Power Kite Forum
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hey im new to power kiting HELP
gainey

biggrin.gif posted on 8-23-2005 at 01:47 PM
hey im new to power kiting HELP

hi im new to this site and ive just baught a brookite sky wizard and i have no experiance with flying power kites does any one have any tips for me becuase i havnt got a clue lol

thanx
gribble

Mood: mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:12 AM

Hi Gainey , im new 2 the site 2 ! sky wizard should be great to start out on and get a feel for things . I started flying bout 3 years ago and now have 8 kites , a buggy , a board and have just built my own "wheels of doom" (kite skates):D Saftey is of great importants in this sport , make sure you got enough space 2 fly in and you aint gonna chop off some dog walkers ears or electrocute yourself on power lines. take a freind along to help launch and land the kite, put your back to the wind and enjoy. i found the flexifoil book of power kiting an invaluable source of information when i started out . Get used to the wizard and when youve got it sussed and start getting board with it thats when you go buy somthing a little bit bigger and probably with 4 lines. Hope this is of help , theres loads of good info on the web and people who do this sport seem 2 be of good nature . its all about the smile !:singing:
gainey

[*] posted on 8-26-2005 at 03:59 AM

Thanks gribble do you know any good websites that i could have a look at

thanx
gribble

Mood: mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 05:44 AM

Hi Gainey, glad to be of help . www.powerkiteshop.com and www.kitepower.com are both good sites with pleanty of info on what when and how :wink2: There are loads of sites covering alsorts stuff have a look at the links page on this site. where do you fly , in land or on the coast ? coz them sea breezes make life much easier and more fun :tumble: HaPpY fLyInG.

Go To Top

Hosted by: Mad Moose Studio