Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Texas coast kite conduct
Houston AirHead
Posting Freak

Mood: Smooth winds

info.gif posted on 31-1-2011 at 08:41 PM
Texas coast kite conduct

I feel I need to explain something to the kiting community here in Galveston. People, I’m not going to point fingers or name names but, in the past there have been some acts of irresponsible un-neighborly like conduct dealing with kiters and fisherman.

*** NOICE***To all kiters: do NOT disturb fishermen or their equipment. That includes poles, lures, lines, fishermen etcetera.

I am sure law enforcement would not be very happy having to deal with such cases of ignorance.

Being a kiteboarder requires a certain amount of responsibility, integrity, and passiveness. Please, represent Texas kiteboarding in a positive way.

Be safe, have fun and most importantly BE NICE!:thumbup:

*******If you are a kiter in the surrounding areas please print this notice and distribute when at all possible. Get the word out. We’re not going to sit around and let this happen. I’ve already drained my printer’s ink but just one person isn’t going to get the job done. Please help me.

2011 17 Best Taboo
2008 Caution Mayhem 9m
Flysurfer Speed 5 15m
Legend 3
Ace II 8 - for sale rarely used....

erratic winds
Posting Freak

Mood: ATGATT! Armor up!

[*] posted on 31-1-2011 at 09:53 PM

The problem is that notifications like these aren't ever read by those who need to read them.....unless you print them out and put them on their car. Best of luck to you and yours in keeping your spots open and trouble free.

Tide? What's a tide? Man, it's 1000 miles to any ocean.
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-1-2011 at 09:58 PM

what happened and who did it?

WHAT I FLY:
Flysurfer Soul v2 12m, Soul 15m, Soul v2 21m

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:
Kite Skates, Libre Full Race, GI Conflict 106, OR Mako 140, Spleene Door 159

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
Houston AirHead
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 31-1-2011 at 10:38 PM

Dylan, theres been issues of kiters cutting lines. I dont know who.

2011 17 Best Taboo
2008 Caution Mayhem 9m
Flysurfer Speed 5 15m
Legend 3

dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 05:31 AM

kite buggiers? static fliers? landboarding?

im pretty sure that anybody with any sense would try to avoid running into any fishing line... is it possible that you have maybe heard a some exaggerated stories?

WHAT I FLY:

Flexi Rage 1.8m, Jojo RM 3m, Flexi Blurr 3.5, Flexi Blade 4.0m, Flexi Blade 4.9m, Flexi Blurr 5, Jojo RM 6m

WHAT I RIDE:

What I Am In The Market For: Peter Lynn Vapors, Weatherproof Kite Buggy Bag for Libre, PL or Flexi Small Buggy to Tow With, Flexi Pro Link Handles, Flexi Lines, Flexi Kite Killers
ragden
Posting Freak

Mood: ready to ride...

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 06:28 AM

While kitesurfing in Lewes DE I ran over a fisherman's lines once. Didnt even realize what had happened until I saw the fisherman waving at me. When I came in and talked to him, and he explained what happened, I apologized profusely. It was all good, but boy was that a surprise...

My point is this, the person in question might not have known that it happened... Or maybe they did it maliciously, hard to say... Sometimes better to give the benefit of doubt though...

Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DELUXE
Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Flysurfer Psycho4 8m
Peter Lynn Buggy
Twisted Velocity (164)
Spleene (Monster) Door 164x50 (for sale?)
FlyDoor XL (2013)
2011 Spleene RS 132
kiteetik

Mood: apogee reached

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 07:30 AM

hopefully, it was accidental....... i never kite unless there's plenty of room--i dont want any issues directed my way........
dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 08:38 AM

ive run into lines before despite my keeping an eye out... sometimes it happens... it usually hurts, though, and im never going that fast that close to people...

if i do do something like that, rest assured i apologize profusely...

i think that passing out flyers might make people think that what we are doing is going to hurt them, and i think that introducing our sport as dangerous to them might catch the eyes of authorities and cause them to have a bad initial opinion of what we are doing... they have already banned ATV use at san luis pass, please do not get kiting banned there, too

... the beach police at galveston know me, wave hello, and have even retrieved lost boards for me... the last thing i want them to think is that i am out there running into people, and if there is a flier out describing such incidents then i think that would damage our reputation instead of helping it...

so if you want to pass those fliers around surfside, go ahead... but i think you might cause some unnecessary attention and criticism... please dont go posting stuff like this around my kite spot...

... be the change you want to see in the world... lead by example... but please dont draw attention somewhere it doesnt need to be.... also, it is feasible that a flier such as this might cause friction between fishermen and us... they see something like this and automatically think we are going to hurt them or their equipment...

... just act right and be an ambassador, not a director, or preacher, or the kite police... i appreciate your passion for the sport and for respecting others, but i think that distributing fliers directing attention to altercations might be a bad idea

and a question... what is it exactly that we will not sit around and let happen?

WHAT I FLY:

WHAT I RIDE:

Houston AirHead
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 10:08 AM

Dylan, I’ll be short with my response. I know for a fact, by word of mouth, people (select few of kiteboarders) have intentionally cut fisherman’s lines for their own idiotic amusement.

To answer,” And a question... what is it exactly that we will not sit around and let happen?” means, I will spread the word to any kiter I see out on surfside that this has been happening and it shouldn’t be. I too love Surfside for kiting and wish not to lose it...

Those fishermen drive along distance to fish for shark, and spend a large amount of
money just to be out there...

To answer your friction comment between kiters and fishermen, it’s already there. They already have that tone in their voice whenever I speak to them.

Maybe i don't need to drop flyers from a plane, but I just hope somehow people will get the hint to think before they act.

Stay away from the fisherman, they were there first.

Not kiters. Simple.:thumbup:

2011 17 Best Taboo
2008 Caution Mayhem 9m
Flysurfer Speed 5 15m
Legend 3

dylanj423
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 10:49 AM

im appalled that there are those of us out there that only think about themselves, and i hope that they get a finger or two caught in their lines to screw up their day...

i agree that we need to act right, i was simply expressing that a flyer might not be the best way to spread the message...

let me see one of those bastards doing that, and i will personally chase him down and let him/ her know how i really feel about it...

this isnt just a lesson about kiting, its a lesson about life... those that break it are losers that will eventually reap what they sow... if i see it happening near my spot, i will speak up

its everyones beach...

do you know the people that did this? have you mentioned this to them?

WHAT I FLY:

WHAT I RIDE:

Houston AirHead
Posting Freak

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 11:00 AM

No unfortunately, I do not know them. What I do know is the population of kiteboarders is growing fast in Texas. And, maybe by me making a bit of a stink about the issue on PKF, we can make others be more aware of the current issue/issues.

Thankfully our coast is very wide spread and I guess I don’t see them shutting ALL of it down to kiteboarders.:yes:

2011 17 Best Taboo
2008 Caution Mayhem 9m
Flysurfer Speed 5 15m
Legend 3

van
Posting Freak

Mood: ride ! ride ! ride !

[*] posted on 1-2-2011 at 05:31 PM

I usually stay away from any areas with fishing poles, kids, or dogs. It's just not worth running into any one of the 3 when you're on a buggy without brakes.

US-00 ( That\'s right baby .. double O!!)
Engines:
8m charger, 10m Scorpion, 15m phantom, 19m venom, 5m npw9, 8m npw-ha, 9m switchblade , 14m Ozone Catalyst

Rides:
VTT Black Widow, VTT Stinger Race, Flexboardz Haize, Trampa , Spleene HT Door 59, MTH custom twin tip

713-499-0100
http://www.shopvtt.com
http://www.vantantech.com

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio