Go To Bottom

Poll: strapless/strapped directionals
considering strapless/strapped
--- 2 (22.22%)

-- 0 (0%)
riding strapless/strapped
--- 4 (44.44%)

--- 1 (11.11%)
sticking with my Twin Tip --- 2 (22.22%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: strapless/strapped directionals
tridude

Mood: Semper in excretum sum sed alta variat................alwayz in the crap but the depth varys.........

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 07:56 AM
strapless/strapped directionals

Strapless/strapped riding in the H20 kiting world seems to be the current trend in our activity. Quite a few local riders are now riding strapless/strapped and are curious to find out what the forum H20 riders are doing/considering..............

Def a nice way to mix things up for the day or when a nice swell comes thru. For our "lakers" when it gets choppy allows you to cut right thru it and lastly as a race board........

17m Ozone Zephyr (2012)
15m Flysurfer Silver Arrow 2
12m Ozone Catalyst (2013)
10m Ozone Catalyst (2012)
MTH Colonel Reb customs 160x45 carbon, 141x43 wood
Wainman Joke & Demitri Pro
11'6 Naish Nalu
6' Davo Fish
ragden

Mood: ready to ride...

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 08:33 AM

I ride both. Whatever the conditions warrant.
I've ridden my surfboard both strapped and strapless. Its fun to go strapped, ride blind and throw jumps on a surfboard... kind of silly to. I also go strapped when in the ocean doing a downwinder...

When the wind really picks up, I grab my little twintip and have fun with that. When winds are just a little too much for my door, I grab my surfboard and ride strapless. My door is super stiff, so if the winds pick up just over 12mph, then it starts to be painful on the legs...

Generally, I leave my surfboard strapless. But I always have the straps and a screwdriver with me so I can add them if I want.

Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DELUXE
Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
Spleene (Monster) Door 164x50 (for sale?)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132
PHREERIDER

Mood: chilled....but ready to SAIL!

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 12:15 PM

damn lost my post when i voted .

anyway i hop on anything i can find or bum for a short go. first thing i find that pheels like me, seems to be in the 7ft thruster range, i will show and say about it.

the davo fish ,kinda wide, is probably what i need!

the cut of a TT , for me, is hard to beat...a boat with 2 front ends what else do you need?

TEAM RIDER for Coastal Wind Sports

http://www.coastalwindsports.com/

VIDEOS for your entertainment while you wait.

http://vimeo.com/user4948152/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/goldendmd?feature=mhsn
lunchbox

Mood: Feeling Lucky...

[*] posted on 7-14-2011 at 05:53 PM

Haven't rode the twintip in I don't know how long....all time is now spent on the old school fish with straps. Have tried strapless on my 7ft surfboard and loved it. Water starts are a little difficult for me with the constant ocean shore pound but this weekend I'm gonna lose the straps and hopefully go strapless from now on. Love the freedom of movement.

Stopped in at Leo last weekend...south swell head high, about 25 surfers fighting for waves at the point and this one kitesurfer is getting these sick rides about 20 yards further south. At the end, he does a jump, rides toeside upwind and does it all over again...his style was soo smooth...that was the reason I got into kiting in the first place...riding waves without the paddling and the jostling for position.

Flexifoil Blurr 2.5, Ozone Cult 3.5, Nasa Star 3 4.0 Ozone Yakuza 4.0, PL Reactor 4.9, JoJo RM+ 5.0, Ozone Method 5.0, Ozone Yakuza 6.0, Flexifoil Blade IV 6.5, Nasa Star 3 7.0, PL Vapor 7.8, JoJo RX 8.0 (in route), Flexifoil Blade VIP 8.5, PL Vapor 9.4, Ozone Yakuza 10.0, PL Reactor II 10.8, PL Vapor 16.1, PL Venom II 13, PL Charger 15, 19, Flysurfer Unity 12, Flysurfer Pulse 2 14, Flysurfer Speed 2 SA 19, Flysurfer Speed 3 21, MBS Comp 95 landboard, PL Folding buggy, PL XR+ buggy, Slingshot LFT, Lots of surfboards

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio