Author: Subject: wow!
doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 16-2-2003 at 07:15 AM
wow!

Copied from old forum:

March 21 2001 by Frenchie  

I just come back from the beach wheere I've use my skate with my kite for the very first time...WHAT A BLAST! The good surprise was the good performances of my skates (rollerblades coyote) on the hard packed sand I have here, we have 45feet tides here wich let A LOT of space on low tide.
Now my question, it seems to me that the better way to start is to seat, fly the kite toward the top of the window, get up with the help of the kite and then...try to survive to the massive rush of adrenaline in your blood. It seems also that it works better when you fly the kite high in the window than when you try to keep it too close to the ground.
Am I on the good way or not? Please let me know of any advices you could have.
Thanks for your awsome web site, and excuse my english but I can't help it...I'm French.

doomwheels
Grand Pubah

Mood: Slap happy!

[*] posted on 16-2-2003 at 07:16 AM

Copied from old forum:

March 26 2001 by Frenchie

>the better way to start is to seat, fly the kite toward the top of the window, get up with the help of the kite

this is perfect. launching while seated gives you leverage against the power of the kite without pulling you off balance. a slight dip of the kite into the power zone can lift you to a standing position. from there you are ready to skate away.
another manner of launching is to stand with the wheels pointed straight toward the kite. launching the kite will accelerate you in a downwind position. as soon as you are rolling, turn upwind away from the kite and find your sailing line. use this launch only in light wind conditions

>it works better when you fly the kite high in the window than when you try to keep it too close to the ground.

this will be true with skates possessing small wheels (or short wheel base). the wheels of the coyotes are too small and high pressure to have adequate traction again the power of a kite. keeping the kite high the window will prevent the skates slipping or "skipping out", however this will also prevent the skater from achieving much speed. skates with larger wheels can place the kite in full power for speeds over 55 mph (95kph).

>Am I on the good way or not?

sounds like you are having a blast. send some action pics and i’ll post them on www.doomwheels.com

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio