:04 AM

flew the 11m Fury at JIBE....winds were 20 to 22 mph...plenty of top end left on the kite. First thing this kite is FAST.................turns like an 8 or 9m LEI. Def not a beginners kite but for wake style tricks or strapless directional, supreme. The power band is narrow but when powered has nice grunt. Had the rear lines on factory setting for bar pressure. Pressure was good, not overpowering and could feel the location of the kite. Depower is almost too good. Power band in the window seemed narrow. Not sure if it was me unfamiliar with the bar/depower or the thinner AR of the canopy. Probably me and the bar. When power was on the grunt is very good. Im sure after an hour or two Id sort out the poower band /delivery of the kite and bar. Easily as much power as most 12 and 13 LEIs Ive flown. Canopy flutter was non exsistant on the Fury. The Escape had flutter when I flew her back in March but the Furys canopy was rock solid. Lift was off the hook. I dove the kite to start, and moved her to 10 oclock. About 50 yds out I sent her back without loading the edge and popped an easy 15 to 20 footer with a floaty landing. I you like and seek air here's your baby. I cant comment first hand on strapless directional but I know this kite would deliver there as well. Intermediate and advanced pilots looking for turning speed, lift, wake style tricks, good depower, and solid canopy should give the Fury a try................................gracias Team Peter Lynn!

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
AD72
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tridude
The power band is narrow but when powered has nice grunt.

Do you mean it was easy to back stall? I imagine since it is a higher aspect kite it would want to move ahead in the wind window. I would expect the Escape to have a bit more grunt and sit deeper in the window. Did you try going down wind with it? How stable is it?
tridude
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 20-5-2012 at 05:08 PM

I found no backstall in this kite.................I lost power in the sail due to bar position..........once youve dialed in throw and set hte active stoppwer ball to limit travel its all gravy.....................

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
Wolfpaklv

Mood: Windy

[*] posted on 3-6-2012 at 09:44 PM

Glad you liked the Fury. We are getting a lot of great feedback for this kite. Did anyone else fly them?

Love the new navigator bar!

Brian Holgate

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio